Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
Like Tree4Likes
  1. seletok's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default DTEK60 random reboot at night

    Hello,

    Anyone have experience with random reboot the phone at night time? The phone is at charge (original charger) and in pocket pouch case.
    I verified the restart time on Settings-About Phone-Status-Up time. The up time is 4 hour at morning, and previous day was 156 hours.
    I have restarts for many times (at night, not when I use the phone). When the phone restarts I not been able to stop the alarm with the case on (to swipe to the right or left on the smart case).

    Is this an android problem?

    Thank you.
  2. LoveMyLBZ's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    63 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Do you have system updates set to automatic? Could that be the culprit?
  3. seletok's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLBZ View Post
    Do you have system updates set to automatic? Could that be the culprit?
    It is possible, because the system update last check time (Settings-About phone-System update, but only check, not updated...)) + the Up time is exact the current time.
    But I don't find the possibility to set system update only manually. Where set this?
    Last edited by seletok; 12-22-16 at 01:03 AM.
  4. seletok's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seletok View Post
    It is possible, because the system update last check time (Settings-About phone-System update, but only check, not updated...)) + the Up time is exact the current time.
    But I don't find the possibility to set system update only manually. Where set this?
    It is not because system update check.
    But the Hub I always keep running, minimized. Is it possible for this things cause the restart?
  5. ptaylor10's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    31 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seletok View Post
    Hello,

    Anyone have experience with random reboot the phone at night time? The phone is at charge (original charger) and in pocket pouch case.
    I verified the restart time on Settings-About Phone-Status-Up time. The up time is 4 hour at morning, and previous day was 156 hours.
    I have restarts for many times (at night, not when I use the phone). When the phone restarts I not been able to stop the alarm with the case on (to swipe to the right or left on the smart case).

    Is this an android problem?

    Thank you.
    I believe I have experienced this a few times as well. Also while charging over night. The next morning I see that it has rebooted. Maybe happened twice to me twice. I am also interested in any thoughts regarding the cause.
  6. LoveMyLBZ's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    63 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Yeah, probably not the system updates. I'm new to Android, do any app updates require reboot, and could they force it? I have it notify me of app updates, and I do them when I'm at home on wifi, not automatically.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1482877788977.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	414915
  7. Cynthia Perez1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #7  

    Default BB DTEK60 restarts during the night

    I've been using a BB DTEK60 for about 5 months (this is my 6th BB cell phone) and twice now I've missed alarms set to go off in the morning because the cell phone restarts "automatically and ramdomly" and because I've setup the need to enter a password in order for Adroid to restart (security setting), the phone stays on a black screen waiting for the password to be entered thus I miss the alarms because the cell never boots up until I wake up to find the phone in this "in between" stage. Normally I leave my cell plugged in overnight.

    This is an issue with the Adroid OS, the clock/alarm, and the password requirement setting. Note that my cell isn't set to updated the "system" automatically and don't even think there is a way of setting this up, the "Apps" are not set to update automatically either although they aren't related. A system update is NOT the same as an App update for clarity purpose. The apps on my cell don't update automatically and still, I'm having issues with the alarm not working because the cell phone rebooted overnight.

    I called BB support and I was asked to do a hard reset (Restart methods for BlackBerry powered by Android smartphones), and then clear the data and cache by going the the Clock app. After, I was asked to set new alarms and test the phone. I've done that and so far the alarms are working as expected. Does anyone have experienced this and have found a fix for it? BB support told me that the next step will be a factory reset which I refuse to do at this time...too drastic!

    Thanks.
    liquidneon likes this.
  8. tickerguy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,133 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I have NEVER had my phone automatically restart at night. App updates do NOT require this, ever.

    System updates will, but system updates are typically a once-a-month thing, and they won't apply without permission.
  9. Mr Spoon's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    58 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    My Wifes phone has done this twice. Mine on the other hand has not. Both are Launch devices.

    No clue as to why yet.
  10. grneyez's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Mine has rebooted several times in the past week of ownership. This causes me to miss alarms, not very reliable. I have reset to factory defaults twice with no change.

    At this point with this issue and the cameras poor performance (in my opinion) im returning the DETEK60 and going back to my S7 Edge. Really wanted this phone to work out for me. Good luck to those having issues.
  11. LuvULongTime's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,567 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,568 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    For everyone having this reboot issue does it happen both when the phone is plugged in to charge overnight and when it is not plugged in? Not that this should make a difference but just curious to see if there is any difference between the two scenarios.

    Posted via CB10
    liquidneon likes this.
  12. seletok's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvULongTime View Post
    For everyone having this reboot issue does it happen both when the phone is plugged in to charge overnight and when it is not plugged in? Not that this should make a difference but just curious to see if there is any difference between the two scenarios.

