I think the DTEK60 will do just fine, showed my DTEK50 to some of my friends and then showed the video of the DTEK60 and the price and they'll be getting one each.
    brian4591 likes this.
    11-04-16 10:30 PM
    I think the DTEK60 will do just fine, showed my DTEK50 to some of my friends and then showed the video of the DTEK60 and the price and they'll be getting one each.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 million dtek50 and 60s sold in total. The price points are right and probably the best valued phones right now. Considering the Moto z alone hit almost 1 million, which to me is crazy.
    kitmo likes this.
    11-05-16 12:41 AM
    I think Blackberry quarter ends Nov 30th . The last three quarters they have seen steep declines going from 600k to 500k shipped to 400k . The figures for Q3 smartphones shows others at 1.3m mainly Windows and Blackberry but bearing in mind windows were close to a million last quarter Blackberry share my guess would be down to 300k . That's bb10 devices and priv/Dtek
    11-05-16 02:46 AM
    BlackBerry is not others. It's under android now with the new phones, and bb10 under BlackBerry
    11-05-16 03:17 AM
    ..with all these other new smartphones coming on a weekly/monthly basis compared to largely unknown Dtek at least in Europe? I don't know...How many phones must they sell to break even?
    11-05-16 03:25 AM
    The last time BlackBerry was ecstatic about hardware sales was during the launch of the Passport. After that it's all sound of silence.

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky.
    11-05-16 03:26 AM
    Good point amer ! , my guess for dtek60 is 100k
    11-05-16 04:38 AM
    Sales just start in The Netherlands and there are only the main reselers which sell this smartphone. the reaction and reviews and a few webpages are positive and at least 9/10 stars. There is no bad or negative stuff and people seems to like the camera, stock rom and no advertising and speedy device.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 04:43 AM
    My concern with this phone is that we're not seeing enough reviews from top tech sites yet.

A phone like the OnePlus I'd consider a good watermark for BB to strive for with this phone, and never seen any advertising for them. They get their press from tech sites reviewing their devices and that's how word spread.

This is an unlocked, non-carrier phone. Which means that 85-90% of smartphone consumers will never come in contact with the phone to buy it as they only walk aimlessly into their carrier stores and buy a phone every contract cycle based on what a sales rep shows them. They have no clue what it means for a phone to be carrier unlocked.

Advertising my not go a long with this one, but reviews from people like the Verge, MKBHD and others is what is needed. That 10%-15% slice of people who buy in the unlocked market are the savvy buyer who does their tech research. That's where the word needs to spread.
    CranksterBB10 and 00stryder like this.
    11-05-16 06:48 AM
    Depending on the production run which is likely to be super-low. So whatever the minimum production run that TCL would allow is the upper-limit but it would never reach that.

I'll go with maybe 15,000 over its life - I couldn't be bothered to track it in the same way as I did the Priv but I did dip in the UK blackberry store and the sales were superslow - maybe 1 every couple of hours.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 million dtek50 and 60s sold in total. The price points are right and probably the best valued phones right now. Considering the Moto z alone hit almost 1 million, which to me is crazy.

Given Chen pulled the plug and he has the best insight into sales, I'm highly sceptical that Dtek50 has sold anything near 100k. The Moto Z was sold by actual carriers and they spend money on advertising and promotional activities. The Dtek50 and 60 has a webcast with a dude on a chair and three tweets.
    11-05-16 06:59 AM
    My concern with this phone is that we're not seeing enough reviews from top tech sites yet.

A phone like the OnePlus I'd consider a good watermark for BB to strive for with this phone, and never seen any advertising for them. They get their press from tech sites reviewing their devices and that's how word spread.

This is an unlocked, non-carrier phone. Which means that 85-90% of smartphone consumers will never come in contact with the phone to buy it as they only walk aimlessly into their carrier stores and buy a phone every contract cycle based on what a sales rep shows them. They have no clue what it means for a phone to be carrier unlocked.

