Upgraded from my faithful leap to my great Dtek60. Only problem is the vkb. Around the letters P, L and the delete button. They become unresponsive as the day wears on. I've done the soft reset and several hard resets / reboot. I've done a bug report but cant send it away. All bug report settings are on but the send button is not high lighted. Uk customer service is so far not helping, they insist I send the bug report before they can help. Any ideas?
    02-14-17 03:54 PM
    Try installing another vkb such as Gboard or Swiftkey and see if the same issue crops up. If it does, there's possibly a hardware issue with the screen in that area; if not then try reinstalling the BlackBerry keyboard and see if the issue persists.
    02-14-17 04:14 PM
    Sounds like hardware issue. Try as he mentioned above. If that fails go ahead and try a wipe and reload to factory. If that fails then it's time to send it in for warranty replacement.
    02-14-17 04:29 PM
    had the same issue, initially started when it was cold then became more common even at room temperature. So I sent it back under warranty
    02-15-17 06:19 AM
    Hi guys. Tried a new vkb, Google. Bit after a few days it was doing the same as the BB kb. So cleared the kb cashe, uninstalled the BB kb and re install but no good. Have done a complete factory reset twice now and the problem persists. I've contacted BB UK customer service and they want a bug report sending first. I'm unable to send the report as the screen is unresponsive. BB say they can't have the phone back without the bug report.

I've sent them a screen shot and currently am waiting for a reply.

Any ideas on how to return to uk BB with out the bug report first?
    02-15-17 09:58 AM
    Hi guys. Tried a new vkb, Google. Bit after a few days it was doing the same as the BB kb. So cleared the kb cashe, uninstalled the BB kb and re install but no good. Have done a complete factory reset twice now and the problem persists. I've contacted BB UK customer service and they want a bug report sending first. I'm unable to send the report as the screen is unresponsive. BB say they can't have the phone back without the bug report.

I've sent them a screen shot and currently am waiting for a reply.

Any ideas on how to return to uk BB with out the bug report first?
    If it's just that one area and you can use the app in landscape, try sending it out that way. It's a pain in the rear but it should get the job done. That, or type what you need elsewhere and copy it into the proper fields.
    02-15-17 10:02 AM
    Hi there. Good news. BB have given up on the bug report idea and just sent me the repairer and return address plus ticket number etc. I've got the leap on charge and will change over tomorrow then post the 60.

Got to say though, its ben a struggle with customer service. They just couldn't understand what i was saying. Then they said i had to pay just for them to diagnose any problems then pay for any repairs. The​ amount of times I mentioned the 12 month warranty before they understood the screen isn't broken just unresponsive.
    02-15-17 01:39 PM
    Habe had the details of the repair centre. Googled it ( on the leap) and it has terrible and I mean terrible reviews. Anyone know of another official BB repaire?

Its SBE ltd in kent any one ha e good info.
    02-16-17 02:11 PM
    Upgraded from my faithful leap to my great Dtek60. Only problem is the vkb. Around the letters P, L and the delete button. They become unresponsive as the day wears on. I've done the soft reset and several hard resets / reboot. I've done a bug report but cant send it away. All bug report settings are on but the send button is not high lighted. Uk customer service is so far not helping, they insist I send the bug report before they can help. Any ideas?
    Same problem. Hardware issue. Defective digitizer. If you are within your return window then just get your money back. Spare yourself the aggravation of dealing with BlackBerry's sub par support team.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 03:00 PM
    Nah, out of my 30 day return. Just the BB 12 month warranty. Have email BB asking about other repair agents.

I await their reply.
    02-17-17 04:40 PM
    Blackberry say they only have the one repair centre in the UK. So have cancelled the repair for time being. Down loaded the google KB and set it at ' tallest' key setting. So far with the biggest keys its all ok. I'll keep an eye on it dor another few weeks before I see what I'm going to do.
    02-19-17 09:15 AM
    Blackberry say they only have the one repair centre in the UK. So have cancelled the repair for time being. Down loaded the google KB and set it at ' tallest' key setting. So far with the biggest keys its all ok. I'll keep an eye on it dor another few weeks before I see what I'm going to do.
    Chances are that they won't actually repair your device. If the digitizer is defective they will probably just send you a refurbished device that has been tested to work.
    02-19-17 05:27 PM
    That's just it. Why should I have a refurb, which i could buy for less than half the price of a new dtek 60 when I've just paid £442 for a new one.

Day three with the ' big' keys and so far so good. Mind OS temp is now around 10C plus. Wonder if this something?
    02-20-17 07:04 AM
    Mine was good for a month when I first got it but then I cracked the screen and sent it in to BlackBerrys repair place here in mississauga, Canada. Since I got it back over a week ago I noticed after a cold day that the screen on right side was unresponsive...or id have to give it like 2-5 taps. It's been driving me nuts so I just did a Factory Reset today and all seems to be well...For Now.

Hopefully it doesn't go back to that way after I bring it out on a really cold day... I'll keep y'all posted
    02-22-17 03:34 PM
    Either way i still love the 60. Compared to my microsoft 8 lumina 650 work phone it's streets ahead.

The google KB and the higher temp seems to have done the trick. The Leap is back in the box in the airing cupboard.
    02-23-17 06:40 AM
    I had and still have the same issue, I made a thread way back too and a few people had it. (initially started when its cold but then occurred at room temperature too). I sent it back for repair under warranty and still have the same issue. Now starting to think that this is just a hardware flaw. It also mentions in the manual that it operates only above 5C.
    02-25-17 11:01 AM
    Ya I did a reset and it was OK for a bit but it just happened again ...other than this screen issue I love the phone.
    02-25-17 11:14 AM
    Is there a way to know for certain if this is attributable to hardware, or could it be my screen protector ( which is tempered glass), or coldness. If it was hardware wouldn't it always be the same? My screen issues revolve around the l key, the back key, and the three dots on top right of the browser page.... That is the worst place, and most frequent unresponsiveness. So I thought it was more likely the protector... and yet that too would not become less responsive.
    02-27-17 11:12 AM
    I thought maybe that was the problem as well. I also have tempered glass and a incipio case on mine. After removing everything I'm certain its the low temperature that causes this screen issue, but now even after sitting unused overnight while I sleep the screen is still bad in morning until I get it warmed up with some use.
    02-27-17 11:20 AM
    I thought maybe that was the problem as well. I also have tempered glass and a incipio case on mine. After removing everything I'm certain its the low temperature that causes this screen issue, but now even after sitting unused overnight while I sleep the screen is still bad in morning until I get it warmed up with some use.
    Mine was exactly the same. Unresponsive in cold weather and after sitting all night.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 09:25 PM