Just curious,

What's everyone using their convenience key for? Currently have mine set for opening the hub. I had it set to flashlight, but it would accidentally turn on too easily (battery killer), and you have to wake the device in order to turn it back off.
    12-04-16 01:24 AM
    12-04-16 03:28 AM
    CrackBerry ,maybe put orange button, Berryflow on Headphone plug in ' activation. The Hub sounds great though. So many choices now eh...
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-04-16 03:40 AM
    I use it to add a task
    12-04-16 10:42 AM
    Just curious,

What's everyone using their convenience key for? Currently have mine set for opening the hub. I had it set to flashlight, but it would accidentally turn on too easily (battery killer), and you have to wake the device in order to turn it back off.
    My DTEK60 will be shipped to me Monday or Tuesday, so I do not own one yet. But perhaps something clever like launching shazam? It'll be fun to screw around with.
    12-04-16 10:48 AM
    Toggle Bluetooth. You'd be surprised how much it impacts idle battery life. I keep my phone off the charger all night and lose somewhere around 1-2% over 7-8 hours.

Ideally my choice would be to set it for media control (play/pause, multiple press for forward/back skip on songs, etc.) but can't figure out what it's software profile is set to on the remapper app I use.

Also, there's another thread about this already if you're looking for more ideas.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    12-04-16 11:01 AM
    Ich habe dort "auf lautlos stellen" gespeichert. 1x dr�cken = lautlos, 2x dr�cken lautlos wieder aufheben
    Gruss libero66
    12-04-16 01:23 PM
    Toggle Bluetooth. You'd be surprised how much it impacts idle battery life. I keep my phone off the charger all night and lose somewhere around 1-2% over 7-8 hours.

Ideally my choice would be to set it for media control (play/pause, multiple press for forward/back skip on songs, etc.) but can't figure out what it's software profile is set to on the remapper app I use.

Also, there's another thread about this already if you're looking for more ideas.
    I toggle the Bluetooth with the swipe up functions along with the WiFi on another. I also use the convenience key for the hub
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-04-16 01:49 PM
    I use my convenience button for the flashlight, and I use my three swipe up shortcuts for Metal Pro, Bluetooth, and Beweather respectively. For those finding Bluetooth connecting difficult I have found if I toggle on Bluetooth from the phone first, even before turning on my car it connects everything without delay...
    12-04-16 03:27 PM

Yep...me as well. Toggling Bluetooth on/off
    00stryder likes this.
    12-04-16 04:45 PM
    BlackBerry password
    12-04-16 05:03 PM
    I toggle the Bluetooth with the swipe up functions along with the WiFi on another. I also use the convenience key for the hub
    The swipe up shortcuts (left to right) for me are Textra (SMS), BBM, and Hub. Even if I can figure out how to remap the convenience key, I may still keep it on Bluetooth, the effect on battery life is staggering.
    12-04-16 09:42 PM
    Quite a lot of people have it set to toggle Bluetooth! Wow, I wouldn't have known. What do you guys use Bluetooth for so often that you have it as your convenience key?
    12-05-16 02:38 AM
    Blue tooth earpiece while driving and headphones at home listening to music.
    12-05-16 03:48 AM
    Blue tooth earpiece while driving and headphones at home listening to music.
    I only use Bluetooth when in my car, otherwise it's off. For that reason I've just created a home screen shortcut, which tapping it toggles Bluetooth on or off. Quite handy as don't have to go through any menus.

I've set my convenience key to Chrome
    00stryder likes this.
    12-05-16 07:19 AM
    Toggle Bluetooth. You'd be surprised how much it impacts idle battery life.
    Yep...me as well. Toggling Bluetooth on/off
    Quite a lot of people have it set to toggle Bluetooth! Wow, I wouldn't have known. What do you guys use Bluetooth for so often that you have it as your convenience key?
    Nonsense, in my opinion.
    My bluetooth stays on 24/7. I stream audio through it for about 1-3 hours per day, the rest of the time it's idle. I've checked my battery usage for it once I read that so many ppl on here toggle it on/off with the convenience key. It uses 1-2%. Not even close to worth wasting convenience key on it. It's also pretty quick and easy to swipe down from the top and press bluetooth on/off.

my convenience key is set to Hub.
    qphone likes this.
    12-05-16 07:25 AM
    With Priv could you set any of the keyboard keys to work as an individual "convenience key"?

