With all the talk about KEYone value and comparisons against other phones ..
    How does the Dtek60 stand up to the Vodephone smart platinum
    Basically same phone but the Vodephone is 150 quid cheaper ..
    For me the BlackBerry suite , charging and VKB keyboard is worth the extra
    But wonder which one sells better...

On amazon UK it's defo the Vodephone,
    Reviews from users are good for both phones ...
    Yet I think dtek60 is good value ...it should have sold far better ..
    02-27-17 01:31 PM
    DTEK60 was a great value.... but it's hard to compare it with the K1.

Chen had already announced they were getting out of hardware... so it was kinda clearanced right from the git-go.

That it didn't sell better is a due to the lack of places it could be found, and lack of understanding of what the newest BlackBerry was. Lack of really trying.

Besides how may Vodafone Smart Platinum have been sold?
    02-27-17 02:13 PM
    Think you are right about advertising

Dtek60 was not seen in any stores , the Vodephone was on show in all there stores ..own display area

My little bit of research, ( very basic)

Amazon UK reviews/feedback dtek 8 reviews vodaphone 158 reviews.. Both got 4 stars

To me , dtek looks better and the extras are worth the money..
    02-27-17 02:27 PM
    I've had different BlackBerry phones over the years. So when I decided I wanted to buy the Dtek60 I researched as much as I could. I'm glad I did even though it's made by TCL. The core BlackBerry experience I had when I had the BlackBerry Storm 2 , the Torch 9800 & 9810, and Z10 so I had certain expectations. I am very happy with the specs and the BlackBerry Software so far it's been great so no regrets. I really like the fact that BlackBerry is still innovating and so folks like me that want a BlackBerry smartphone can still get one even if it's made by TCL. As for my hope of getting a BlackBerry OS 10 future device I had to come to terms that when they went with Android they closed the book on that. So I had to move on. But at least I can still get the BlackBerry phone. My advice is get the Dtek 60 it's processor and specs should keep it relevant.
    02-27-17 02:45 PM
    I've had different BlackBerry phones over the years. So when I decided I wanted to buy the Dtek60 I researched as much as I could. I'm glad I did even though it's made by TCL. The core BlackBerry experience I had when I had the BlackBerry Storm 2 , the Torch 9800 & 9810, and Z10 so I had certain expectations. I am very happy with the specs and the BlackBerry Software so far it's been great so no regrets. I really like the fact that BlackBerry is still innovating and so folks like me that want a BlackBerry smartphone can still get one even if it's made by TCL. As for my hope of getting a BlackBerry OS 10 future device I had to come to terms that when they went with Android they closed the book on that. So I had to move on. But at least I can still get the BlackBerry phone. My advice is get the Dtek 60 it's processor and specs should keep it relevant.
    I'm with you. I did alot of research before I bought the Dtek60. The specs are awesome and so far I haven't had any issues with it whatsoever!
    Alriyada likes this.
    02-27-17 02:56 PM
    No disappointments here so far, if there is any it's with some apps but usually BlackBerry is frequently updating theirs to fix issues.
    03-13-17 07:05 PM
    No disappointment here. I'm sure the numbers were extremely limited with respect to units made. If you are considering it I would move sooner than later. Shopblackberry seems to be clearing all their stock since BlackBerry is no longer in the hardware business
    03-13-17 11:17 PM
    Same issues for me. Not much compares to my Passport, but nothing I can do about that. The Droidberries are what we have at this point.

The purchase was finally forced by drop of my Priv that damaged the speaker. The hardware and software are fine, and performance is acceptable. The only complaint I have as stupid as it sounds is that the device is too thin. Always afraid I am going to break it. Got the Incipio DuoPro case and while pricey, gives me at least a false sense of security 😉
    03-14-17 12:23 PM