Advertising my not go a long with this one, but reviews from people like the Verge, MKBHD and others is what is needed. That 10%-15% slice of people who buy in the unlocked market are the savvy buyer who does their tech research. That's where the word needs to spread.
    You hit the nail on the head. BlackBerry needs to send out test devices to people like Marques Brownlee, Unbox Therapy, Jerry Rig everything, Erica Griffin, Flossy Carter, etc etc.. That would probably be the best free advertising BlackBerry can get on the web. The Dtek 60 has awesome specs, great form factor, somewhat stylish and certainly a great flagship. Combined, these techie reviewers have over 10 million subscribers on YouTube. BlackBerry needs to step it up.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 07:28 AM
    You hit the nail on the head. BlackBerry needs to send out test devices to people like Marques Brownlee, Unbox Therapy, Jerry Rig everything, Erica Griffin, Flossy Carter, etc etc.. That would probably be the best free advertising BlackBerry can get on the web. The Dtek 60 has awesome specs, great form factor, somewhat stylish and certainly a great flagship. Combined, these techie reviewers have over 10 million subscribers on YouTube. BlackBerry needs to step it up.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah get what your saying but blackberry can't afford to even do that no point even talking about 60 sales just no point.
    11-05-16 07:46 AM
    I was thinking sales figures for this quarter but BlackBerry definitely needs to advertise more and have more tech people review the device.
    11-05-16 09:41 AM
    -5. Returns.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-05-16 10:04 AM
    For the first time in many years BlackBerry has a line up of phones that can sell to the main stream
    Dtek50 low price for a good basic smart phone
    Dtek60 low price for high end smart phone

The Priv, for the business ,people who need and want a PKB

If marketed right , and stocked and displayed in Phone outlets like EE and Vodephone these phones would sell well especially the Dtek60

Just needs to be sold the right way..

kitmo, 00stryder and Jrox74 like this.
    11-05-16 11:25 AM
    For the first time in many years BlackBerry has a line up of phones that can sell to the main stream
    Dtek50 low price for a good basic smart phone
    Dtek60 low price for high end smart phone

The Priv, for the business ,people who need and want a PKB

If marketed right , and stocked and displayed in Phone outlets like EE and Vodephone these phones would sell well especially the Dtek60

Just needs to be sold the right way..

Sadly so far we didn't see a great marketing effort to support these devices. The only ad on the wall street journal was to tell everyone they're focusing on software, ironically.
    11-05-16 11:30 AM
    less than the priv
    11-05-16 11:35 AM
    -5. Returns.
    Sheesh... and people label me negative.

I think the DTEK60 will be a steady seller and will come top of the list of phones CB'ers buy. So, a few thousand sales in the bag there!

Unfortunately for BlackBerry, nearly everyone else will buy one of the many fine Android phones that they see advertised by the manufacturers... and which are stocked and supported by their network carrier.

It's true that some of those "others" will buy a DTEK60, despite the lack of marketing, because the DTEK60 is very attractively priced... which is very un-BlackBerry behaviour. Either BlackBerry have finally understood the importance of having the "right price" (though sadly too late!), or they are desperate for this phone to sell big (well, as "big" as is possible for a phone without marketing or visibility) before Chen's "end of year" deadline.

25k.
    11-05-16 11:36 AM
    Hehe thats gonna be fun during the earnings call.
    This time....200k hehe

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 11:50 AM
    Alright let's start the prediction and guessing game... if it hasn't started on another thread already
    Less than 10% of Google Pixel XL sales
    11-05-16 12:23 PM
    Basic math for spending on marketing doesn't add up for this phone. You'd have to spend at least $20 million dollars to reach the average consumer with minimal advertising. Some US yearly ad spending comparisons: Samsung $401M, Apple $351M, Nokia $221M, Motorola $189M. That's just US spending.

How many DTEK60's could they hope to sell? 200,000? That means you spent $100 per phone on advertising. 400,000? You spent $50 per phone. Don't forget that you have to build the phones, first. You can't just take orders and deliver the phone 6 weeks later.

What's the ASP for this kind of phone? $250? If you miss your projection by 200,000 phones then you take a $50M write-down.

The solution, of course, is that you do focus groups to predict how consumers will respond to and spend enough on marketing to optimize your risk/return. You don't just build hundreds of thousands of units and buy tens of millions in ads.
    cgk and JeepBB like this.
    11-05-16 12:43 PM
    I would have got one if Bell carried it, went with a Priv instead
    11-05-16 12:43 PM
    Less than 10% of Google Pixel XL sales
    You're not really going out on much of a limb here, lol.
    11-05-16 12:46 PM
    Well going through the dtek60 forums and reading positive reviews from ones that purchased and amount of people that pre-ordered,I think it's a gud start to the sales of a device which is just selling on some online sites without significant carrier support. As for people saying thousand or 227,get a life please,enough with the trolls. It's blackberry n they never ever sold millions on launch days even with their most successful devices.

Keep Calm N Listen To Babbu Maan.
    11-05-16 12:53 PM
    It's blackberry n they never ever sold millions on launch days even with their most successful devices.

Keep Calm N Listen To Babbu Maan.
    They haven't sold millions per quarter FULL-STOP across their entire line since... 2014? The last hit device they had was a BBOS one.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-05-16 01:35 PM
152 1234 ...