It just seems like a step back having only one programmable key and it's amusing seeing people so excited about it.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    12-05-16 08:07 AM
    Bluetooth in my car and a wireless headset I use at home/work, and connecting to my Fitbit tracker, mostly. Essentially if I'm not actively using it, I'll try to keep it off.
    I only use Bluetooth when in my car, otherwise it's off. For that reason I've just created a home screen shortcut, which tapping it toggles Bluetooth on or off. Quite handy as don't have to go through any menus.

I've set my convenience key to Chrome
    Didn't think of using that, thanks for the tip! Will certainly keep that in mind if I do figure out the whole remapping thing one day.
    Nonsense, in my opinion.
    My bluetooth stays on 24/7. I stream audio through it for about 1-3 hours per day, the rest of the time it's idle. I've checked my battery usage for it once I read that so many ppl on here toggle it on/off with the convenience key. It uses 1-2%. Not even close to worth wasting convenience key on it. It's also pretty quick and easy to swipe down from the top and press bluetooth on/off.

my convenience key is set to Hub.
    I'm glad that's your experience, but kinda surprised you haven't realized that it's very YMMV when it comes to smartphone battery life. Perhaps I have some settings/paired devices that continually drain my battery in that respect, even when not in use? Before my DTEK60 my Bluetooth stayed on all day but I found that this works best for me.
    With Priv could you set any of the keyboard keys to work as an individual "convenience key"?

It just seems like a step back having only one programmable key and it's amusing seeing people so excited about it.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately can't really complain when (in my case) you go from the Priv to the DTEK60 because you prefer software keyboards (among other things). I never really used the PKB for shortcuts much anyway so I'm not really missing much.
    12-05-16 08:50 AM
    Convenience key is always working while Priv needs to be on home screen and have keyboard out. Big difference!
    12-05-16 10:55 PM
    I wish we had a convenience key on Priv. It doesn't even pause music, it just mutes it and music keeps playing....
    12-06-16 09:58 PM
    I wish we had a convenience key on Priv. It doesn't even pause music, it just mutes it and music keeps playing....
    You can use apps to remap the key to whatever action you want. On the Priv, at least, I still haven't figured out how to do it on the DTEK60. I used this app below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uttonsremapper
    12-06-16 11:50 PM
    My convenience key is set up for the NFC setting page! Unfortunately I was not able to find any other ways to quickly turn NFC on and off!
    It really sucks that I can't add it to my quick settings menu like in my passport!

My 3 swipe up gestures are : settings, HUB, voicemail !
    It really sucks that there is no visual voicemail on android!!

Man I miss my Passport, the android os is really naked and all the basic functions from bbos10 require so much more work or 3rd party apps to be accomplished on android!
    12-16-16 02:46 PM
    [QUOTE=SeanKent;12689254]I only use Bluetooth when in my car, otherwise it's off. For that reason I've just created a home screen shortcut, which tapping it toggles Bluetooth on or off. Quite handy as don't have to go through any menus.

How did you create a Bluetooth home screen shortcut?
    12-16-16 03:28 PM
    [QUOTE=ErnieH;12702533]

How did you create a Bluetooth home screen shortcut?
    Tap on apps button then select shortcuts from top right , scroll down to device and press and hold Bluetooth icon and move wherever you want it . I use one of the swipe up functions now for Bluetooth.
    12-16-16 03:48 PM
    My key is set up for my mobile payment app (RBC) .

Once Android Pay is released in Canada it will be set up for that.
    12-16-16 03:56 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD