I am not an expert, but this video seems to point to how great the DTEK60 is!
    01-16-17 05:53 PM
    Nice results!
    01-16-17 09:59 PM
    In most tests, the iPhone 7 results to be slightly more powerful/faster than any other high-end Android device. The fact that the DTEK 60 is not much slower than the iPhone 7 in most standard tasks (and in some tasks is even slightly faster), is the proof of the great work done by TCL and BlackBerry with the DTEK (of course iOS has other major advantages, but that's a separate question). Just reflect on this: two years ago we would have been literally disgusted by an Android phone, especially an Alcatel one. Those who loathed Android were wrong. Thanks to BlackBerry, we still have a partial BlackBerry experience on Alcatel phones.
    LoveMyLBZ and anon(1129470) like this.
    01-17-17 12:57 PM
    In most tests, the iPhone 7 results to be slightly more powerful/faster than any other high-end Android device. The fact that the DTEK 60 is not much slower than the iPhone 7 in most standard tasks (and in some tasks is even slightly faster), is the proof of the great work done by TCL and BlackBerry with the DTEK (of course iOS has other major advantages, but that's a separate question). Just reflect on this: two years ago we would have been literally disgusted by an Android phone, especially an Alcatel one. Those who loathed Android were wrong. Thanks to BlackBerry, we still have a partial BlackBerry experience on Alcatel phones.
    Performance wasn't really the big thing that cause an uproar, it's the software. The hub is pretty useless on android, which is the biggest feature in bb10.
    01-18-17 09:39 AM
    I'm sorry but having used Android has made me look to windows (haven't tried it yet). The android OS is terrible compared to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 10:49 AM
    I'm sorry but having used Android has made me look to windows (haven't tried it yet). The android OS is terrible compared to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Trust me, Windows Phone is the worst mobile OS ever made, it's driving me crazy. iOS is more similar to BB 10 than Android and WP, in my opinion.
    But I don't agree about Android, especially if we take into account the huge improvements made with Marshmallow (I have yet to see Nougat, but it's necessarily even better). Aside from the HUB (which is becoming more similar to the BB 10 one month by month: it's not identical, but is way more than decent, @Dat Gui) and the gestures, I'm having a hard time pointing out any other difference. Even if we skip the app-gap (which influences about the 80% of a smartphone experience), there's still nothing BB 10 excels at, as of now: the browser is outdated, especially compared to Chrome, while the other default apps are nice but nothing special or irreplaceable (and some of them have already been ported to Android). Yeah, I liked fast swiping around my Z10, and I loved the GUI too, but that's honestly all. If we were in 2013, or even 2014, I would agree, because Android really sucked until version 5, and iOS 7 was still incomplete in terms of features; not in 2017.
    01-18-17 11:39 AM
    Performance wasn't really the big thing that cause an uproar, it's the software. The hub is pretty useless on android, which is the biggest feature in bb10.
    It isn't useless. Mine works very well and I'm happy with it.
    01-18-17 02:49 PM
    It always comes down to value-judgment:

Is Hub + Peek/Flow > Apps + Hub? That's the crux of the BB10 vs Android argument, and it's not much different in the BB10 vs iOS space either (except that Hub, or an equivalent, does not exist for iOS).

It's not so much a feature battle as it is a matter of priorities, i.e., apps or interface.
    01-18-17 03:24 PM
    Trust me, Windows Phone is the worst mobile OS ever made, it's driving me crazy. iOS is more similar to BB 10 than Android and WP, in my opinion.
    But I don't agree about Android, especially if we take into account the huge improvements made with Marshmallow (I have yet to see Nougat, but it's necessarily even better). Aside from the HUB (which is becoming more similar to the BB 10 one month by month: it's not identical, but is way more than decent, @Dat Gui) and the gestures, I'm having a hard time pointing out any other difference. Even if we skip the app-gap (which influences about the 80% of a smartphone experience), there's still nothing BB 10 excels at, as of now: the browser is outdated, especially compared to Chrome, while the other default apps are nice but nothing special or irreplaceable (and some of them have already been ported to Android). Yeah, I liked fast swiping around my Z10, and I loved the GUI too, but that's honestly all. If we were in 2013, or even 2014, I would agree, because Android really sucked until version 5, and iOS 7 was still incomplete in terms of features; not in 2017.
    How is iOS more similar to bb10?
    01-18-17 03:27 PM
    It's not.

BB10 has always shared closer ties to Android due to the Android Runtime, and to the increased customisation ability of the OS.

And now with BlackBerry Android, it's a no-brainer.
    01-18-17 03:32 PM
    Because of its structure and "philosophy": just an Home Screen with the apps, an identical lock-screen, a relatively closed ecosystem, apps GUI that share a similar design, an efficient OS that can do way more the Android with the same hardware, and so on.
    The only thing linking BB OS 10 to Android is the runtime, the apk. Now the DTEKs manage to deliver some of the best OS 10 features.
    01-18-17 04:02 PM
    The O/S is optimized for the hardware on BB10 & IOS where as Android is like Windows (will run on generic hardware and not optimized for any one brand of device)
    01-19-17 01:37 AM
    Very impressive, just another feather to make the switch back to Blackberry!
    01-19-17 03:30 PM
    I appreciate RPWINGS' video, and the real muscular difference between BB an iPhone is more profound.

