In clarification of my previous thread. . Since I have been using the Samsung s7 I seem to be getting a large amount of of promotional emails from various sources.

Does this happen with the dtek60 email app? As this wasn't an issue on my previous blackberry phones.

Kind regards
    11-23-16 03:40 PM
    That all depends on how you have your email accounts set up. There's very little on the device that controls the emails you get but rather what you actually get shown. If you set up filtering rules or your email services allow for filtering that content out to specific folders, then you won't see it as long as you don't sync it to your device.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-23-16 04:20 PM
    is it possible that you're referring to the ads that come with the free version of BB Hub? They're not emails, they are ads IN your hub... they may look like emails. If you get a BB android device, or pay for Hub+ Services on your non-BB phone, these ads will disappear. They're not emails, but in-app ads like you see in nearly every app that you don't pay for.

So yes, on DTEK60, you won't get these ads. But your question is incorrect. it won't be "filtering" and they're not "emails". But your problem will be resolved on DTEK60, or via paying for Hub+ services on a non-BB phone.
    11-24-16 07:38 AM