How about other Microsoft services and apps?

Good intergration?

Not asking for myself, it came up in conversation.

Cheers!
    04-19-17 08:51 AM
    Works a good as the MS apps powering them. - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...47872553662727
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-19-17 09:06 AM
    I have never owned an android product so I'm unfamiliar with it's integration with Microsoft services such as Outlook's calendar, contacts and tasks etc. I've heard that android plays nice with outlook mail client, syncing email and contacts but not the calendar. However, I've heard that BlackBerry's Android offering does handle all these things (calendar sync included). Is this an accurate understanding?
    I used to have a BBz10 up until last summer when it went for a swim with me after falling out of a boat . With the phone showing its age anyway and Microsoft, at the time, was making a bunch of noise with their Windows10 - one OS for all devices strategy, I thought I'd make the plunge, get in on the ground floor with Microsoft, and go "all in" on their OS.
    I have always been a Windows PC/tablet user and have been in the Microsoft ecosystem (Office365 account, Outlook desktop client & OneDrive user etc) for some time now so I bought a windows phone last year to replace my z10. I so miss the BB virtual keyboard and the remember app handling my outlook tasks, though not exactly what I was looking for, was still better than what I have now.....which is no real task integration at all.
    So, can a DTEK60 solve my problems? I don't want a physical kb so the Keyone doesn't interest me. I'm just wondering, with the DTEK60 being released last fall, are there rumours of another all touch device from BB coming down the pike?
    04-19-17 10:08 AM
    I have a Priv, Cortana plays nicely with Blackberry's Android flavor. See no reason for that to go wrong with the 60.
    04-19-17 12:50 PM
    I find here in Canada that Cortana is a little under integrated and therefore not as powerful and useful as it is in the US. Maybe if I had a higher end windows phone that at least had "Hey Cortana" but...I don't.
    In any event, do you use Outlook desktop client at all? I'm just wondering about how BB android handles outlook tasks.
    04-19-17 01:21 PM
    I think you'll find Outlook is fine, only issue has sometimes been with Exchange.
    04-19-17 02:07 PM
    I think you'll find Outlook is fine, only issue has sometimes been with Exchange.
    What kind of "issues" with exchange are you referring too? My 2 email accounts that I use for email are Microsoft accounts
    04-19-17 02:30 PM