I am now using a DTEK 60 which I love, upgraded from my priv and before that i was using the passport.

I have a question to ask you guys.

When i take a picture, screen shot or download things on BB10 it all appears in the file system or app library immediately.

But on android I feel that things are much much slower in that regard.

For example take a picture or screen shot and open your gallery app, how long does it take to appear?

I use piktures which from point of capture to it appearing in the library of piktures probably takes 20 seconds.

Also opening pictures from solid explorer to piktures, or videos to VLC also lags badly sometimes.

Is this the same for you all? is it an android trait?
    11-09-16 07:33 AM
    I was actually going to ask - is there a Gallery app for this phone? I can't seem to find it other than the Photos app, which is by far one of the worst Gallery apps I've ever used. Do I have to download an app to do this?
    11-09-16 08:01 AM
    I was actually going to ask - is there a Gallery app for this phone? I can't seem to find it other than the Photos app, which is by far one of the worst Gallery apps I've ever used. Do I have to download an app to do this?
    There are loads of them on Google play just checkout piktures and the other suggestions that pop up
    11-09-16 10:32 AM
    I use quick pic and work good after take pic instantly show up in the gallery
    11-09-16 10:34 AM

On my nexus its instant.
    11-09-16 10:35 AM
    Lagging indexing, is it just me?-1478709292680.jpgLagging indexing, is it just me?-1478709303459.jpg

Took screen shot open the quick pic instantly show up there
    11-09-16 10:35 AM
    I use Piktures also because i like the interface. But of all the gallery apps i have tried it has the longest delay for pictures to appear. I think its more the Piktures app than the Android OS.
    11-09-16 10:39 AM
    I use quick pic and work good after take pic instantly show up in the gallery
    Quick pic is cheetah mobile though
    11-09-16 11:18 AM
    Attached Thumbnails Lagging indexing, is it just me?-26763.jpg  
    11-09-16 11:22 AM
    I use Piktures also because i like the interface. But of all the gallery apps i have tried it has the longest delay for pictures to appear. I think its more the Piktures app than the Android OS.
    I've tried over 20 apps. They are all mostly slow.

Quick pic and Google photos are the only ones which works fast probably.

Also opening piktures from a file manager hangs
    11-09-16 12:31 PM
    I've tried over 20 apps. They are all mostly slow.

Quick pic and Google photos are the only ones which works fast probably.

Also opening piktures from a file manager hangs
    I use Solid Explorer as my file manager. Opening pics from SE does not causing hanging.
    11-09-16 12:38 PM
    I am now using a DTEK 60 which I love, upgraded from my priv and before that i was using the passport.

When i take a picture, screen shot or download things on BB10 it all appears in the file system or app library immediately.

For example take a picture or screen shot and open your gallery app, how long does it take to appear?

I use piktures which from point of capture to it appearing in the library of piktures probably takes 20 seconds.

Also opening pictures from solid explorer to piktures, or videos to VLC also lags badly sometimes.

If I take a picture and want to see it I just use photos... it shows up instantly.
    11-09-16 12:54 PM
    This is the last non CM version
    Attached Thumbnails Lagging indexing, is it just me?-screenshot_20161109-195301.jpg  
    The Big Picture likes this.
    11-09-16 12:57 PM
    Wow thank you very much!
    11-09-16 01:35 PM
    I've tested it extensively and I must say its definitely the best galley app by far.

Too bad the newer versions are data mining nightmares.
    11-10-16 01:35 AM

it's Piktures with the lag. Tried it side by side with other photo apps. Tried Piktures, A+ Gallery (hated the ads), F-Stop, and so many others. The lag in Piktures was too much for me. Waiting for pics to show took minutes @ times. I settled for quick pic non-CM version. Only negative is it populates folders every time the app is opened - so just wait a bit. But still not as bad as the photo lag in Piktures.
    11-10-16 05:31 AM
    it's Piktures with the lag. Tried it side by side with other photo apps. Tried Piktures, A+ Gallery (hated the ads), F-Stop, and so many others. The lag in Piktures was too much for me. Waiting for pics to show took minutes @ times. I settled for quick pic non-CM version. Only negative is it populates folders every time the app is opened - so just wait a bit. But still not as bad as the photo lag in Piktures.
    Mine behaves exactly the same. Baffles me how android can do this simple thing immediately.

Is there an app out there which populates and indexes immediately or at least almost?
    11-10-16 11:05 AM
    I use the latest quick pic it is populated every folder instantly
    11-10-16 11:08 AM
    11-10-16 11:55 AM
    I use the latest quick pic it is populated every folder instantly
    So it is give and take. The latest version may have the most speed but it is also owned by CM..which has some potential concerns. I use the version prior to CM acquisition, which I accept is not the latest and may have inefficiencies, bugs, etc. But I can live with it until I find another suitable gallery replacement.
    11-10-16 11:32 PM
    So it is give and take. The latest version may have the most speed but it is also owned by CM..which has some potential concerns. I use the version prior to CM acquisition, which I accept is not the latest and may have inefficiencies, bugs, etc. But I can live with it until I find another suitable gallery replacement.
    Yeah to each their own I suppose
    11-10-16 11:37 PM