I'm one week into using a DTEK60 and have experienced a fair bit of lag even in swiping from one screen to another. The device hangs with a white screen when opening some apps and freezes. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so would like to hear from you. If there isn't a fix then this unit is going back. Coming from a Q10 device I am really surprised that a device with a Snapdragon 820 is this laggy.

Vibration. I have turned off vibration throughout the device including individual apps but am still getting a vibration tone which I think is coming from Gmail notifications - even though I have turned those off. Any help with this would also be appreciated.

Battery life has been okay with some 15 - 20% by the end of a day of normal use, which doesn't include gaming, videos or social media with the exception of WhatsApp messaging. Waiting for what I have read is for the battery to "settle in" but not really sure what that means.
    11-17-16 05:11 PM
    ... Waiting for what I have read is for the battery to "settle in" but not really sure what that means.
    When you get a new device, there is usually a lot of updating going on with some processes running in the background. This increases the load on the battery. Then there are all the new apps being installed and tested which results in more processes running.

Things should settle down now that the first week has gone by.
    11-17-16 05:31 PM
    I have had my 60 for three weeks now and no problems what soever
    11-17-16 05:44 PM
    I'm one week into using a DTEK60 and have experienced a fair bit of lag even in swiping from one screen to another. The device hangs with a white screen when opening some apps and freezes. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so would like to hear from you. If there isn't a fix then this unit is going back. Coming from a Q10 device I am really surprised that a device with a Snapdragon 820 is this laggy.

Vibration. I have turned off vibration throughout the device including individual apps but am still getting a vibration tone which I think is coming from Gmail notifications - even though I have turned those off. Any help with this would also be appreciated.
    1) Lag issue - did you by any chance insert an SD card and set it as adoptable/internal storage? If so I bet that is your problem. I had this issue at first. Fixed it, and now am loving the phone.

2) If your gmail is running through Hub, you have to change the vibration in hub. go to hub settings, click on the gmail email, and turn off Vibration (this drove me insane as well). Otherwise change it from within the Gmail app.
    11-18-16 09:29 AM
    I recently was getting lag and sluggish behavior. I cleared the cache and restarted the phone and that seems to have taken care of it. I also closed all the apps that was open after clearing the cache
    11-18-16 10:35 AM
    I recently was getting lag and sluggish behavior. I cleared the cache and restarted the phone and that seems to have taken care of it. I also closed all the apps that was open after clearing the cache
    Yes, the first thing to do with any "smart" device when something isn't working right is to try a re-start. It's also a good idea to use the Clear (Close) function after using a lot of apps.
    11-18-16 12:20 PM
    Liquidneon, I am using the the SanDisk U3 SDXC card as Portable storage and not internal or Adoptable storage. And, I finally figured out that I have to turn vibration off for Gmail in the hub as well. Problem solved and thanks for your help. I see that you are a track rat and nice ride! Bez
    11-18-16 05:31 PM
    I've had mine for a week and absolutely blazing fast, never experienced any issues at all. Do a factory reset if can't resolve, not normal at all.
    11-18-16 05:55 PM
    rcab I cleared the caches and did a restart and it hasn't made much difference. I will try a factory reset before I initiate an RMA for this device. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.
    11-18-16 07:12 PM
    I'm not sure about the blackberry apps on the dtek60. If there are updates it usually should show it on the Google play store or blackberry should have a way to get the upgrade to you.
    I just had to manually do some of the apps.
    11-19-16 05:20 AM
    I do that to my priv from time to time... but lag will come back...

Android is like that, despite some Fanboys that talk about lag like it's a "myth"
    Johnpetter likes this.
    11-19-16 09:02 AM
    I do that to my priv from time to time... but lag will come back...

Android is like that, despite some Fanboys that talk about lag like it's a "myth"
    I am a long time BlackBerry user (2004) who has been on a Priv since January and a DTEK60 for a week now. Neither phones have any lag whatsoever. Just want others to know that a counterpoint exists.
    Uzi and aecgda like this.
    11-19-16 09:23 AM
    A Q10 with a dual core from 2011 performs so much smoother than an Android to this day.

It's the way it is. I miss the fluidity of the Q10.

