My phone used to charge in an hour. Now it takes an hour and a half. I sent my dtek60 back to Blackberry and went back to using my dtek50.
    😂😂😂
    11-21-16 03:37 AM
    It appears that people are having differing experiences with the performance of the battery. The first 60 I had I sent back as it was depleting at the rate of around 5-7% p/h. The new 60 I'm using is phenomenal with only around 2% p/h with reasonable use.

I'm inclined not to think it is a setting that is the issue but with the manufacture.
    11-21-16 05:33 AM
    Disabling Bluetooth (I've set the toggle option to my convenience key until I can figure out the command to remap it to play/pause media) has done wonders to improve my battery life while the phone is idle. Overnight I went 9 hours off the charger and went down only 4%. And yes, before disabling Bluetooth altogether, I checked to make sure it wasn't a Bluetooth-driven app.

Now, active use is another story, but QC 3.0 helps mitigate that issue if necessary.
    11-26-16 11:13 AM
    I feel as though the battery depletes quicker when "rapidly charged" - any other reports of this?
    11-26-16 12:15 PM
    Is there a way to not "rapidly charge" the phone? Does not that come enabled automatically?
    11-26-16 03:01 PM
    Is there a way to not "rapidly charge" the phone? Does not that come enabled automatically?
    Don't use a rapid charger?
    11-26-16 03:15 PM
    I use my q5 charger and not sure if it makes a difference but I get great battery life.
    11-26-16 03:48 PM
    I have no issues with battery life at all. Far superior to my Z30. In addition, it charges very quickly.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 08:19 PM
    I have no issues with battery life at all. Far superior to my Z30. In addition, it charges very quickly.

Posted via CB10
    Whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves...
    moonflyer likes this.
    11-26-16 09:40 PM
    yeah, both battery life and charging time has been highly variable.
    Some days my phone is at 15% when I get home (disharging from 6AM-6PM), other days it's at 40%. I'm assuming it's my usage pattern (how much I use it) so I haven't complained yet, but it does vary quite a bit.

Does anyone use battery saver mode somewhat regularly? I only use it when I realize I won't get to a charger in time and need the phone for a few more hours... I treat it as a bit of an emergency mode. Thoughts on this?

As for charging... also highly variable. Of course, when the phone is powered off (aka died on me) it charges pretty quick. When on, it varies quite a bit. I'm guessing this is due to background activity... it seems to charge slower when the phone is using power (doing updates or downloading stuff, or I'm on the phone, etc).

So I can't say neither the battery nor the charging gets worse with time, as there are a lot of variables. Fully powered off would be the only real test.
    11-28-16 07:27 AM
    So I got mine on Friday. I had it setup for the most part by 8 PM and fully charged. I didn't have to plug it back in until Sunday night and I think I had around 30% left.

Mind you for a lot of the weekend it was in the case untouched but that's easily double the time I would have had on the Priv.

100% yesterday at 1 PM and right now I'm sitting at 65%. Showing 1 day 18 hours left. SOT 1h 24m
    RichardAitch likes this.
    11-29-16 11:49 AM
    Left idle, the battery life on the DTEK60 is leaps and bounds ahead of the Priv. Active use (and specifically, using the screen) is where you'll notice a huge hit on the battery.
    11-29-16 08:41 PM
    Left idle, the battery life on the DTEK60 is leaps and bounds ahead of the Priv. Active use (and specifically, using the screen) is where you'll notice a huge hit on the battery.
    I am averaging 8 hours SOT. I have experienced no huge hits to battery life on my DTEK60.
    11-29-16 09:08 PM
    I am averaging 8 hours SOT. I have experienced no huge hits to battery life on my DTEK60.
    Wow, if you don't mind me asking, what's your typical phone use during the day?
    moonflyer likes this.
    11-29-16 11:45 PM
    Wow, if you don't mind me asking, what's your typical phone use during the day?
    Emails. Bbm. Sms. I don't consume media with my phones very much at all. But I do have the screen on messaging a lot. I tend to use between 4 and 5% battery per hour on average. My screen brightness is generally turned down pretty low as I am indoors all day and only use a small lamp at my desk. I do have open windows however. I just don't like a bright screen burning images onto my brain stem.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-30-16 12:23 AM
    yeah. it eats up battery quick when in use. when i first got it, and had almost nothing installed it charged super fast, and discharged super slow. as I added apps, and started to use more frequently both the discharge time has decreased (dying faster) and charge time has gone up (likely due to the fact that battery is getting eaten up while it's charging... unless I charge powered off)

Emails. Bbm. Sms. I don't consume media with my phones very much at all. But I do have the screen on messaging a lot. I tend to use between 4 and 5% battery per hour on average. My screen brightness is generally turned down pretty low as I am indoors all day and only use a small lamp at my desk. I do have open windows however. I just don't like a bright screen burning images onto my brain stem.
    i'm on the same page for usage. 6AM unplug....it's usually done by 10PM.
    00stryder and moonflyer like this.
    11-30-16 08:10 AM
166 ... 567