Any word on when Rogers would getting the Dtek60. Dont want to shell out 650 since I'm due for an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 07:01 PM
    As previously mentioned in other threads it looks like carriers won't carry the DTEK 60...i just upgraded to Priv from a Passport for free with Bell, and I must say it is awesome!
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-18-16 07:42 PM
    I was hoping for DTEK 60 as well...but totally happy with Priv,
    11-18-16 07:43 PM
    I was just in a Rogers store. They have working demo units of both the Priv and the Dtek50. No one had any idea about the Dtek60. Based in the numerous posts and threads here I doubt it is going to be at any Carrier. Unlocked only from BlackBerry or some resellers such as Crackberry, Staples, etc and some of the corporate distributors.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 08:56 PM
    Which is absolutely absurd since the DTEK60 for it's asking price has better specs and more to offer than any other device currently on the market.
    gokulesh likes this.
    11-19-16 05:03 AM
    It is absurd, How did BlackBerry get the DTEK50 to carriers? The DTEK60 is a flagship which competes with Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy S7/edge and iPhone 7 comparable specs and is offered $300 cheaper. I think people would be buying this up quickly if it was offered through carriers. A lot of people don't want to purchase outright. They want to upgrade and pay less.

I will never understand BlackBerry's marketing strategy and lack thereof of it.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 05:57 AM
    It is absurd, How did BlackBerry get the DTEK50 to carriers? The DTEK60 is a flagship which competes with Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy S7/edge and iPhone 7 comparable specs and is offered $300 cheaper. I think people would be buying this up quickly if it was offered through carriers. A lot of people don't want to purchase outright. They want to upgrade and pay less.

Posted via CB10
    Take into consideration that carriers need to lay out cash to buy the device and they not going to dump cash on something they wont sell, everybody knows blackberry don't sell well and sell about 800 k devices a year, that's disgusting figures , xiaomi and oppo sell that in a couple of months !

When the price does come down I think carriers will start supplying the dtek60.
    11-19-16 06:05 AM
    No carrier deal for the DTEK60. Buy directly from BlackBerry and partners only.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 06:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the carriers don't want a phone just as good as their big selling flagships that sells for $400 less. Not good for business. I'm sure that if one carrier takes it on, they all will.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 08:04 AM
    It's crazy that Canadian carriers won't carry the D60 when they already do the D50...stupid, stupid, stupid!
    11-20-16 06:56 PM
    It's crazy that Canadian carriers won't carry the D60 when they already do the D50...stupid, stupid, stupid!
    Tell me about it. They don't even need to have it on display...just have customers order it on the carrier site or call in. It's easy. All they have to do is stock some in a warehouse where the other new Android phones are.

For ages all I want to do is pay the phone off monthly, but I can't because of the lack of carrier support. If only BlackBerry offered a monthly installment plan.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 07:00 PM
    Is this likely just late to get added or is Rogers never gonna get it? I'm days away from a free upgrade and if they get a 60 it's a no brainer.

Posted via CB10 from my Phdesktop, the (square)  BlackBerry Passport
    11-20-16 07:55 PM
    Good god people just relax - it will come, just as the dtek50 did. Its only been released for 3 weeks now directly from BB and partners..
    Just relax it will come.
    11-20-16 09:11 PM
    No. Don't think it will. Not according to anyone I know that works there. Mind you I dint know Chen or Thurber.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 09:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're wrong - if it was Alcatel offering this exact phone for the price, THEN people would buy it.

Even if BlackBerry sold this phone for $299 it would only confirm in people's mind how low BlackBerry has gotten to release what in their minds, must be a pos phone.

#whatisclassic
    11-21-16 06:33 AM
    I don't understand why Blackberry doesn't advertise these phones. Some people don't think they still make phones. If people seen advertising and the phones were displayed in the carrier stores it might help. smh. I cant buy a phone outright right now. Telus is making me mad because they still want 210 for the Priv and Rogers and Bell have for 0 dollars. Think I will change carriers.
    12-06-16 03:23 PM
    I don't understand it either it's like they don't care whether or not they sell 500 units or 600k. Why spend all that money and effort and continue to lose money? Aren't you in business to make money? How about promoting your product they do have some nice devices. Maybe I should open a BlackBerry popup store DT I'd like to see how make phones I could sell.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 04:42 PM
    As previously mentioned in other threads it looks like carriers won't carry the DTEK 60...i just upgraded to Priv from a Passport for free with Bell, and I must say it is awesome!
    I did the same ; I'm with Bell and have had the Z30, the Passport SE (unlocked), and the PRIV. All great devices. I now have the DTEK60, and it's amazing!
    12-07-16 06:22 AM
    I have a Leap and acontract with Rogers. If I buy a DTEK60 directly from BB, will I be able to just switch the SIM card and SD card over to the DTEK60 and continue the service seamlessly?
    12-08-16 09:52 AM
    It should be fine I just switched the Sim card into my Dtek60 no issues at all.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 10:22 AM
    I have a Leap and acontract with Rogers. If I buy a DTEK60 directly from BB, will I be able to just switch the SIM card and SD card over to the DTEK60 and continue the service seamlessly?

Yes. I had a Z30 and a Z10 before that. I just buy the phones unlocked from BlackBerry and pop in the sim card etc. Not sure what sim card the Leap has but I had to get a Nano SIM card for the Dtek60 as my Z30 wasn't a nano... no big deal just walk into any Rogers store and get them to switch your account to the nano Sim card... (that's if you don't have one already) it cost me $12. You will like the Dtek60 it's great..
    12-08-16 03:27 PM
    I had to go in to Rogers and get two nano sims for these as I'm replacing Z30s. They didn't charge anything although I just went on line and did it myself. It takes about 2 mins to type in the info and it switches instantly. Just log in to your account on Rogers website, pick the line you are switching sims on and you will see an ICON for "switch sim card" type in old SIM number, type in new SIM number and hit enter. Done !!
    12-08-16 06:25 PM
    Maybe I should open a BlackBerry popup store DT I'd like to see how make phones I could sell.
    I wouldn't because I think you'd lose you're shirt - The only people I know that uses a Blackberry now are the ones I managed to brainwash into using one years ago LOL
    12-09-16 12:28 AM
    I have been to rogers to switch or replace sim cards several times and it was always free !
    What I will say about switching from passport to dtek60 is that:
    I no longer have visual voicemail! Rogers doesn't support it for android, they now have a premium voicemail to text service that I dont want to pay extra for!

And I no longer have DLNA out of the box! I really can't seem to find an android app that mimics what DLNA is on BB10 ! Does anyone know one?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 08:19 AM