There are three things that make a successful digital device:
    1) sexy hardware
    2) professional-level software (OS + applications)
    3) marketing

Both Blackberry and Apple have the first one. Apple misses badly on #2. Blackberry has genuine advantages over Apple and I hope BB keeps pushing on it.
    01-19-17 04:09 PM
    the dtek60 is nice but carriers dont carry it. which sucks.
    foodguy11 likes this.
    01-19-17 04:12 PM
    the dtek60 is nice but carriers dont carry it. which sucks.
    Been buying my devices outright for 10+ years.

CONTRACTS that cost more suck. (Plus I save money in the long run)
    01-19-17 05:12 PM
    Anyone here know:
    1) if the DTEK60 is available un-locked, and
    2) detail about the un-locked DTEK60 as to which United States carriers it is compatible with?
    01-20-17 01:08 PM
    Anyone here know:
    1) if the DTEK60 is available un-locked, and
    2) detail about the un-locked DTEK60 as to which United States carriers it is compatible with?
    All DTEK60 devices are factory-unlocked.

They work with all GSM carriers. Sorry, no Verizon.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-20-17 01:23 PM
    All DTEK60 devices are factory-unlocked.

They work with all GSM carriers. Sorry, no Verizon.
    Oh my.......thanks.
    01-25-17 12:27 AM
    I use an iPhone 6 for work which still has the ability to run the latest version of ios but doesn't have the 3D touch capability. I don't really like ios in how the user is supposed to go in and out of apps and getting some content from one app to another doesn't always seem easy. This however, I thought, was well done on BlackBerry 10. However the app gap pushed me to BlackBerry android (for my personal device) I don't mind the OS but there are two things that bother me...the apps seem better on ios even if the free version. Either they have a better interface or more features. Although I don't like ios it does seem pretty good at managing resources (Ram and battery life). The last thing is the camera appears to better on ios. Okay this all being said I have not used a Pixel. So maybe Android can be better than ios. I just want to see improvements in the app quality on Android and a better camera in a BlackBerry (don't get me wrong - we have come a long way).
    I did watch one comparison of ios 10 and android nougat and quite honestly they are getting pretty close to each other. What we need is further optimization in Android.
    Why I want to stay Android/BlackBerry is because of the choice. I am not locked in. So if I have my Android TV at home everyone who comes over can connect no matter the device they have. If I visit someone with apple tv then I can't share with them. I guess I don't like Apple forcing you into their entire ecosystem (I know it is brilliant from a marketing /business model standpoint but I don't feel like it is best for the consumer- increased cost and less choice).
    Let's see what 2017 brings us.
    01-25-17 09:48 AM
    Trying to see whether Android or iOS works like BB10 is a form of functional fixation - focusing on how it does something rather than what it does. I've never used an Android phone but I'm sure that I would eventually get used to it because it's a modern smartphone OS that is used by hundreds of millions of people of all types and proficiencies.

Apps have better user interfaces on iOS because developers have an easier time when there aren't all those hardware variations to deal with. Imagine trying to design an UI when you don't really know what the dimensions of the screen might be or what the capabilities of the smartphone are.
    01-25-17 11:02 AM
    agree, so hard to find. Telus only carries the classic currently.
    01-26-17 08:29 AM
    Thanks for the great response.

The Priv I use has the most up to date version for the device. Sailfish I want, but have trouble finding.

I buy the phones for my staff and have used them all. Apps are not a big deal for me. There are very few I need. The only ones I can't live without are BBM, my bank, Gasbuddy, and TAO and Microsoft translators. And of course the hub is awesome.

I like Windows 10. I just bought a Surface pro 4 for one of my staff and it has been really very good. Hence the suggestion of going to a Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-17 08:49 AM
    Thanks for the great response.

The Priv I use has the most up to date version for the device. Sailfish I want, but have trouble finding.

I buy the phones for my staff and have used them all. Apps are not a big deal for me. There are very few I need. The only ones I can't live without are BBM, my bank, Gasbuddy, and TAO and Microsoft translators. And of course the hub is awesome.

I like Windows 10. I just bought a Surface pro 4 for one of my staff and it has been really very good. Hence the suggestion of going to a Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    But the Surface Pro runs Windows 10, Windows 10 mobile is a very different OS. And, well, I'm not sure these apps are available on Windows 10 smartphones (BBM has been officially removed from the Windows Store), but most likely they don't (there are even less banking apps than on my Z10!).
    01-26-17 10:09 AM
    I have the iPhone 7 plus but really want the dtek60 bad!
    RigoMonster likes this.
    01-28-17 12:28 AM