Very limited data use. Very limited assuming not on WiFi. Don't think it will work on a plane in the air that has WiFi will it? Tunein will. I think you will see a trend to not having it included in most devices because a very small minority use built in FM radio.
    To be clear--- FM Radio uses NO data .......... it has NOTHING to do with Wifi or data.......... the trend has been increasing, not decreasing. Although slowly due to carriers and manufacturers ignoring it for several reasons.

Most all android phones released over the past 1-2 years have FM capability.

Blackberry:
    FM Radios: Z30, Classic, Leap, Passport and DTEK50 (and possibly a few others)
    no FM Radio: Z10, PRIV and now DTEK60

Still really confused as to how FM was in the DTEK50 and Idol 4S but it was left out of DTEK60.
    10-27-16 05:23 PM
    You're acting like if a phone has built-in FM that they can't have access to tune-in radio for those times like your example where there will not be FM radio signals... I personally don't use my FM tuner, but then again, I dn't use those music apps either. I'm way too picky with my music, so I have my collection on my phone. But anyway, for those who want something different, the FM tuner does have the advantage of using less battery. Yes, even on wifi. So it has that advantage that you can use the FM tuner when you can and save battery, then use an app like tune in radio for when you can't...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Easy Slagman. Not a big deal. Not many use FM tuner so if it is that important then they should only buy phones that have it.
    The point was you can't use it on a plane 35k in the air and of course you can switch back and forth anytime but not use FM tuner on a plane.
    I would rather the one stop shop than going back and forth just to save very little battery and very little data. My opinion.
    10-27-16 05:28 PM
    To be clear--- FM Radio uses NO data .......... it has NOTHING to do with Wifi or data.......... the trend has been increasing, not decreasing. Although slowly due to carriers and manufacturers ignoring it for several reasons.

Most all android phones released over the past 1-2 years have FM capability.

Blackberry:
    FM Radios: Z30, Classic, Leap, Passport and DTEK50 (and possibly a few others)
    no FM Radio: Z10, PRIV and now DTEK60

Still really confused as to how FM was in the DTEK50 and Idol 4S but it was left out of DTEK60.
    I was referring to Tunein using very little data so you completely misunderstood
    10-27-16 05:29 PM
    The FM radio is much better when commuting on transit. With the Priv, the radio stream constantly stops as the bus passes wifi Hotspot and tried to connect.
    True!!

To me FM is most useful when there is no Wifi and there is no (or very limited) data connection.
    (i.e. - mass power outages, hurricanes, remote travel, etc. etc. etc.)
    10-27-16 05:30 PM
    I was referring to Tunein using very little data so you completely misunderstood
    Yes I did..... sorry about that.
    10-27-16 05:32 PM
    Easy Slagman. Not a big deal. Not many use FM tuner so if it is that important then they should only buy phones that have it.
    The point was you can't use it on a plane 35k in the air and of course you can switch back and forth anytime but not use FM tuner on a plane.
    I would rather the one stop shop than going back and forth just to save very little battery and very little data. My opinion.
    Don't think anyone is making a big deal out of anything... Was that a poor attempt at straw-person? Ah whatever, still don't see how any of that shows that it's beneficial to not have it. If a phone has it you have the choice to use it or not. If it doesn't you have no choice. If you don't have good data coverage somewhere you're just screwed.

And most airlines charge for you to use their wifi, so if you don't want to spend money then neither would work out... So in conclusion having your music locally on your sd card like I do is the ultimate solution. ;-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-27-16 05:34 PM
    I'm surprised this is a big deal anymore. Especially since I have not left the AM dial on my car radio in years.
    10-27-16 08:44 PM
    I use my Passport's FM radio at work, but wish it could be relayed to my bluetooth headphones even if wired headphones are required as antenna. Moving around the office while listening would then not require physically tethering to my phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 09:47 PM
33 12