So I dropped my phone yesterday and now I see that the screen is cracked. Luckily, it's a smaller crack running along the bottom and the everything works perfectly. So I can still use the phone. I've never broken a screen on a phone before, so I'm pretty bummed out... hopefully I'll be able to get this fixed relatively quickly and inexpensively.

I've searched and can't seem to find the answer to this...

Are the screens on the Dtek 60 and the Idol 4S exactly the same? When I search for parts, or call a cell phone repair shop, can I replace with a part that is listed for the Idol 4s? Or, does it have to be a part listed for the Dtek 60?
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-09-17 05:50 PM
    Had my son's DTEK50 fixed by BlackBerry. Called customer service and got the ball rolling. The link is to my post is here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...tek50-1104886/

My Plan B was to go through a repair shop that advertises that they fix BlackBerry phones (I'm in the Toronto area, so there is some choice of repair shops). Hope that helps. Good luck.
    marcho11 likes this.
    04-09-17 06:13 PM
    So I dropped my phone yesterday and now I see that the screen is cracked. Luckily, it's a smaller crack running along the bottom and the everything works perfectly. So I can still use the phone. I've never broken a screen on a phone before, so I'm pretty bummed out... hopefully I'll be able to get this fixed relatively quickly and inexpensively.

I've searched and can't seem to find the answer to this...

Are the screens on the Dtek 60 and the Idol 4S exactly the same? When I search for parts, or call a cell phone repair shop, can I replace with a part that is listed for the Idol 4s? Or, does it have to be a part listed for the Dtek 60?
    I'm not sure if BlackBerry still does 12 month direct support like they did for the PRIV. The PRIV was built in-house unlike the DTEK60 which was built by TCL out of China. Worth a shot though. DTEK60 parts are going to be very scarce unfortunately.
    04-09-17 09:42 PM
    Just got mine back from the repair centre. Mine fell out of my coat pocket and cracked the screen could not use the phone because display was damaged. I contacted the BlackBerry repair centre. They emailed me a shipping label and I sent the phone in. They repaired it and the cost was $176 plus tax.(Canadian funds)
    Last edited by Fordberry; 04-10-17 at 04:27 AM.
    04-09-17 09:45 PM
    Digitizers for the 60 are almost impossible to find, I have seen the 50's on the market now. Good thing BlackBerry is still offering Repair service !
    04-09-17 11:46 PM
    Finally seeing parts for the TCL 950/ DTEK60 on ebay & aliexpress. The prices for Batteries, Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Panel etc are pretty inexpensive. I typed "tcl 950 replacement" in google and got several results.
    04-23-17 05:49 AM
    Finally seeing parts for the TCL 950/ DTEK60 on ebay & aliexpress. The prices for Batteries, Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Panel etc are pretty inexpensive. I typed "tcl 950 replacement" in google and got several results.
    But are they identical? I know these TCL phones are all based on the same hardware platform but if BlackBerry has them put in a different chipset like the DTEK50, then could the display assemblies of the 60 and say, Idol 4s be different? (I know the Windows Idol 4s has a 1080p display vs the Android flavor having a 1440p display like the 60.)
    04-24-17 12:51 AM
    I repaired mine here in China after a serious Crack on the screen. It took me few trip to the shop. Initially the screen resolution was different and the everything appeared very big. Eventually they had to fix with a computer software and adjust the resolution. Some features are still abnormal. Like when I reboot it, still very big. Overall a great phone, but really don't break it, otherwise you are up for serious trouble
    04-24-17 07:06 PM
    So this screen is the Dtrk60 screen?!? Same screen? Direct replacement?
    Attached Thumbnails Dropped my Dtek 60, cracked the screen-screenshot_20170429-225956.jpg  
    04-29-17 10:01 PM
    No, idol X S950 is different to TCL 950
    04-30-17 05:41 AM
    Boni Mansi how did they correct the screen resolution with computer software? I am having same issue with screen magnification after new screen and digitizer was installed. Please help me with any information on computer software and how you did it or if there was any videos about this correction.
    Thanks!
    02-02-18 08:38 PM