    Posted via CB10
    For me when it was plugged in.
  13. mastahp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Happened to me a couple times but sporadic. But it's always overnight while it's plugged in to charge.
  14. mastahp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvULongTime View Post
    For everyone having this reboot issue does it happen both when the phone is plugged in to charge overnight and when it is not plugged in? Not that this should make a difference but just curious to see if there is any difference between the two scenarios.

    Posted via CB10
    Overnight with the phone plugged in
  15. mastahp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Perez1 View Post
    I've been using a BB DTEK60 for about 5 months (this is my 6th BB cell phone) and twice now I've missed alarms set to go off in the morning because the cell phone restarts "automatically and ramdomly" and because I've setup the need to enter a password in order for Adroid to restart (security setting), the phone stays on a black screen waiting for the password to be entered thus I miss the alarms because the cell never boots up until I wake up to find the phone in this "in between" stage. Normally I leave my cell plugged in overnight.

    This is an issue with the Adroid OS, the clock/alarm, and the password requirement setting. Note that my cell isn't set to updated the "system" automatically and don't even think there is a way of setting this up, the "Apps" are not set to update automatically either although they aren't related. A system update is NOT the same as an App update for clarity purpose. The apps on my cell don't update automatically and still, I'm having issues with the alarm not working because the cell phone rebooted overnight.

    I called BB support and I was asked to do a hard reset (Restart methods for BlackBerry powered by Android smartphones), and then clear the data and cache by going the the Clock app. After, I was asked to set new alarms and test the phone. I've done that and so far the alarms are working as expected. Does anyone have experienced this and have found a fix for it? BB support told me that the next step will be a factory reset which I refuse to do at this time...too drastic!

    Thanks.
    Exact same thing with me too, missed a couple of alarms because I had set a password before booting into the phone. Was blackberry aware of this issue or were they surprised when contacted them?
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
  16. LoveMyLBZ's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    63 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastahp View Post
    Exact same thing with me too, missed a couple of alarms because I had set a password before booting into the phone. Was blackberry aware of this issue or were they surprised when contacted them?
    I'd like to know this too, and also, if everyone having issues brings it up to BlackBerry, they are more apt to fix it.
  17. smittyj77's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    106 Posts
    PIN
    598322CD
    #17  

    Default

    Mine also does this randomly when plugged in at night, so when I wake up in the morning it is at the password screen to enter my code to start android
  18. LuvULongTime's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,567 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,568 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    For the brief time I had my DTEK60 I found battery drain to be minimal over night (maybe 5% avg). With that said I personally found no need to keep the device plugged in all night. I used to plug it after waking up. By the time I was ready to leave for the day the phone was back to 100% charge.

    Folks experiencing these random reboots may want to consider leaving theirs unplugged overnight as a workaround.
  19. poy00ch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #19  

    Angry same issue here

    Hello folks

    same issue here. It seems to happen as well while charging over night. This is quite an issue for my company as we all have 24h on phone call duty shifts. With this silly reboot, no alarm, no phone call, no nothing! This is really a silly situation.

    OS updates can't be deactivate, neither set to a specific time of the day.

    I really hope BlackBerry is working hard on this issue and will find quickly a workaround otherwise...

    I'll try for a few days/week the suggested workaround (not charging at night).

    Keep posted.
    poy
  20. Blackwidowman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    173 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    I don't think it's an OS update issue, the phone let's you know when there's a new update, then you have to download it, after its downloaded it ask if you want to install it, so it doesn't install automatically.
  21. poy00ch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Ok, so it looks like a reboot cause because of an issue? stuck app?

    Does anyone of you have an idea on how to track this? Any log available somewhere on the device?
    Cheers
    poy
  22. Renwick's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poy00ch View Post
    Ok, so it looks like a reboot cause because of an issue? stuck app?

    Does anyone of you have an idea on how to track this? Any log available somewhere on the device?
    Cheers
    poy
    I don't think it's caused by a software component. I'd try changing both the cable and the charger to see if there's any change in behaviour.
  23. evodevo69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,739 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Apparently the idol 4 and 4s has the same problems

    #whatisclassic
  24. BigFlyingDragon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    My dtek 60 reboots randomly about once a week, not aways at night.
  25. tickerguy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,133 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    I have never had my DTEK60 take an unsolicited reboot.

    It has not happened even once and I've owned it since launch.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T Passport unlocking help
    By BoldWorld in forum BlackBerry Passport
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Today, 06:51 AM
  2. AT&T Software Update Screen Grayed Out
    By Bob80220 in forum BlackBerry Priv
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-03-17, 09:54 PM
  3. Nasty bug AT&T branded Privs
    By N9Swipe in forum BlackBerry Priv
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-23-16, 07:32 AM
  4. early renditions of the TCL 950/ BlackBerry dtek60
    By Cool Niceman in forum BlackBerry DTEK60
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-16, 07:49 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-16, 04:44 PM

Posting Permissions