Here's something I picked up. You may have read it somewhere too... I started this topic cos I'm interested in knowing the real values of QC3 and which ones BlackBerry offers with the device. If QC3 will charge in 20mins, then there's no point waiting 55mins....lol. I'm just for clarification so I don't get short-changed. If what they've provided is QC2 and the device could go a step further, then it'd be great to get the accessories to aid that.
    Attachment 411617

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Good to know and what to look out for. Hopefully we'll see OEM BlackBerry ones soon.
    11-07-16 03:21 PM
    So just want to confirm, is the charger that comes with the DTEK60 in the box a QC 3.0 compliant charger?
    11-08-16 04:08 PM
    Neither, according to the print on the charger it's a 5-9v no watt mention. The qc from the bundle is a 5-9 and 12v no watt mention. My other brand qc 2.0 is a 5, 9 and 12v with 18w. A qc 3.0 would have a 3.5 to 20v dynamic 18w.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-08-16 05:21 PM
    Neither, according to the print on the charger it's a 5-9v no watt mention. The qc from the bundle is a 5-9 and 12v no watt mention. My other brand qc 2.0 is a 5, 9 and 12v with 18w. A qc 3.0 would have a 3.5 to 20v dynamic 18w.
    Interesting. Strange that they would sell a QC 3.0 phone without providing QC 3.0 charger. In any event, I find the stock charger to charge very quickly which is why I was asking. I can go from about 20% up to100% in less than an hour. Probably less than 45 minutes but I'd need to watch it more closely.
    11-08-16 06:56 PM
    Yes I think QC 2.0 is more than adequate. And a 15 minute quick charge is already more then enough, I think about +50% or so.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-08-16 06:59 PM
    At first I had sort of discarded the charger that came with the phone and was only using the BlackBerry branded one, the QC2.0 in the bundle.. But then I used the original charger (not branded) and I noticed on the screen I get a message saying the device is 'charging rapidly', I tried a regular charger (which I know is not QC for sure) and that message changed to just 'charging'.. So we can confirm the phone actually ships with a QC enabled charger, regardless of the BlackBerry one in the bundle.. I guess both are 'just' QC 2.0 and not QC 3.0 though..

Not that I need one, but I've ordered a 3.0 from amazon anyways..
    11-08-16 09:50 PM
    At first I had sort of discarded the charger that came with the phone and was only using the BlackBerry branded one, the QC2.0 in the bundle.. But then I used the original charger (not branded) and I noticed on the screen I get a message saying the device is 'charging rapidly', I tried a regular charger (which I know is not QC for sure) and that message changed to just 'charging'.. So we can confirm the phone actually ships with a QC enabled charger, regardless of the BlackBerry one in the bundle.. I guess both are 'just' QC 2.0 and not QC 3.0 though..

Not that I need one, but I've ordered a 3.0 from amazon anyways..
    When you used the BlackBerry charger in the bundle did it also say "charging rapidly?"
    11-08-16 09:59 PM
    When you used the BlackBerry charger in the bundle did it also say "charging rapidly?"
    I just checked, and both chargers ( bundle and the one that came in the same box with the phone) show the same message and time to fully charged..
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Quick charge, USB Type C, Cables and chargers???-20694.jpg  
    11-09-16 09:23 PM
    I just checked, and both chargers show the same message and time to fully charged..
    Message with regular charger..
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Quick charge, USB Type C, Cables and chargers???-20695.jpg  
    11-09-16 09:24 PM
    The video is mainly about USB type c cable. You can have a view.
    02-20-17 02:00 AM
    Thanks. Good to know and what to look out for. Hopefully we'll see OEM BlackBerry ones soon.
    I seriously don't think that will happen, as many have said "the Dtek60 is NOT a BlackBerry" just a weak logo on the back, the Dtek50 and the Mercury is not a BlackBerry either. The Priv was the last of the last from my understanding. I love the 60's we have, just can't /won't own a phone that has very few options for accessories / support , and the ones that are out there are far from quality.

Waiting for the S8 to drop in March, after that I will say goodbye to BlackBerry for good, after 11 phones and 12 years of later. Not counting the 26 BlackBerry devices my employees have carried last six years.
    02-23-17 11:58 AM
    Never
    02-23-17 12:00 PM
    Since the DTEK60 has USB type C port, you need at least one end of the cable to be USB Type C. On the other end I think you can either have the legacy type A connection or the new type C connection. Not all cables are designed equally. Some engineer at Google started reviewing cables on Amazon to let people know which cables are good, within spec, and which ones are bad, and possibly damage your phone. You can read more here, there's a link to a spreadsheet documenting that engineer's work rating cables: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/ho...-type-c-cables

As for the charger, that is what I believe determines how fast the DTEK60 will charge. Since the DTEK60 is capable of USB Quick Charge (QC) 3.0, you can charge up to 4x faster than a normal charger if you buy a charger with QC 3.0. Any phone capable of QC 3.0 should also work with chargers that have QC 2.0 and 1.0, backward compatible https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...n/quick-charge some more reading for QC 3.0 http://www.androidauthority.com/quic...lained-643053/ bottom line, if you want the fastest charging, get a charger labeled USB QC 3.0 compatible. If you don't need to charge more quickly, you can just get any charger as you would for phones without QC 3.0.
    Thanks for the info.
    02-24-17 05:14 PM
    Can confirm the charger in the box and the cable it comes with are the fastest charging I've seen in my life. Juuust over an hour from dead 0% to 100. I don't plug my phone in before I go to sleep anymore. I just plug it in in the morning when I get up.
    02-25-17 07:21 PM
    The charger that comes with the phone only takes 55 minutes to charge from 15% to 100% so you really don't need to buy anything, as that's pretty fast as is...
    I lost mine!! BB doesn't sell them separately, and I'm struggling to find a good one.
    03-25-17 01:49 PM
40 12