Has anyone tried to engrave the BlackBerry logo on the front side of the Dtek60 phone? Would be cool if it'll look like the made by BlackBerry phones.
    11-10-16 02:53 AM
    Just use stickers more safe I think
    11-10-16 02:59 AM
    Stickers would peel very easily. What I meant by engrave is using laser printing.
    11-10-16 03:39 AM
    Stickers would peel very easily. What I meant by engrave is using laser printing.
    Not a bad idea.

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    11-10-16 04:03 AM
    Something like this:

bb624, FF22 and thekidshop like this.
    11-10-16 08:23 AM
    Cool man!
    11-10-16 09:25 AM
    After owning the phone now for a few weeks, I think I see why BlackBerry didn't do it in the first place. The placement of the camera and the notification indicator light is too far away from the right side of the phone so the standard BlackBerry logo wouldn't fit in the middle of the bezel the way that it has on BB made phones.
    11-10-16 10:09 AM
    After owning the phone now for a few weeks, I think I see why BlackBerry didn't do it in the first place. The placement of the camera and the notification indicator light is too far away from the right side of the phone so the standard BlackBerry logo wouldn't fit in the middle of the bezel the way that it has on BB made phones.
    Well they could've put it on the bottom if that really was a deciding factor. They've done the same before on other phones. The z10 for instance.

I'm actually glad they didn't do it cos it makes the phone a lot sleeker and the all black front is lovely and I much prefer it.. Just my opinion. It's more likely for aesthetic reasons just like the iPhone.
    11-10-16 10:34 AM
    Careful with ideas like this.... Tempered glass (which is what all those screens and backs are!) have a propensity to shatter if the stress is relieved that makes them strong. You have to do it BEFORE the tempering process is done, not after!
    11-10-16 11:00 AM
    Just use a Sharpie?
    11-10-16 11:03 AM
    Careful with ideas like this.... Tempered glass (which is what all those screens and backs are!) have a propensity to shatter if the stress is relieved that makes them strong. You have to do it BEFORE the tempering process is done, not after!
    I second this...you can't do much with glass once it's been tempered. Also....laser engraving produces a TON of heat. That heat *can't* be good for whatever is attached to that glass. If you want to try it, try it on a tempered glass screen protector, then glue the tempered pieces back together after it shatters, and *then* you can put the spiderwebbed, engraved protector on the phone.
    tickerguy likes this.
    11-11-16 09:37 AM
    Pad printing, but it will be very expensive for just one.... UV print might suit also, still expensive for one off.
    11-12-16 04:26 PM
    Oh wow...
    11-13-16 04:30 PM
    I wish somebody sold one of those glass screen protector with it etched in there, I think the DTEK60 looks unfinished like BlackBerry took it out of the oven a little too early.

Posted via CB10 from my Phdesktop, the (square)  BlackBerry Passport
    11-18-16 12:23 AM