I don't think you'll see the same from Android.
    11-19-16 11:56 AM
    After clearing caches, restarting and then fully charging the DTEK60 last night after three hours off the charger the DTEK60 is at 90% and approximately 23 hours of battery life left, after admittedly very light usage. Yesterday, at the same three hours on-time point, the device showed 93% and 3 hours left. I initiated an RMA on the phone yesterday with the [email protected] team and now wonder whether QA/QC failed, and my device has a battery issue, or not, given the wildly differing battery performance statistics from one day to the next. It's a BlackBerry-Android "mystery".
    Last edited by HondaS2K; 11-19-16 at 01:19 PM.
    11-19-16 01:08 PM
    Welcome to Android

#luvmybb10os
    11-19-16 01:14 PM
    An update may correct that soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 06:12 AM
    After clearing caches, restarting and then fully charging the DTEK60 last night after three hours off the charger the DTEK60 is at 90% and approximately 23 hours of battery life left, after admittedly very light usage. Yesterday, at the same three hours on-time point, the device showed 93% and 3 hours left. I initiated an RMA on the phone yesterday with the [email protected] team and now wonder whether QA/QC failed, and my device has a battery issue, or not, given the wildly differing battery performance statistics from one day to the next. It's a BlackBerry-Android "mystery".
    I experienced a small lag yesterday but restarted the device and it's back to super fast again. As for battery, I leave the house with a full charge around 7am and connect the charger when I go to bed around midnight. One thing that I did was customize my app permissions I removed location on any app that didn't need it and I removed Facebook since it was still tracking my location even though I denied permission
    11-20-16 09:40 AM
    I am a long time BlackBerry user (2004) who has been on a Priv since January and a DTEK60 for a week now. Neither phones have any lag whatsoever. Just want others to know that a counterpoint exists.
    Even phones with better specs than the Priv lag.

Everybody is bragging about the Pixel that "doesn't lag" and it's noticeable smoother than other Android phones... Bloody hell, if previous Androids don't lag, the Pixel to be any quicker has to see the future

Since Android was born, that people have been saying that Android doesn't lag... but somehow each year Android phones seem to "lag less"... how can something "lag less" if previous iterations had the claimed "no lag"?

and about your "neither phones have any lag whatsoever"... There is NO smartphone in this world that never lags, NONE, Even iphones that claim to have the most optimized OS and have the most powerfull processor, can have hiccups from time to time.

The fact that your post receives 2 likes, pretty much sums up the state of this forum since BB changed to Android. This is now the wornderland of Android where Android is perfect, has no drawbacks, and someone that doesn't like Android is a sheep or is stupid or something.
    11-20-16 04:42 PM
    I've had a lag and more noticeable is how so many of my apps freeze or take forever to launch. From an earlier reply to the original question I saw that having the external memory formatted to internal storage rather than the usual external storage would fix this. It appears all my apps are on my card (as internal storage). Would you think this is my problem? Would it be best to start fresh by resetting my phone to factory in order to get my card as external storage since all my apps are on it?
    11-21-16 09:22 AM
    I've had a lag and more noticeable is how so many of my apps freeze or take forever to launch. From an earlier reply to the original question I saw that having the external memory formatted to internal storage rather than the usual external storage would fix this. It appears all my apps are on my card (as internal storage). Would you think this is my problem? Would it be best to start fresh by resetting my phone to factory in order to get my card as external storage since all my apps are on it?
    I think your understanding may be reversed.....people who have chosen to format their SD Cards as internal, system memory may experience lag especially with apps loaded on the card. SD memory is just not going to be as fast as the ram chips used in the phone itself. So if this is your issue, then only use the SD card as external, un-mountable memory.
    11-21-16 09:28 AM
    I think your understanding may be reversed.....people who have chosen to format their SD Cards as internal, system memory may experience lag especially with apps loaded on the card. SD memory is just not going to be as fast as the ram chips used in the phone itself. So if this is your issue, then only use the SD card as external, un-mountable memory.
    that was my assumption. He said he formatted as removable.
    11-21-16 11:50 AM
    that was my assumption. He said he formatted as removable.
    My mistake. I meant that having the memory card formatted as external storage would fix it. I currently have it set as internal and it has the issues. Sorry about that.
    11-21-16 12:03 PM
    My mistake. I meant that having the memory card formatted as external storage would fix it. I currently have it set as internal and it has the issues. Sorry about that.
    Make it external again and see how it runs.
    11-21-16 01:30 PM
    that's what I was saying from the beginning. I had the same issue and resolved it. apps should never be run from SD card.
    1) pull out SD card
    2) wipe the phone.
    3) install all apps from play store
    4) insert SD card. format as internal/adoptable
    5) go to storage, options, migrate data.

this way apps run from the phone, media, cache and other crap will be stored on SD, AND be encrypted. If you do external, if you lose your phone all the stuff on the SD card can be accessed.
    mrjack likes this.
    11-22-16 08:05 AM
    Make it external again and see how it runs.
    So far the change to external has made a positive difference!
    11-22-16 02:48 PM
49 12