- CrackBerry User
- 48 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
DTEK 60 vs. iPhone 7
I made the switch about a year and a half ago to an iPhone 7 from a long string of BlackBerry phones. My Z30 was damaged and the app-gap at the time on BB 10 caused me to make the switch to iOS.
With that being said, I have missed BlackBerry and have been thinking of coming back to the DTEK 60. However, I am looking for some unbiased information from the awesome Crackberry Community! Any users out there made the switch from iPhone to DTEK 60?
Here is my situation and things I'm considering:
- I miss the virtual BlackBerry Keyboard. The keyboard on the iPhone is nowhere close to being as good as the BB keyboard.
- I have a subscription to Apple Music that links my iMac to my phone seamlessly and I really like it a lot. Two years ago I tried a Samsung S5 and I could not get my music to load onto the phone for the life of me. I took it back solely for that reason. Music on my phone is very important and it needs to be easy to load onto the phone. With that being said, what do people do for music on the DTEK? Do you run Google Music?
- When I tried the S5 two years ago, I hated the Android OS. Perhaps I was spoiled with BB 10. How do people like it?
- I have a wallet case for my iPhone and I love it because I no longer have to carry my phone in one pocket and my wallet in the other. I haven't been able to see a wallet case for the DTEK 60 yet. Anybody out there have one that I haven't come across?
- Does BlackBerry Hub work well on the DTEK? I have heard mixed reviews about it.
- I'm assuming now that the DTEK is running Android that the app offering is much better than it was previously? Is this the case?
Thanks folks for your opinion. I appreciate it. I'd really like to come back to BB, but at the same time, I like the iOS, the convenience of the Apple ecosystem as well as the app and accessory selection.
- 02-13-17, 10:33 PM #2I made the switch about a year and a half ago to an iPhone 7 from a long string of BlackBerry phones. My Z30 was damaged and the app-gap at the time on BB 10 caused me to make the switch to iOS.
- 02-14-17, 12:51 AM #4
Android is still basically the same unfortunately. It was my hope that as BlackBerry transitioned that they could implement more improvements, but as of now I'm not real impressed.
Don't get me wrong, the phone works well, and I don't have any huge issues. To me though if you brand yourself a software company I would expect faster OS updates, and hopefully even some improvements.
Keeping my fingers crossed
- 02-14-17, 11:52 AM #5
I work with iPhones a lot. But I use a OnePlus. I switched back to Blackberry by buying the DTEK50 before my OPX I used the Z10.
I really liked the easy but very efficient OS 10.
Oxygen that is preloaded on OPX was good for me as well with SwiftKey being the closest to BBVK for me.
After using the DTEK50 for a while. I noticed that it brings me back to the days of the Z10.
For music Musixmatch is doing good and putting my music on SD CARD saves me a lot of time and struggle.
Hope you'll like it
- 02-20-17, 04:20 PM #7
I am not an either/or person. I have the 6S Plus sitting here, Huawei Mate 9 and DTEK60.
THE Huawei with its EMUI 5 offers slightly different feel and layout. Great hardware. Spoiled. It runs so well.
But feel I'm done with Samsung. Had my heart set on Note7 and the Mate9 filled that void plus a crossover between iOS and Android.
Going back to 5.5" feels so much lighter and smaller now, but that can be handy too.
Having endured a hardware failure once I would never want to be at a loss with just one phone.
The iPhone never run just right with iOS 9, so it really felt like it takes even Apple a year for marriage of new hardware and OS to smooth things over. Why I stay one generation behind on hardware.
I just got small 71MB update. Not sure what. But I'd like to see where Blackberry is with this phone after a couple system updates, not just your security patches that have monthly schedule. That was a strong reason for choosing the DTEK60.
- By keiths31 in forum BlackBerry DTEK60Replies: 28Last Post: 02-22-17, 11:21 PM
- By someshkelkar3 in forum BlackBerry DTEK50Replies: 8Last Post: 02-19-17, 10:58 AM
- By stevec66 in forum BlackBerry MercuryReplies: 27Last Post: 02-16-17, 04:41 PM
- By someshkelkar3 in forum BlackBerry Z30Replies: 2Last Post: 02-13-17, 09:38 AM
- By kunz1925shooter in forum BlackBerry PassportReplies: 1Last Post: 02-10-17, 08:18 PM