We have recently received it and haven't made it available on the website yet, although if you would like it you can order the Carbon Black and add a note. I would say that the 3M does still add grip, however it is not a rubbery feel.
    Menage likes this.
    11-29-16 04:40 AM
    Just installed the front skin...Heads up: UKarbon now selling DTEK60 skins!-img_1480471064.251376.jpg
    hammer40 likes this.
    11-29-16 07:57 PM
    Order the carbon/ orange combo, can't wait
    11-29-16 10:40 PM
    We have recently received it and haven't made it available on the website yet, although if you would like it you can order the Carbon Black and add a note. I would say that the 3M does still add grip, however it is not a rubbery feel.
    So no word if you're allowed to display the BB logo in the front sticker? What if it's just a cutout so the black shows through in the shape of the logo? Lol :-D

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-30-16 12:09 AM
    This could be quite cool actually, happy to do this and I'll make one of the cutting guides a preset so the BB logo is included, without charging an additional custom fee.

If you would like this it will just be a case of adding a note to the order.

Thanks
    Randal Yandal and Menage like this.
    11-30-16 04:24 AM
    I realize this is not the right forum but since the thread here is active I'll ask here instead of necroing an old topic that probably exists somewhere towards the bottom of the proper, neighbouring forum:

Any feedback on the UKarbon skins for Priv? Does it add to the handling of the device? I've been led to believe Priv is not awfully slippery to begin with, but as my motto goes, better is always better.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 07:25 AM
    This could be quite cool actually, happy to do this and I'll make one of the cutting guides a preset so the BB logo is included, without charging an additional custom fee.

Thanks
    That's cool. I actually don't have a dtek60, but always keeping an eye out for what I may need in the future... But those of you with dtek60's, keep this in mind! :-P

11-30-16 10:37 AM

Thanks
    You sir, are a god among BlackBerry fans. You're doing more to make this device a BlackBerry than BlackBerry themselves.

Posted via CB10
    Menage likes this.
    11-30-16 11:12 AM

Thanks
    That is very cool! Now I might be compelled to order one! Please be gentle with the shipping charges to Canada. Remember, we�re part of the monarchy!
    Would it be pushing it to ask if the cut out could extend to not only the BlackBerry logo, but to also include the BlackBerry wordmark?
    11-30-16 11:16 AM
    Would it be pushing it to ask if the cut out could extend to not only the BlackBerry logo, but to also include the BlackBerry wordmark?
    That's precisely what he's talking about.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 12:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Very cool! I'd love to see what that looks like! It would look solid on the chin (a la Z10) as there doesn't seem to be much room up top with the camera, sensors and light.
    11-30-16 12:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, think he's just talking about the logo, and personally I think that's a cleaner way to do it anyway. :-)

11-30-16 02:00 PM
    I've just been emailing back and forth with UKarbon and their customer service is top shelf! I placed a custom order and can't wait to receive it! Will post pics once I get it! But first, Digital River needs to ship me the DTEK60 that I ordered four days ago!!!
    11-30-16 03:48 PM
    I bought two skins. Carbon black and leather black. I highly recommend them. I did not like glass. With skin on, the phone still fits in the envelope case that came with the device.
    12-01-16 01:01 AM
    Leather skin fits perfectly ;-)Heads up: UKarbon now selling DTEK60 skins!-img-20161130-wa0004.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Heads up: UKarbon now selling DTEK60 skins!-10181.jpg  
    12-01-16 01:29 PM
    how is the "grippiness"?

I am waiting for my black carbon 3M skin... I would have ordered the newer grippier version but I did not know about them when I placed my order.
    12-01-16 02:09 PM
    I received also the Black carbon but leather gives clearly more gripeness .
    12-01-16 02:15 PM
    I received my black carbon skin today. I don't even have a Dtek60 yet.

But I am sad to report that it is not the least bit grippy. Sadly I would not have ordered it given this.
    UKarbon likes this.
    12-01-16 06:24 PM
    I received my black carbon skin today. I don't even have a Dtek60 yet.

But I am sad to report that it is not the least bit grippy. Sadly I would not have ordered it given this.
    Let them know you made a mistake and they will probably send you a leather one as long as you pay the shipping cost. They did that for me..top notch customer service.
    12-01-16 06:48 PM
    Installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Heads up: UKarbon now selling DTEK60 skins!-img_20161201_202551.jpg  
    nuff_said likes this.
    12-02-16 12:11 AM
    I've just been emailing back and forth with UKarbon and their customer service is top shelf! I placed a custom order and can't wait to receive it! Will post pics once I get it! But first, Digital River needs to ship me the DTEK60 that I ordered four days ago!!!
    Dan did you receive your custom order from UKarbon yet? If so can you post some pics.
    12-06-16 01:07 PM
    Just installed. Black leather. Back only. Simpler to put on than I anticipated. It is AWESOME. I decided to eliminate the rubberized case entirely. Just using the back skin now. It adds grip. Yes I realize it is not protective but the feel is now far less slippery.
    12-06-16 01:26 PM
    Just installed. Black leather. Back only. Simpler to put on than I anticipated. It is AWESOME. I decided to eliminate the rubberized case entirely. Just using the back skin now. It adds grip. Yes I realize it is not protective but the feel is now far less slippery.
    Good to know. I have the black / orange carbon but curious about the grippiness of the leather. Thanks.
    12-06-16 05:41 PM
    Hi guys,

I have seen a few comments about grippiness.

The original carbon is not that grippy, however I can assure that the new stuff we have is. This is a different line of vinyl, not 3M, however still great quality. New line is currently black, white and blue.

For anyone who has ordered the carbon black expecting the grippiness, please email me on [email protected] and I'll arrange for you to receive the grippy version at no cost other than postage.

For future reference we will only send this though if it is requested in the notes.

Thanks for the support.

Tom
    Last edited by UKarbon; 12-07-16 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Adding info
    12-07-16 01:15 PM
    Hi guys,

I have seen a few comments about grippiness.

The original carbon is not that grippy, however I can assure that the new stuff we have is. This is a different line of vinyl, not 3M, however still great quality. New line is currently black, white and blue.

For anyone who has ordered the carbon black expecting the grippiness, please email me on [email protected] and I'll arrange for you to receive the grippy version at no cost other than postage.

For future reference we will only send this though if it is requested in the notes.

Thanks for the support.

Tom
    So in other words folks, when ordering, make sure to write "Gimme the GRIPPY!!!" in the notes or you'll get the normal non-grippy 3M ones. :-)

I know sales of these BB ones would not be as good as the others, but you think you will make a line for the "Mercury" if it actually comes out? That phone I'm keeping a close eye on. And definitely want some grippy carbon action for that, lol.

12-07-16 02:01 PM
122 12345