I have an S7 and it's driving me insane! I came over from a Z10 so in my opinion the apps kill the BB10 but the lack of a BlackBerry keyboard is driving me away. As a self employed general contractor who must answer several emails SMS etc while on site I can't afford to waste my time with 2 thumb keyboard activity and autocorrect. That's what's pushing me back to BlackBerry. Unless they release the keyboard this week I'm walking
    Since you were using the Z10 why not get the DTEK60?
    If you want a PKB, it ain't happening this week or in the coming few weeks of this year either
    Don't expect anything before February

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-01-16 10:55 PM
    I have the DTEK60 and a Galaxy S7, so I have a little input even though I haven't spent much time with the DTEK60 yet... still using the S7 as my daily driver.

The biggest difference is the camera and the screen. Although the resolution is pretty close, the screen quality on the S7 is just better. Sure, it's a little more pixel dense since it's a smaller display, but it just seems like a little higher quality panel all around.

I haven't messed with the DTEK60 camera yet, but considering what others have mentioned on here and the quality of the S7 camera, I imagine it won't be too close.

I plan to make the DTEK my daily driver sometime in November. Perhaps I'll sell the S7 but I may just hang onto it... I usually just hang on to my old devices, since BB and Windows Phone devices aren't worth much used... put I suppose I could recoup a reasonable amount of the S7 cost by selling it!
    Since you have both, do you feel any difference in the build quality on the glass back?
    11-03-16 08:51 AM
    Since you have both, do you feel any difference in the build quality on the glass back?
    The S7 definitely feels more like glass... I would say it has a nicer feel and appearance.

I do like the thinness of the DTEK60 however.

For right now the S7 is still my daily phone, still playing around with the DTEK60 but it feels fine too.
    11-03-16 09:20 AM
    At least you can get a S7 fixed if need be. Parts for a DTEK will be scarce.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 09:34 AM
    Very true. I'm planning to just hang on the S7 as well anyhow, so that will probably be my backup plan if I ever damage the DTEK60.
    11-03-16 09:56 AM
    The S7 definitely feels more like glass... I would say it has a nicer feel and appearance.

I do like the thinness of the DTEK60 however.

For right now the S7 is still my daily phone, still playing around with the DTEK60 but it feels fine too.
    Lmfao. They feel exactly the same, because they are the same. Glass.
    11-03-16 10:03 AM
    How's the size and handling of the dtek60 vs the S7 though?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    11-03-16 10:25 AM
    I also have the S7 for work and the dtek60 for personal use.. Both glass covers look the same to me, except that the S7 phone itself (not just the glass) is thicker and heavier, maybe that's why some ppl think it's better quality. As for smudges/ fingerprints I did notice the S7 attracts more of them, for some reason my dtek60 is way better that way. Maybe it has some extra coating or something.. Dunno, but I like it
    Last edited by MoraBoy; 11-03-16 at 08:46 PM.
    11-03-16 11:18 AM
    Lmfao. They feel exactly the same, because they are the same. Glass.
    Well, yes, there's no doubting they're both glass... but the glass on the S7 seems a bit shinier and as others have mentioned, it's heaver as well... so maybe part of the perception is just that it's more substantive.
    11-03-16 11:57 AM
    I also have the S7 for work and the dtek60 for personal use.. Both glass covers look the same to me, except that the S7 phone itself (not just the glass) is thicker and heavier, maybe that's why some ppl think it's better quality. As for smudges/ fingerprints I did notice the S7 attracts more of them, for some reason my dtek60 is way better that way. Maybe is has some extra coating or something.. Dunno, but I like it
    Yes.. The dtek60 has a coating on it that is smudge resistant so it really helps. I just got mine yesterday and love it.

Plus.. I find the back not slippery at all. Not sure why some bloggers have said so.
    Last edited by naijab0y; 11-03-16 at 02:22 PM.
    11-03-16 12:20 PM
    Well, yes, there's no doubting they're both glass... but the glass on the S7 seems a bit shinier and as others have mentioned, it's heaver as well... so maybe part of the perception is just that it's more substantive.
    The dtek glass has a smidge resistant coating, thats why its less shiny. Its an added feature.
    11-03-16 01:19 PM
    I quite like the back of the DTEK60 versus the S7. I prefer to use a holster, and the S7 stays in a hard case that is holstered, whereas the DTEK60 is in the BlackBerry leather holster, so the DTEK60 is 'naked' a lot more often than the S7. It's a lot easier to hold on to versus the S7 when I have the case off.
    11-03-16 01:32 PM
    I had an s7 and returned it. It is well built but the glass is very fragile. My reason to return it was software. Forget touchwiz, forget samsung apps, forget it. Ram management is bad, data consumption is way high with those samsung background services... it's a mess.

I had 7 mail accounts and mails never arrived or get pushed as programmed on mail app. Call quality wasn't spectacular for a 800 euros phone. App redundancy and fragmentation was confusing. It was just a mess.

I tried blackberry android on the Priv and it's very very good. It actually has apps and tweaks that do make the difference in real world tasks.

I'm thinking about getting the dtek60 but I need to try out one with my bare hands first to be convinced.

Posted via CB10
    tonythecanuck and melb_me like this.
    11-03-16 01:33 PM
    I had an s7 and returned it. It is well built but the glass is very fragile. My reason to return it was software. Forget touchwiz, forget samsung apps, forget it. Ram management is bad, data consumption is way high with those samsung background services... it's a mess.

I had 7 mail accounts and mails never arrived or get pushed as programmed on mail app. Call quality wasn't spectacular for a 800 euros phone. App redundancy and fragmentation was confusing. It was just a mess.

I tried blackberry android on the Priv and it's very very good. It actually has apps and tweaks that do make the difference in real world tasks.

I'm thinking about getting the dtek60 but I need to try out one with my bare hands first to be convinced.

Posted via CB10
    I have the Priv and I love it. I hope the DTEK60 is even better!
    11-03-16 02:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Before you give the Samsung the heave ho , you should try the BlackBerry Android subscription . Essentially it PRIV's up your S7. The only part missing is the keyboard but that can be had via Cobalt.

If you try the Subscription and do not like it you can quit at any time.
    11-03-16 03:20 PM
    I have an S7 and it's driving me insane! I came over from a Z10 so in my opinion the apps kill the BB10 but the lack of a BlackBerry keyboard is driving me away. As a self employed general contractor who must answer several emails SMS etc while on site I can't afford to waste my time with 2 thumb keyboard activity and autocorrect. That's what's pushing me back to BlackBerry. Unless they release the keyboard this week I'm walking
    Well different fits satisfy different needs
    BlackBerrys with pkb are made for people like you that need those kind of features in a phone like a physical keyboard for an extensive use
    11-04-16 02:16 AM
    I have the note 5 and tbh...as much as I loved the passport. The note 5 is my all time favorite phone (minus typing...i suck with touch screens aha).
    11-04-16 10:13 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy 8 inch tab. The software (bloatware) is awful. It is slow, it locks up, it reboots and it only got much much worse with the latest software "upgrade". I was afraid to get a DTEK50 as the Galaxy tab was my only android device I had experience with. The DTEK50 however is awesome. It's a nice clean version of android. It runs nice and smooth with no lockups or reboots. What I would really really like would be a DTEK 8 inch tab.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    11-04-16 10:45 AM
    I like the S7 better
    11-04-16 12:44 PM
44 12