Spec-wise they're pretty much the same except for water-resistance but how do they compare?
    10-25-16 11:21 AM
    That like saying how does a cruiser compare to a air craft carrier... they are different classes of devices.

TCL usually cuts corners where they can on their products. Doubt they use same quality screens, memory, batteries (might be a good thing) or other minor components. DTEK60 is a good value and price point, but don't expect to get all the top parts and pieces for that much less.
    10-25-16 01:32 PM
    As far as specs go they are pretty much on par excluding screen resolution
    10-25-16 01:37 PM
    I wonder if the DTEK60 is faster than the Samsung S7 Edge with BlackBerry Hub+ apps. Samsung also has the TouchWiz installed. I also am wondering if it will work as well on the T-mobile network as the Samsung?
    10-25-16 09:29 PM
    I wonder if the DTEK60 is faster than the Samsung S7 Edge with BlackBerry Hub+ apps. Samsung also has the TouchWiz installed. I also am wondering if it will work as well on the T-mobile network as the Samsung?
    According to Shop BlackBerry it doesDTEK60 vs Galaxy s7-87409.jpg
    10-25-16 09:37 PM
    it should work on tmobile, but maybe not with wifi calling. that i dont know
    10-25-16 09:50 PM
    I'm really curious about camera quality. I'm on an S7 edge now. I really don't like the phone, but I do like the camera.
    10-25-16 10:20 PM
    S7 edge both camera are the best. But it wasn't enough to keep me from selling the phone. Glad I did. Got good money back and got my dtek60😀😁😎
    Last edited by mikedolo; 10-26-16 at 05:27 PM.
    Gayle Lynn and tonythecanuck like this.
    10-25-16 10:36 PM
    I'm really curious about camera quality. I'm on an S7 edge now. I really don't like the phone, but I do like the camera.
    What was it that you didn't like about it? Always been on the fence on getting an s7
    10-26-16 12:19 PM
    it should work on tmobile, but maybe not with wifi calling. that i dont know
    WiFi calling does work
    10-26-16 05:01 PM
    I dont see it�s a fair comparison...but lets wait for the first reviews...when will the embargo be lifted?

Cheers
    10-26-16 05:26 PM
    What was it that you didn't like about it? Always been on the fence on getting an s7
    I had the S7 Edge and to be honest I liked it a lot. Build, camera and design are probably the best on android right now. Better than the Pixel. I find the pixel's design boring and old, plus no sd card, no wireless charging and waterproof. For the price those features should have been included...

I sold it though.. As I still missed my BlackBerries.. I currently have a Z30 (white), priv and passport se. The passport se is hands down the best blackberry to date. Love love the design/build, great specs too.. Bb10 is superior OS no questions asked. The app gap was somewhat closed with the workaround to install google services, although performance on google apps is obviously not good enough..

Anyway I just ordered the dtek60 let's see how it performs.. I'm torn though.. I just can't have a perfect device.. I miss the efficiency of BB10, the design and quality of the passport se, the fact that I can pay with my Priv (it supports Scotia wallet), also wireless charging which I have on my Priv and had on the s7.. And the fingerprint sensor.. I got used to it rather quickly (unlocking, logging into password keeper, etc).. I think the dtek60 will be a good phone.. Ticking almost all the boxes for a 2016 flagship (minus wireless charging and waterproof)... I know it's not a true blackberry, but that's OK
    10-27-16 12:13 AM
    I had the S7 Edge and to be honest I liked it a lot. Build, camera and design are probably the best on android right now. Better than the Pixel. I find the pixel's design boring and old, plus no sd card, no wireless charging and waterproof. For the price those features should have been included...

I sold it though.. As I still missed my BlackBerries.. I currently have a Z30 (white), priv and passport se. The passport se is hands down the best blackberry to date. Love love the design/build, great specs too.. Bb10 is superior OS no questions asked. The app gap was somewhat closed with the workaround to install google services, although performance on google apps is obviously not good enough..

Anyway I just ordered the dtek60 let's see how it performs.. I'm torn though.. I just can't have a perfect device.. I miss the efficiency of BB10, the design and quality of the passport se, the fact that I can pay with my Priv (it supports Scotia wallet), also wireless charging which I have on my Priv and had on the s7.. And the fingerprint sensor.. I got used to it rather quickly (unlocking, logging into password keeper, etc).. I think the dtek60 will be a good phone.. Ticking almost all the boxes for a 2016 flagship (minus wireless charging and waterproof)... I know it's not a true blackberry, but that's OK
    I agree with a lot of what you say!

I have had the Torch2 9810, the Z30, the Passport SE, and now the Priv.

All are fantastic devices, each in their own right.

Although I have the Android Priv, I still miss the Z30 with OS10, which was a solid dependable OS. I miss the build and solidity if the Z30, the AMOLED display, great speakers, FM radio, great virtual keyboard, HUB, etc. It just worked!!

The Passport SE was fantastic with great rear camera, big bright display, solid aluminum build, pkb, and metal frame. Really good looking too!

