Good job on design and performance of dtek60. This morning I got look at dtek70 and I was not happy. Particularly with the top design. The square design at top reminds me of Hondas from 1980s and must be changed. People don't want to carry square phones anymore and I'm not sure why that will not drill through your thick heads. I always get made fun of my passport because of the square design, and if you want me to really consider you for dtek70 then you must change the top design. No one cares if will look too close to iphone with pkb, all phones are converging to iphone like design.

If you continue with this 1980s square design I guarantee your sales will suffer like Priv, classic, passport, etc. You need to get with TIME and change. Stop getting stuck in 80s and 90s.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 08:58 AM
    Don't worry nothing you've seen came from BlackBerry. What someone says or thinks they might have seen six months ago, is unlikely to represent the final production model of the Mercury to be built by a partner, if there ever is one.
    brian4591 and skinnymike1 like this.
    11-05-16 10:07 AM
    Good job on design and performance of dtek60.
    You should really be thanking TCL.

This morning I got look at dtek70 and I was not happy. Particularly with the top design. The square design at top reminds me of Hondas from 1980s and must be changed. People don't want to carry square phones anymore and I'm not sure why that will not drill through your thick heads. I always get made fun of my passport because of the square design, and if you want me to really consider you for dtek70 then you must change the top design. No one cares if will look too close to iphone with pkb, all phones are converging to iphone like design.

If you continue with this 1980s square design I guarantee your sales will suffer like Priv, classic, passport, etc. You need to get with TIME and change. Stop getting stuck in 80s and 90s.

Posted via CB10
    "What DTEK70?" - John Chen

Basing purchase decisions on one or two renders isn't sound; wait for the phone to exist first.
    PHughes, JeepBB and skinnymike1 like this.
    11-05-16 10:25 AM
    OP do you mean you see the device live?
    11-05-16 10:31 AM
    Good job on design and performance of dtek60. This morning I got look at dtek70 and I was not happy. Particularly with the top design. The square design at top reminds me of Hondas from 1980s and must be changed. People don't want to carry square phones anymore and I'm not sure why that will not drill through your thick heads. I always get made fun of my passport because of the square design, and if you want me to really consider you for dtek70 then you must change the top design. No one cares if will look too close to iphone with pkb, all phones are converging to iphone like design.

Posted via CB10
    If you want to believe what you saw in pics is/was the Real device, then you have to similarly trust those people who claim to have seen it in person and say that its a beautiful device :P
    11-05-16 11:12 AM
    If you want to believe what you saw in pics is/was the Real device, then you have to similarly trust those people who claim to have seen it in person and say that its a beautiful device :P
    In a project like this there are multiple concepts, designs, mock-ups, prototype and test devices. Even if someone said they say "it" six months ago, what "it" represented then, and what a final product might be, with a yet unnamed partner, aren't likely to be the same.
    11-05-16 11:46 AM
    Good job on design and performance of dtek60. This morning I got look at dtek70 and I was not happy....

Posted via CB10
    You "saw" it, physically as a phone, or you saw a posted render of a hypothetical phone?

Please reply.
    11-05-16 12:22 PM
    You are bugged for having a square phone? Perhaps you have a low self esteem to let that bother you. Don't be like everyone else, be different and show off that square phone.
    When people see my ''square'' Passport, friends or not they are always amazed by how different and amazing it is. One of the best, if not the best smartphone in the world!!

Posted via the amazing Passport
    bigjman and syclone1978 like this.
    11-05-16 01:02 PM
    Passport and Priv won the red dot award. I get compliments all the time on the Passport Silver Edition. I would disagree and say the hundreds of pebble-looking android rectangles look bad. And iPhone is boring. I guess you think conformity is a fashion.

Posted via CB10
    syclone1978 and skinnymike1 like this.
    11-05-16 03:01 PM
    Some webpage's in Europe leaked some in information from Italia, Espane, Germanny and Russia and it seems the DTEK70 will be there begin 2017 and has the following specs:

HD screen 4,5 inch
    Qwerty Keyboard
    Snapdragin 625 with a 2,02 Ghz CPU
    3 GB RAM
    32 GB Memory
    Camera back 18 MP and front 8 MP
    Battery 3450 mAh

It also seems there will be a fingerscanner in the spacebar,

Size of the device is compare with the DTEK60

Still first seeing then I believe it , rather seeing a Passport design with Android
    11-05-16 04:47 PM
    Some webpage's in Europe leaked some in information from Italia, Espane, Germanny and Russia and it seems the DTEK70 will be there begin 2017 and has the following specs:

HD screen 4,5 inch
    Qwerty Keyboard
    Snapdragin 625 with a 2,02 Ghz CPU
    3 GB RAM
    32 GB Memory
    Camera back 18 MP and front 8 MP
    Battery 3450 mAh

It also seems there will be a fingerscanner in the spacebar,

Size of the device is compare with the DTEK60

Still first seeing then I believe it , rather seeing a Passport design with Android
    That's not a leak of information from BlackBerry, it's a rehash of unsubstantiated rumors that have been around for months.
    Uzi, cgk, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    11-05-16 05:08 PM
    You are bugged for having a square phone? Perhaps you have a low self esteem to let that bother you. Don't be like everyone else, be different and show off that square phone.
    When people see my ''square'' Passport, friends or not they are always amazed by how different and amazing it is. One of the best, if not the best smartphone in the world!!

Posted via the amazing Passport
    I don't care about being made fun of...I care about perception of blackberry phones...it affects stock prices. Better looking and widely accepted phones result in better sale and better bottom line for bbry.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 09:01 PM
    You "saw" it, physically as a phone, or you saw a posted render of a hypothetical phone?

Please reply.
    Render....BUT all renders I have seen in past of already released phones are not that off from final production model.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 09:02 PM
    Passport and Priv won the red dot award. I get compliments all the time on the Passport Silver Edition. I would disagree and say the hundreds of pebble-looking android rectangles look bad. And iPhone is boring. I guess you think conformity is a fashion.

Posted via CB10
    It's not what I think..its what majority of people think that matters. We can all carry weird looking devices but our purchases don't really matter to bbry revenue.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 09:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Square phones are the way to go! Who wants a slab?! Now that I've used the Passport I could never go back to a slab even if it was 10 feet long! Square screen is amazing for reading docs, browsing websites etc

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-05-16 09:34 PM
    That's not a leak of information from BlackBerry, it's a rehash of unsubstantiated rumors that have been around for months.
    I know there are rumors but that information still going on sinds begin november, still what I said before. I believe it if it is there. I , first have so see ,before I believe
    11-06-16 03:23 AM
    Dear BBRY engineers and mgmt team. Thank you for everything.

From your dear friends

Samsung
    &
    Apple

We [heart] you!
    11-06-16 04:00 PM
    not sure about dtek 70 - chinese might be different in terms of prototype how close resemblance to the actual shippable unit. Normally, form fit function, you want a skin over but not eye catching... just look at the prototype iphone left over at bar in california few years back... ugly is ok as long as you can test functionality (for beta test). concept phone (3D model) can have many variance.. depend upon target market and trend, change can be made on a flight... once the tooling is completed, that is done deal (change would be costly)... do you know you see is the model or unit submit to carrier for testing?
    11-06-16 06:33 PM
    This. ^^. Crap has been so rehashed so many times now.
    11-06-16 06:45 PM