Thanks for the reply! but for the quick setting, i dont see the pencil or whatever to edit anywhere, any idea?
    I don't see it either on my DTEK60. So odd they would miss this for the 60.
    There seems to be a few things that are a few months behind in the OS compared to the 50.
    11-01-16 04:06 PM
    There seems to be a few things that are a few months behind in the OS compared to the 50.
    You can still do it the normal way. System / System UI Tuner.
    11-01-16 04:11 PM
    I couldn't find it in the DTEK60 documentation, but here it is on my DTEK50:
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 questions?-quicksettings-pencil.jpg  
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 11-02-16 at 03:13 PM.
    11-01-16 04:40 PM
    I was putting the soft shell on my Dtek60 and I must have done something that made the lock screen show with a solid black background and all notifications in black and white. It was pretty cool and there was no magnets around. How do I do that?

Also wondering if there could be a way to have a shortcut to recently used apps so I can assign it to swipe up and possibly a shortcut to the back button so I can swipe to go back. Currently using the launcher on swipe up app but would think it might be cool to assign the bottom 3 software buttons to these swipes ?
    11-02-16 12:38 PM
    YES PLEASE! The quality of the DTEK60 cameras is critical to my decision whether to upgrade from the Priv. The 18MP camera on the Priv is great, but the 2MP Selfie camera is poor. How do the DTEK60 cameras compare to other BlackBerry models, as well as to the S7, the iPhone7, and the HTC 10?
    If camera is important, I would go with a known winner Apple. Especially now that they are supposedly better at low light. It is like buying a canon versus a Nikon.

Canon are overall better without any processing. Nikon need post processing but is better.
    11-03-16 06:01 PM
    If camera is important, I would go with a known winner Apple. Especially now that they are supposedly better at low light. It is like buying a canon versus a Nikon.

Canon are overall better without any processing. Nikon need post processing but is better.
    Apple winner? Of what? All the comparisons on the internet in the past few months including blind ones concluded that Samsung and LG have better cameras. Pixel would now probably be on or close to the top.
    11-04-16 03:34 AM
    Enjoying my DTEK60, there is one annoyance though. There is a a few seconds delay between waking up the phone and the time when notification icons appear in the notification bar. This is not something I have experienced with any Android devise before.

So I see the LED blinking, wake up the phone, take a quick look at the notification bar... and there is nothing there. But after 2-3 seconds the notification icon appears there. As it stands now, after waking up the phone I have to stare at the notification bar waiting if anything going to popup there. VERY annoying and kind of goes against the productivity focus of BB.

If there is a way to tweak it I would appreciate the help. If there is none it really needs to be fixed.

Thanks

BTW, it would be nice to hear from BB about AptX support. Having it implemented would make DTEK60 a complete package in my opinion.
    11-06-16 10:14 AM
    Hello all,

With the official release and Bla1Ze review out, I noticed a few folks had some questions in the comments. Now that i can provide "official" answers.
    How is scrolling? For instance Instagram always seems to be inconsistent on Android, how is it on the DTEK?
    11-06-16 10:18 AM
    Enjoying my DTEK60, there is one annoyance though. There is a a few seconds delay between waking up the phone and the time when notification icons appear in the notification bar. This is not something I have experienced with any Android devise before.

So I see the LED blinking, wake up the phone, take a quick look at the notification bar... and there is nothing there. But after 2-3 seconds the notification icon appears there. As it stands now, after waking up the phone I have to stare at the notification bar waiting if anything going to popup there. VERY annoying and kind of goes against the productivity focus of BB.

If there is a way to tweak it I would appreciate the help. If there is none it really needs to be fixed.

Thanks

BTW, it would be nice to hear from BB about AptX support. Having it implemented would make DTEK60 a complete package in my opinion.
    Agreed. Same thing happens on Priv, for the first couple of seconds my carrier's name is displayed top left which is absolutely completely utterly idiotic. FFS, I know the name of my carrier, what in god's name is the use of that?

I'd also like to know about aptX. There was some talk that it is coming to Priv too, but no timeframe. Definitely a shame as I'd like to have a BT headset.

How is scrolling? For instance Instagram always seems to be inconsistent on Android, how is it on the DTEK?
    Scrolling through Instagram is actually quite a bit more "fluid" on my Priv then on my wife's iPhone 6, so I doubt that it's not good on DTEK60.
    11-06-16 12:26 PM
    Yes I've noticed a lag when scrolling on Instagram and navigating around the phone in general. That's actually what brought me here today is to see if anyone else is experiencing sluggish performance. Lots I like about this phone but coming from an S7 Edge running BlackBerry apps, I'm having a few second guessing moments of picking this up.

