I'm coming from a BlackBerry Z10 then Z30.. My wife has a Q5... anyway I'm liking this phone so much that I'm trying to do some free advertising for these BlackBerry guys since they don't know how too... haha... So over in the google play store if I get an App I like I'll give them a good star rating and a small review. And in the subject title I'll put 'Phone BlackBerry Dtek60' and in the review I'll say something about installing their app on my fantastic new phone and talk a wee bit about the app... (depends how good the app is of course) so BlackBerry don't think I didn't go above and beyond for you people... I want you to stick around for a long time... here are a few good apps I found so far thanks to some tips from others... 'VLC' for playing videos or music etc. (It's free) I bought 'Clipper+' (clipboard app) and 'iSyncr' for getting my multiple GB's of music from iTunes on my computer to my phone... 'BeWeather Pro' for weather... well there's a few for now. Don't forget bb10 people it's double tap the screen to wakeup, Not swipe up... Take care...
    fanBBRY likes this.
    10-29-16 08:12 AM
    How do you compare with Z30? (Feels on your hand, speed, battery life, screen, etc. ). I used Z30 almost 3 years now, and it still a great phone. I never tried BlackBerry Android phone.
    So, since you previously had Z30 maybe you know better the difference.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 08:41 AM
    So good to hear! I hope to be scooping one up soon as well (:
    10-29-16 08:44 AM
    How do you compare with Z30? (Feels on your hand, speed, battery life, screen, etc. ). I used Z30 almost 3 years now, and it still a great phone. I never tried BlackBerry Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    Feel in my hand is fine but I have big hands, I'm 6'4. If you have small hands it might feel to big, I put on the free plastic case that came with it.. (It's cheap, will get a better one in time) Screen is great, battery life is better then my Z30. Sound is very good, I'd say close to Z30 sound. The black Z30 was a great looking phone to keep naked this phone is better to keep in a case... but beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
    10-29-16 08:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well, I had the BlackBerry Torch2 9810, the Z30, the Passport SE, and the Priv. They are all fantastic devices, each very different.

Z30 : I still love OS10, and I miss the Z30 for its design and solidity. It had a great AMOLED display, great BlackBerry HUB and virtual keyboard, amazing speakers, multiple ports, etc. Great Paratek anntenna, and never dropped a call. FM radio included. I loved the virtual multilingual keyboard with multilingual predictive text; really quick and accurate! Friends with iPhone and Nexus were impressed with sound and display when I played a video.

Passport SE: Great device with large LCD display, great rear camera, and solid keyboard. Metal frame with gorgeous look. A bit large for small hands.

Priv: The Priv is awesome; big bright gorilla glass display, slider keyboard, fantastic 18MP camera with Schneider-Kreuznach lens, and Android OS with access to tons of apps. The Priv retains the BlackBerry HUB, physical keyboard, and adds DTEK security.

Both the Z30 and the Priv are excellent in their own right. The Z30 0S10 is a solid performer. The OS10 has the typical BlackBerry "swipe" functions which I found great. The BlackBerry apps are great and never crash. The Z30 has a solid build, the AMOLED screen is bright and low drain. The big battery is long lasting. The speakers are amazing.

The Priv is different . Beautiful design with aerospace materials including carbon fibre weave back on an aluminium frame. Slider keyboard is solid. Rear camera is fantastic, front cam�ra mediocre like all BlackBerry models. Speakers good but not great. Android Environment means access to tons of apps.

Differences: on Priv have to get used to tapping apps to open instead of swipe. Priv retains the BlackBerry HUB, virtual keyboard and DTEK security. Virtual Android keyboard on Priv not as good as Z30 in terms of multilingual predictive text since it is in an Android Environment. Priv has larger brighter display than Z30. Priv 18MP rear camera is far superior to Z30. Priv number of apps is far greater than Z30, so Priv offers much better access to social media.

Does this help?
    Last edited by tonythecanuck; 10-29-16 at 09:19 AM.
    10-29-16 09:07 AM