My DTEK60 does not work in car when mounted to my air vent. Specifically:

1. Pinching and zooming especially in Google maps does not work.
    2. Using my finger to move around especially in Google maps does not work. It causes the map to do an extreme zoom in or out.
    3. The home, back, and multi tasking buttons do not work. I have to push really hard with my finger to get the button press to register. Other button presses and screen touches also require hard presses.

The phone still behaves the same after I unmount it. I have to restart it to get it to behave normally again. The phone is basically unusable in the car, and I am at the point where I want to throw it against the wall. Has anyone else had this issue?
    12-05-16 10:35 AM
    I take it you must be connected to something via bluetooth, is that correct. Maybe resetting whatever your connected to may help.
    12-05-16 10:46 AM
    I take it you must be connected to something via bluetooth, is that correct. Maybe resetting whatever your connected to may help.
    Thanks for the reply. I do have the device hooked up to a Jabra Bluetooth speaker. I'll try deleting and pairing it again.
    12-05-16 12:37 PM
    Even try it in the car when it's not connected to the speaker may be a good idea to try first. Just in case something else is causing the problems you are having.
    12-05-16 01:50 PM
    Even try it in the car when it's not connected to the speaker may be a good idea to try first. Just in case something else is causing the problems you are having.
    That is a good point and I will test it out. I'm even wondering if the proximity sensor is all messed up. Like the phone doesn't think it is being held and is not responding to touches. Just another thought I had. I never had this problem with my Z30 and I had quite a few Android apps on there.
    12-05-16 02:10 PM
    You said you have it in a mount, if so make sure the mount or clips are not touching the screen. I had this problem with a different device and the problem was some of the foam from the mount would slightly touch the corners.
    12-07-16 01:42 AM
    Just a thought,is that a magnetic mount by any chance. If so try connecting to the blue tooth speaker again but not having the phone on/in the mount
    12-07-16 03:56 AM
    You said you have it in a mount, if so make sure the mount or clips are not touching the screen. I had this problem with a different device and the problem was some of the foam from the mount would slightly touch the corners.
    Just a thought,is that a magnetic mount by any chance. If so try connecting to the blue tooth speaker again but not having the phone on/in the mount
    Thank you for the replies.

Did some more testing today and I believe the issue is the mount. I use a Breffo spider podium, and the phone itself is not gripped 100% firmly in the mount/air vent. Every time I go to press the screen, the phone is not totally stable. When I tried tightening the grip on the mount the touch worked better. So it seems as though I will need a better mount. Doesn't explain why it is still behaving badly after I unmount it. So odd though that the phone is this sensitive. My Z30 never had this issue when using the same mount.

Overall, I'm not impressed with my DTEK or Android thus far. Google services are great, and that's about it.
    12-07-16 10:25 AM