Loving my DTEK60, minus the virtual keyboard. Lately it has been unresponsive. As I'm typing a message (email or whatsapp are what I primarily use), certain keys don't register when I press on them. Especially the space bar and the delete key. In the case of the delete key I need to press it multiple times, and sometimes more forcefully for it to register. I ran the screen test in the BB vurtual expert and it passed, so I am hoping it is not a HW issue with the screen/digitizer. Has anyone else experienced this?
    11-23-16 01:00 PM
    Loving my DTEK60, minus the virtual keyboard. Lately it has been unresponsive. As I'm typing a message (email or whatsapp are what I primarily use), certain keys don't register when I press on them. Especially the space bar and the delete key. In the case of the delete key I need to press it multiple times, and sometimes more forcefully for it to register. I ran the screen test in the BB vurtual expert and it passed, so I am hoping it is not a HW issue with the screen/digitizer. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I haven't experienced this. My only issue with the vkb, I suppose, is my own issue. Coming from the Passport, I seem to always be pressing the wrong keys. For the most part, BlackBerry's autocorrect is on point. But things like pressing 'v' or 'b' instead of the space bar, or the shift key instead of 'a', means I have to go back a lot and manually fix.
    11-23-16 01:05 PM
    I haven't experienced this. My only issue with the vkb, I suppose, is my own issue. Coming from the Passport, I seem to always be pressing the wrong keys. For the most part, BlackBerry's autocorrect is on point. But things like pressing 'v' or 'b' instead of the space bar, or the shift key instead of 'a', means I have to go back a lot and manually fix.
    Thanks for the reply. Hoping some other folks will chime in as well.
    11-23-16 02:41 PM
    I experience the same issues coming from the SE but now 3 weeks in it's getting much easier.
    11-23-16 04:03 PM
    Download Google keyboard. I liked it equally as much as the blackberry keyboard. Some nice features. They both use a swift key base I think.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 08:04 PM
    ^^
    OP I know it sounds sacrilegious but the Google keyboard works beautifully. I am currently using Google's...smooth as butter.

No issues per se with the BB VKB, just that my KB usage is stored and device transferable with Google's.
    11-23-16 08:38 PM
    Download Google keyboard. I liked it equally as much as the blackberry keyboard. Some nice features. They both use a swift key base I think.

Posted via CB10
    ^^
    OP I know it sounds sacrilegious but the Google keyboard works beautifully. I am currently using Google's...smooth as butter.

No issues per se with the BB VKB, just that my KB usage is stored and device transferable with Google's.
    Thanks to you both for the suggestion. I'll definitely give the GoogleVKB a try. I was thinking of using another VKB as a test to see if it is in fact a SW issue with the BB VKB. Is the Google VKB already pre-loaded on our devices?
    11-23-16 09:38 PM
    Thanks to you both for the suggestion. I'll definitely give the GoogleVKB a try. I was thinking of using another VKB as a test to see if it is in fact a SW issue with the BB VKB. Is the Google VKB already pre-loaded on our devices?
    Nope, not much is. With the 50 I went back and forth between the two. They are pretty equal in my opinion. I just found Google version had a couple extra features I use and work better. The swipe back to delete words and the swipe letters to make words both work really well.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 07:37 AM
    Nope, not much is. With the 50 I went back and forth between the two. They are pretty equal in my opinion. I just found Google version had a couple extra features I use and work better. The swipe back to delete words and the swipe letters to make words both work really well.