The Priv is amazing for its innovative slider KB, big bright display, innovative carbon fibre weave back and aluminum frame, fantastic 18MP camera with Schneider-Kreuznach lens, and Android OS with access to tons of apps.

I do hope the DTEK60 is a step up again for BlackBerry....
    10-31-16 07:28 AM
    S7 edge both camera are the best. But it wasn't enough to keep me from selling the phone. Glad I did. Got good money back and got my dtek60😀😁😎
    OK, welcome back!

Why did you switch back to DTEK60 fro. Galaxy S7 Edge ?
    10-31-16 07:30 AM
    I have the DTEK60 and a Galaxy S7, so I have a little input even though I haven't spent much time with the DTEK60 yet... still using the S7 as my daily driver.

The biggest difference is the camera and the screen. Although the resolution is pretty close, the screen quality on the S7 is just better. Sure, it's a little more pixel dense since it's a smaller display, but it just seems like a little higher quality panel all around.

I haven't messed with the DTEK60 camera yet, but considering what others have mentioned on here and the quality of the S7 camera, I imagine it won't be too close.

I plan to make the DTEK my daily driver sometime in November. Perhaps I'll sell the S7 but I may just hang onto it... I usually just hang on to my old devices, since BB and Windows Phone devices aren't worth much used... put I suppose I could recoup a reasonable amount of the S7 cost by selling it!
    10-31-16 09:15 AM
    Please do a quick camera tests /comparison and update us on here, please. I'll like to see that. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 09:32 AM
    I will take some pictures this evening. They will definitely be low light outdoor shots, so a pretty tough environment! It will be a while, I'm in the office for 10 more hours.
    10-31-16 09:42 AM
    Defintiely camera wise s7 wins out. Id say the DTEK 60 is a class below overall though. The s7 is an A phone. DTEK is B class. Which isnt a bad thing at all, still an amazing device especially for the value. Ill be getting one the second CB starts fufilling orders.
    10-31-16 09:49 AM
    Defintiely camera wise s7 wins out. Id say the DTEK 60 is a class below overall though. The s7 is an A phone. DTEK is B class. Which isnt a bad thing at all, still an amazing device especially for the value. Ill be getting one the second CB starts fufilling orders.
    That is a very fair assessment based on my limited use of the DTEK60 so far. Figure the larger screen size, BB software tweaks, etc. and the price point of US$499 vs. US$649 unlocked for an unlocked S7 with Snapdragon, it's about a wash I'd say. It's good value for money.

Since I work in the auto field, it would be about akin to buying a Saab or Volvo versus a BMW or Mercedes ten years ago. Good value for money, a few quirks, a few trade offs, but you could feel good about the purchase. Too bad Volvos are every bit as expensive as the German and British rivals now and Saab is all gone!
    10-31-16 10:06 AM
    That is a very fair assessment based on my limited use of the DTEK60 so far. Figure the larger screen size, BB software tweaks, etc. and the price point of US$499 vs. US$649 unlocked for an unlocked S7 with Snapdragon, it's about a wash I'd say. It's good value for money.

Since I work in the auto field, it would be about akin to buying a Saab or Volvo versus a BMW or Mercedes ten years ago. Good value for money, a few quirks, a few trade offs, but you could feel good about the purchase. Too bad Volvos are every bit as expensive as the German and British rivals now and Saab is all gone!
    Yea...I missed my 2000 Saab 9-3 Turbo. Good Analogy...
    10-31-16 05:39 PM
    Yea...I missed my 2000 Saab 9-3 Turbo. Good Analogy...
    Haha. I had a 1999 9-3, a 2008 9-3, and a 2011 9-5. I stayed loyal for a pretty long time! Kind of like what we are all doing with BlackBerry I guess...
    10-31-16 05:46 PM
    I always was a fan of Blackberry. But the priv was a real let down for me so i left. Seems like thanks to the priv. Blackberry woke up. Finally put out a smartphone othat can compare to iPhone Samsung and Google. The dtek60.
    10-31-16 07:54 PM
    Haha. I had a 1999 9-3, a 2008 9-3, and a 2011 9-5. I stayed loyal for a pretty long time! Kind of like what we are all doing with BlackBerry I guess...
    Very True...Saab was the best car I have ever owned.. Had it 14 years 400K on motor. I hope Blackberry continue to sale cars 14 plus years. My Priv looked like my Saab. Black ext with grey dashboard.
    10-31-16 08:40 PM
    I think it's not fair to be comparing the S7 with the DTEK60.
    Both the devices are in a different price range.
    Since the S7 is more expensive by quite a fair bit, expect it to be better in some aspects (Camera, screen, Waterproof, etc)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-31-16 10:59 PM
    I have an S7 and it's driving me insane! I came over from a Z10 so in my opinion the apps kill the BB10 but the lack of a BlackBerry keyboard is driving me away. As a self employed general contractor who must answer several emails SMS etc while on site I can't afford to waste my time with 2 thumb keyboard activity and autocorrect. That's what's pushing me back to BlackBerry. Unless they release the keyboard this week I'm walking
    11-01-16 10:42 PM
44 12