11-06-16 01:11 PM
    Yes I've noticed a lag when scrolling on Instagram and navigating around the phone in general. That's actually what brought me here today is to see if anyone else is experiencing sluggish performance. Lots I like about this phone but coming from an S7 Edge running BlackBerry apps, I'm having a few second guessing moments of picking this up.
    Interesting. My Note 3 scrolls Instagram iPhone smooth. My Note 5 is erratic and hard to control on Instagram. MY iPhone 6s just works. I'm concerned on the DTEK because so many Android phones don't control scrolling very well.
    11-06-16 01:27 PM
    Your kidding, I just ordered this. Unbelievable.
    11-06-16 01:32 PM
    Your kidding, I just ordered this. Unbelievable.
    Mine comes Tues.
    11-06-16 01:39 PM

Known winner?

Apple is certainly one but not the only one and certainly not the top dog.

#whatisclassic
    11-06-16 01:42 PM
    Known winner?

Apple is certainly one but not the only one and certainly not the top dog.

#whatisclassic
    It's iPhone Plus or S7 and now maybe LG V20 for top dogs.
    11-06-16 01:49 PM
    This is what I'm hoping will be fixed in the next/future update:
    • Lag when scrolling or navigating
    • Convenience Key - Lock screen. Should be able to press again to unlock
    • Notification volume. Volume is too low
    • Camera improvement

With that being said, love the quality of the speakers, screen is nice and bright and big although the size of the bezels are a bit much and the lack of rbg led is annoying.
    11-06-16 06:14 PM
    The Convenience Key should work even when the screen is locked. Just like the BB10 app doo. This allows you to mute, to turn on flashlight, to turn on recorder, etc. without unlocking the screen. As of now, the Convenience Key isn't convenient at all.
    nathan62969 likes this.
    11-07-16 07:53 AM
    Hello everyone,

Where I can buy (online) BlackBerry Dtek60's Digitizer or (touch screen)?

Please help me!
    01-04-17 01:45 AM
    Hi.
    My Bb dtek60 was stolen but with my good luck i found my phone with the help of police. When i got my phone it was completely wiped. When i turned it on it redirected me to bootloader menu everytime and get stuck in there. I knew it was because of the software so i found the software from blackberry forums and reloaded the software(AAJ051)as per instructions. It took some time and stating "device reported maximum download size" but the software was reloaded successfully and took me to the initial setup page. But when i went to the wifi page the skip button was grayed out. Couldn't skip that page. I reloaded the latest march 2017 update(AAJ934) too but i having the same problem . So if you could help me out in this issue of mine I will be very grateful.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Lucirus; 03-28-17 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Minor mistakes
    03-28-17 08:31 PM
    You need some kind of connection. If you have no SIM then you must connect to WIFI. This happens when you have neither.
    03-28-17 08:36 PM
    You need some kind of connection. If you have no SIM then you must connect to WIFI. This happens when you have neither.
    First i tried with connecting to wifi... It says checking connection and gets stuck there and takes forever...while my other devices are connected to the same wifi and works fine...then i tried with sim too but same as above....it takes forever to chevk connection... Do i need to downgrade the OS? Currently the software is 6.0
    Last edited by Lucirus; 03-28-17 at 10:45 PM.
    03-28-17 10:34 PM
    Sounds like perhaps you have the wrong one for your device? A this point you, you need to verify the model and type of your device, get the autoloader again and try again. I can't recall if there is different variant of Dtek60. I know there is a few for Dtek50.

If you have fastboot installed. do a 'fastboot oem info' and capture that info.
    03-29-17 12:07 PM
    Sounds like perhaps you have the wrong one for your device? A this point you, you need to verify the model and type of your device, get the autoloader again and try again. I can't recall if there is different variant of Dtek60. I know there is a few for Dtek50.

If you have fastboot installed. do a 'fastboot oem info' and capture that info.
    My friend has exactly the same phone. I have attached the screenshot of his device info.
    I found the autoloader from here : Reload BlackBerry powered by Android smartphone - Canada
    My phone was bought from amazon.com. It's an unlocked version.
    And for the fastboot oem info can you help with the process?
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 questions?-screenshot_20170330-110157.jpg   DTEK60 questions?-screenshot_20170330-110152.jpg  
    Last edited by Lucirus; 03-31-17 at 07:47 PM.
    03-29-17 10:08 PM
    This beasts same size with iPhone 6 plus. I found its not slippery as some reviews because of its glass backs. First bought it had issues with battery life and heating (seriously) . Since updated phone software, problem solved (no heat at all since, and battery use about 4% when leaves overnight about 8 hours). Much greater performance compare to my Z30, and we also missing out Compass, Calculator, Message, File Manager, clock, Map, Pictures, Music Player and some others which I don't use it. Instead they provided with Google apps or we can search in Google play for our own need. BTW, there isn't quick charge or Qi available. I missed BB10 os but with Android things linked up very conveniently. 8/10 so far.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 05:50 PM
    Where did you buy your DTEK60? Check with them for recommendations where to buy Digitizer screen for your location. If not available try Clove Technology In UK. Here in Australia at BBstore also have it. Do not buy on ebay for something like this with electronic involved or you will regret like me ( I learnt it now tried saving some bucks ended costed more..) good luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 06:03 PM
251 ... 891011