Posted via CB10
    BB VKB: swipe left to delete a word is a thing.
    anything else? I'd give the Google VKB a go if there are any advantageous features.
    11-24-16 07:45 AM
    BB VKB: swipe left to delete a word is a thing.
    anything else? I'd give the Google VKB a go if there are any advantageous features.
    yeah but it really sucks with the BB keyboard. the google one has the same feature but it's more reliable. 3/4's of the time the bb swipe back from anywhere to delete didn't work for me.
    11-24-16 11:14 AM
    I had no idea i could download different keyboards. As of 15 mins ago i am now using Google's keyboard and am loving it! Much more efficient than the blackberry keyboard!
    11-24-16 06:45 PM
    I had no idea i could download different keyboards. As of 15 mins ago i am now using Google's keyboard and am loving it! Much more efficient than the blackberry keyboard!
    Awesome! Just wait until you start trying out icon packs and launchers! Tons of fun!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 08:25 PM
    Awesome! Just wait until you start trying out icon packs and launchers! Tons of fun!

Posted via CB10
    I've been using the Google keyboard for most of the day and my problems have disappeared. Looks like my issue was with the BlackBerry keyboard. Hopefully a software update fixes it as i do like that keyboard. I do miss the ability to swipe up on words above the various letters. Word correction is awesome on the Google keyboard tho.

Thanks again for the suggestion.
    aecgda likes this.
    11-24-16 11:40 PM
    I've been using the Google keyboard for most of the day and my problems have disappeared. Looks like my issue was with the BlackBerry keyboard. Hopefully a software update fixes it as i do like that keyboard. I do miss the ability to swipe up on words above the various letters. Word correction is awesome on the Google keyboard tho.

Thanks again for the suggestion.
    No worries! You can initialize predictive text and the word options show up on a bar above the keyboard. The swipe up is handy for sure.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 12:44 AM
    i cant say that i care about icon packs.... but tell me more about launchers! what's this?
    11-25-16 06:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'll have to check those out!
    11-25-16 07:01 AM
    One feature I really like about the BlackBerry KB is the crtl/copy/paste function.
    11-25-16 02:41 PM
    i cant say that i care about icon packs.... but tell me more about launchers! what's this?
    The dtek series phones use the blackberry launcher. You can get the google now launcher, nova launcher, or even an IOS launcher that makes the phone look and function almost exactly like an iphone. I went full circle then back to the blackberry launcher because of how clean it is. Other have an assortment of different features.
    11-25-16 03:18 PM
    The dtek series phones use the blackberry launcher. You can get the google now launcher, nova launcher, or even an IOS launcher that makes the phone look and function almost exactly like an iphone. I went full circle then back to the blackberry launcher because of how clean it is. Other have an assortment of different features.
    i've read a few times about these launchers... what is it exactly? what can it do?!
    11-28-16 07:37 AM
    Launchers will replace the current one and allows you to customize your home screen, lock screen, drawer task bar, icons...etc. Adds also gestures like on Nova if I swipe down anywhere on the screen will drop the task bar.
    liquidneon likes this.
    11-28-16 10:39 AM
    Launchers will replace the current one and allows you to customize your home screen, lock screen, drawer task bar, icons...etc. Adds also gestures like on Nova if I swipe down anywhere on the screen will drop the task bar.
    Oooooooh amazing! I will have to check this out. Thanks!
    11-28-16 01:13 PM
    I love the Blackberry VKB. Having just switched to the Dtek60, I think it's pretty much the same - or at least it feels good when I use it like it did on the z30.

But I can't get the VKB typing sound to be louder. Even after adjusting settings in Keyboard Sound setting to max, MaxAudio to near max and volume key to max, it's pretty soft.

I heard that some people had notification sound issues (ie: being low) - is this somehow related?

Or is there an easy fix that I'm missing. Granted, I'm not an android expert but I didn't think it should be this hard to adjust something simple.

I really enjoyed that loud keyboard typing 'thunk thunk' sound I had on my z30 and it's just not doing the same for me at moment on Dtek60.

Any help would be appreciated.
    11-29-16 03:49 PM
    We will have to wait for an update to get the system sounds louder.
    11-29-16 04:32 PM
    Blackberry keyboard works fine for me. I like it's simple classy design. All the swipes work as expected.
    11-29-16 04:37 PM