You guys can't deny the dtek looks slick as hell.

Just a few things I want to clear up,

Is this phone really 7 mm thin ? If so itl be the thinnest blackberry I have used in my life,

It also looks like it had a full glass body? I think that's awesome as well!

Loving the hardware and everything about it .

Will decide which to pick up after I see the Mercury as I'm still a pkb boy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-13-16 02:09 AM
    You guys can't deny the dtek looks slick as hell.

Just a few things I want to clear up,

Is this phone really 7 mm thin ? If so itl be the thinnest blackberry I have used in my life,

It also looks like it had a full glass body? I think that's awesome as well!

Loving the hardware and everything about it .

Will decide which to pick up after I see the Mercury as I'm still a pkb boy.

It sure does look sexy
    Yes it will have a glass body which while look sexy, also means you will have to carry the phone in a case mostly

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-13-16 02:13 AM
    TCL did a great job on the design but I still prefer blackberry design like classic, passport, q10, z30, z10.
    Q10Bold and kjtaylor1 like this.
    10-13-16 02:15 AM
    Credit goes to TCL

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    10-13-16 02:56 AM
    Lol , cmon, think about it this way, had this device been named Samsung with that design the press would have been all over it ,

I'm starting to warm up to tcl.

The dtek50 isn't ugly as well.

Blackberry are in my opinion still a premium brand so they still have design standards,

Price seems to be right as well . 499 isn't expensive, if you going to compare it to one plus and xiaomi please note those devices aren't ever updated and you sit with that software until Kingdom come ,

In 6 month's itl be 399 and a bargain .

Few problems I can see is that it won't ship with a quick charger, not wireless charging, poor battery life size and weak built quality as glass cracks very easily.

Bay 13 likes this.
    10-13-16 04:32 AM
    Agree

10-13-16 09:20 AM
    Agree. Great looking phone

10-13-16 09:25 AM
    Lol , cmon, think about it this way, had this device been named Samsung with that design the press would have been all over it ,

I'm starting to warm up to tcl.

The dtek50 isn't ugly as well.

Blackberry are in my opinion still a premium brand so they still have design standards,

Price seems to be right as well . 499 isn't expensive, if you going to compare it to one plus and xiaomi please note those devices aren't ever updated and you sit with that software until Kingdom come ,

In 6 month's itl be 399 and a bargain .

Few problems I can see is that it won't ship with a quick charger, not wireless charging, poor battery life size and weak built quality as glass cracks very easily.

I don't think it's going to be 399 in 6 months
    Since they aren't piling up inventory they don't need to wrote down any

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-13-16 10:05 AM
    I don't get the obsession over getting thinner and thinner. Do people really prefer it to be thinner than, let's say, have a slightly bigger battery? I mean would that one or two millimeters really make enough of a difference in your everyday use to justify losing maybe a few hours of battery life? Are we trying to slide phones under doors or what? I'm having a hard time understanding what the draw is...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    falbo, aecgda, iixclusive and 6 others like this.
    10-13-16 10:38 AM
    I'm not impressed with phone thinness. Give me a bigger battery any day of the week. I would also probably use a skin over the glass back since it will be a fingerprint magnet not to mention slippery and I do not trust the glass back although it is pretty to look at. I would prefer the grip back of the dtek50.
    howarmat and Centerman66 like this.
    10-13-16 10:45 AM
    Problem is if the phone is another 1.5 mm thicker then you add a case it gets too thick in my mind. The pixel xl with a case will be thicker than I would want. Maybe at 7.5mm would be fine before case to add a bit of battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 11:27 AM
    honestly i would have like a non glass back and 3500 mah battery over the thinness. the "bend" test on this thing will be ugly
    10-13-16 11:41 AM
    Yeah I think the rubber backing and a much larger battery would have been the better option for most of your typical BlackBerry users.

