I'm quite liking the camera on the DTEK60 but am beginning to feel that it would benefit from image stability for still shots. It does quite well for landscape and distant views but for closer subjects and in lower light I have a difficult time avoiding some blur from camera shake. This happens in manual mode too with a higher shutter speed such as 1/125 but results in a lot of noise when there is lower light. Would anyone else like to see an update that includes IS?
    11-28-16 06:47 PM
    I'm quite liking the camera on the DTEK60 but am beginning to feel that it would benefit from image stability for still shots. It does quite well for landscape and distant views but for closer subjects and in lower light I have a difficult time avoiding some blur from camera shake. This happens in manual mode too with a higher shutter speed such as 1/125 but results in a lot of noise when there is lower light. Would anyone else like to see an update that includes IS?
    Doesn't OIS need hardware?
    11-28-16 06:52 PM
    Well the phone does have it for video so I am assuming it could be applied to stills.
    11-28-16 06:58 PM
    Still photos would need OIS hardware.
    Video uses a temporal stabilizer, which wouldn't help. individual video frames would look blurry like the photos. noise averages out over time, so less obvious.
    11-29-16 05:03 PM
    Video uses a temporal stabilizer, which wouldn't help. individual video frames would look blurry like the photos. noise averages out over time, so less obvious.
    Long time no see stranger! Can we expect a slew of camera improvements for the DTEK60 like you guys did for the Priv?
    11-29-16 05:37 PM
    Thank you, smcv, for stopping by CB to check up on us. I have taken an interest in the DTEK60 and its camera, because a family member got a '60 and has been sharing pictures with me that have been taken on it. I have a Priv.
    I have an observation and a question: I noticed that something changed in the editing tools of my Priv. The DTEK60 tools are the same as the new changes I have noticed in the Priv. When accessing the editing tool, there are filters that now automatically show up along the bottom of the picture when the tool is opened. Filters to use after the photo was taken used to only open if they were specifically accessed. Plus they are not the same filters as were available before. As mentioned, new Priv ones are now the same as the DTEK60 ones. I got a new sim card after getting error messages. I got the new sim about 3 weeks ago and after that I noticed the changes in the editing tool. I have a shopBlackBerry Priv and am on T-Mobile. I had had the old sim card since last November when I first got the Priv. Did this change happen because I got a new sim card? Or was there was a software upgrade to make the tools match the DTEK60? Is it just a coincidence that it happened at the same time as I got the new sim. The old post pic filters included one called "Venus" and others I don't see any more.
    11-30-16 01:02 AM
    Thank you, smcv, for stopping by CB to check up on us. I have taken an interest in the DTEK60 and its camera, because a family member got a '60 and has been sharing pictures with me that have been taken on it. I have a Priv.
    I have an observation and a question: I noticed that something changed in the editing tools of my Priv. The DTEK60 tools are the same as the new changes I have noticed in the Priv. When accessing the editing tool, there are filters that now automatically show up along the bottom of the picture when the tool is opened. Filters to use after the photo was taken used to only open if they were specifically accessed. Plus they are not the same filters as were available before. As mentioned, new Priv ones are now the same as the DTEK60 ones. I got a new sim card after getting error messages. I got the new sim about 3 weeks ago and after that I noticed the changes in the editing tool. I have a shopBlackBerry Priv and am on T-Mobile. I had had the old sim card since last November when I first got the Priv. Did this change happen because I got a new sim card? Or was there was a software upgrade to make the tools match the DTEK60? Is it just a coincidence that it happened at the same time as I got the new sim. The old post pic filters included one called "Venus" and others I don't see any more.
    My understanding is that the editor is Google Photos or Snapseed or another Android built-in, so whatever has changed would be a Google thing, and perhaps you just need to update an app. You can probably figure out which app is being used by poking around settings->apps. You can also reset the defaults from in there somewhere so you can explicitly choose the edit app. If you don't get a choice, it is likely Google Photos.
    11-30-16 01:58 PM