Why is it that when I use my file manager and chose "internal storage" it says "sd Card" underneath? I have two file managers and each says the same thing.

Can anyone explain?
    Attached Thumbnails internal storage and SD card - so confusing-29454.jpg  
    02-02-17 08:19 PM
    For whatever reason /sdcard is the internal storage. Actual SD cards are in /storage/somenumber (depends on SD card), based on my DTEK60 running Marshmallow with a SD card formatted as external.
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    02-02-17 10:37 PM
    This is an Android thing not a Blackberry thing. My Galaxy Tab S does the same thing. I agree, it's really stupid. If you're trying to deal with the actual so card you have to go up in folders until you find it. Mine is called "3564-3837" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 10:43 PM
    Thank you both. That is just stupid though. Makes me think that all of my pics are on my phone even when I set the camera up to save to the sd card.

Thanks again.
    02-03-17 09:16 AM
    For whatever reason /sdcard is the internal storage. Actual SD cards are in /storage/somenumber (depends on SD card), based on my DTEK60 running Marshmallow with a SD card formatted as external.
    Can you tell me how the path to get there? Do I use the storage and usb in settings or do I use my third party file manager to find this?
    02-03-17 09:20 AM
    Can you tell me how the path to get there? Do I use the storage and usb in settings or do I use my third party file manager to find this?
    I use Solid Explorer, so there's a panel on the left with Internal Memory (root/sdcard) and SD card (root/storage/6431-3031).
    02-03-17 09:24 AM
    Ok great thanks. Sorry so which one is the actual sd card?
    02-03-17 11:27 AM
    Post a photo of root/storage folder.
    02-03-17 11:27 AM
    Just use Solid Explorer or the ASUS File Manager and you won't be confused.
    02-04-17 10:22 AM
    Trying to move photos from dropbox to external sd, it worked for a few photos then stopped and now wont move or copy any?

Using solid app, landscape with dropbox on one side and external on other.
    02-06-17 06:06 PM
    Trying to move photos from dropbox to external sd, it worked for a few photos then stopped and now wont move or copy any?

Using solid app, landscape with dropbox on one side and external on other.
    Try restarting your phone.
    02-06-17 06:15 PM
    Thanks everyone. I've installed Solid Explorer and yes, it does seem to be less confusing.
    02-07-17 11:09 AM
    Try restarting your phone.
    Did, then it works once, then wont do it again. Annoying
    02-07-17 01:10 PM
    Post a photo of root/storage folder.
    I actually don't know what this means!
    02-07-17 05:26 PM
    Punbb,
    Try this: open Solid Explorer, click on the "hamburger menu" ( 3 lines in the top left corner). Listed under Storages, you should see "Internal Memory" and "SD Card".
    Select Internal Memory. By default your most recent camera pictures will be in the folder called Camera inside the DCIM Folder, unless you have changed it to your SD Card.
    Hit the Hamburger Menu again and this time choose SD Card. If your camera pictures are stored on your SD Card, you should see another DCIM folder with a Camera Folder inside it.

Root Folder just means the main or top folder level.

I suggest you install the Piktures app from the Google Play Store. It automatically scans both your Internal Memory and SD Card to locate all your pictures and images and should make it easier for you to browse and organize your pictures once you get used to how it works.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 02-07-17 at 09:54 PM.
    02-07-17 09:42 PM
    Is there a way to see pictures from SD card in google photos app?
    02-08-17 09:47 AM
    Yes, but then your pictures are automatically stored by Google on the Internet. I prefer to keep my data charges to a minimum and have everything locally on my own device. With an app like Piktures, you can still share your pictures anytime you want from you phone.
    02-08-17 10:00 AM
    Yes, but then your pictures are automatically stored by Google on the Internet. I prefer to keep my data charges to a minimum and have everything locally on my own device. With an app like Piktures, you can still share your pictures anytime you want from you phone.
    I think there is an option to turn off auto uploading and still use the Google Photo app.
    02-08-17 11:16 AM
    That's incorrect. You have the option to save to Google Drive or not. It's not mandatory.
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    02-08-17 01:15 PM
    Yes. When you go into Google Photos, tap the settings menu, 3 lines in the upper left corner. Click on device folders.
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    02-08-17 01:16 PM
    Yes. When you go into Google Photos, tap the settings menu, 3 lines in the upper left corner. Click on device folders.
    Yes but how does one tell which are internal or SD?
    02-08-17 02:26 PM
    Yes but how does one tell which are internal or SD?
    As I think someone mentioned, your SD card will have a name like 1234-5678 and you should see in the top level of all your file folders.
    02-08-17 03:14 PM
    As I think someone mentioned, your SD card will have a name like 1234-5678 and you should see in the top level of all your file folders.
    When I click on device folders it shows thumnails of albums only
    02-08-17 04:10 PM
    When I click on device folders it shows thumnails of albums only
    Where do you see "Device Folders"? Are you using Google Photos? When I open it and choose Photos, I see folder names above groups of my thumbnails. If I open an image in the Camera folder and I press the white circle with an "i" in it (Information), it shows the image file location as /storage/0123-4567/DCIM/Camera/.
    02-08-17 04:38 PM
    Where do you see "Device Folders"? Are you using Google Photos? When I open it and choose Photos, I see folder names above groups of my thumbnails. If I open an image in the Camera folder and I press the white circle with an "i" in it (Information), it shows the image file location as /storage/0123-4567/DCIM/Camera/.
    Read my post #20
    02-08-17 06:07 PM
38 12