But this was TCL attempt to copy Samsung and their higher end phones, with an all glass look and feel. It does scream premium.
    KKrusher and kjtaylor1 like this.
    10-13-16 11:51 AM
    rubber backing adds as much thickness as glass. with the dtek50 when i am holding it, i barely touch the back at all. the rubber around the edges does more than the back. Wait and see with the battery. the dtek50's is fine after it's optimized and the screen is only .3 bigger, uses a more efficient processor as well as the batter is 400mah more capacity (which is a big difference)
    10-13-16 11:57 AM
    rubber backing adds as much thickness as glass. with the dtek50 when i am holding it, i barely touch the back at all. the rubber around the edges does more than the back. Wait and see with the battery. the dtek50's is fine after it's optimized and the screen is only .3 bigger, uses a more efficient processor as well as the batter is 400mah more capacity (which is a big difference)
    The resolution is jacked up though as well which surely will use more energy. 3000mah is the sweet spot for battery size amongst androids with 5.5 screens I dont deny that and it should get through a day with 4 hours of screen time without issue BUT i think many would love to get 6-7 hours easy.
    10-13-16 12:13 PM
    Problem is if the phone is another 1.5 mm thicker then you add a case it gets too thick in my mind. The pixel xl with a case will be thicker than I would want. Maybe at 7.5mm would be fine before case to add a bit of battery.

Posted via CB10
    Very true! you need to keep the phone think so that when you put a case on it, it doesn't become so thick. I prefer no case, but with a glass back, I might have to, drop that baby and kiss it goodbye.

I must say also that the design of this phone is top notch. it looks mighty fine and sleek. it sure does look premium with that glass backing and nice design overall. For me Blackberry did a good job with this, we know that TCL built it but I guess Blackberry has a say on what it should look like cosmetically. Even though I'm not digging the glass back for fear of slipping out of your hands, Reviewers will give the DTEK60 extra points for the sleek premium look and we know we really need some good reviews on this so that it grab some attention.

There will be a lot of Note 7 consumers looking for another phone. Hopefully the sexy DTEK60 with top notch specs and security and fast updates at its heart, will sway them over. Good luck Blackberry!
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-13-16 12:20 PM
    i can't see why it wouldn't get 6-7 of sot. we'll have to wait and see when it comes out. I have a feeling its more than enough, especially when nougat hits our DTEK's with the doze on the go and enhanced doze features added.
    10-13-16 01:53 PM
    i can't see why it wouldn't get 6-7 of sot. we'll have to wait and see when it comes out. I have a feeling its more than enough, especially when nougat hits our DTEK's with the doze on the go and enhanced doze features added.
    No way it will get that much SOT.
    10-13-16 02:30 PM
    I'm not impressed with phone thinness. Give me a bigger battery any day of the week. I would also probably use a skin over the glass back since it will be a fingerprint magnet not to mention slippery and I do not trust the glass back although it is pretty to look at. I would prefer the grip back of the dtek50.
    battery is bigger than iphone and pixel! only smaller than note7... camera is better, however, only GSM no CDMA... look like you want hot note? Google Pixel vs BlackBerry DTEK60 Compare Mobile Phones - MobileSMSPK.net
    10-13-16 02:35 PM
    ^ in all fairness I think the pixel xl would need to be compared?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 02:38 PM
    I'm actually worried about the glass back. I prefer to keep my phones naked. I really wish it was some other material, rubber type or carbon weave ala Z30. Will the glass not be susceptible to cracking. I mean usually if you drop a phone and damage it somewhere it is the glass screen first. Now it will be the glass back also.
    I also wouldn't have minded a couple of mm thicker for a bigger battery. Guess one can't have everything.
    10-13-16 03:33 PM
    No case on my Classic, dropped it a few times, not a scratch on it. How about make the phone durable so you don't need to account for a case when making it paper thin. Nah, crazy thought...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    10-13-16 03:51 PM
    Yeah I think the rubber backing and a much larger battery would have been the better option for most of your typical BlackBerry users.

But this was TCL attempt to copy Samsung and their higher end phones, with an all glass look and feel. It does scream premium.
    Agree. Bigger battery and non glass back.

10-13-16 09:59 PM
    Looks alright. Not a big fan of the corner shape though.
    10-14-16 03:36 AM
    The thinness is for looks purpose,

To the guys asking if we would prefer a fat phone with a much bigger battery or a sleek device with a smaller battery, I'd go with the fatter phone , the priv , passport and z30 weren't thin devices and I owned them all, still have my priv.

Let's see the reviews when this thing comes out.

10-14-16 06:24 AM
73 123