After 6 years of abandoning my beloved Blackberries, I may return. (Torch last BB, playbook, ya da, and I was a fanboy). Turned to the dark side of IOS for all my corporate and personal devices. Employees, kids, etc. Just easier to manage all!

Ordered Dteck 60 and will arrive Monday to play with.

My biggest concerns are calendar and contacts.

I've read most articles about integration from Icloud calendar and contacts plus I use Microsoft calendar which does work ad sync with Icloud.

Anyone else do this same move and come back to BB?

I am excited to hold this device and utilize BB with Android (I did root my old BB to use android previously).

Appreciate any thoughtful and helpful info.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    12-03-16 11:01 PM
    The difference with Android is you can customize as much as you want. But it's take some time. If you are ready to spend some time, you will never go back to ios.

In exemple, just setting my wife's new PRIV last friday took me 5 hours and I have experience with Android. But when you are new to Android, it could take weeks to adjust, but it's worth the effort .

Good luck.
    12-04-16 08:11 AM
    After 6 years of abandoning my beloved Blackberries, I may return. (Torch last BB, playbook, ya da, and I was a fanboy). Turned to the dark side of IOS for all my corporate and personal devices. Employees, kids, etc. Just easier to manage all!

I've read most articles about integration from Icloud calendar and contacts plus I use Microsoft calendar which does work ad sync with Icloud.

I am excited to hold this device and utilize BB with Android (I did root my old BB to use android previously).

The nice thing about android is being able to cater it to the way you want your device to look and feel. Whether that be productivity features, or just cool home screen layouts and widgets. You will learn to make use of different launchers and discover the different things you can do to alter it to your preference. I learn something new on Android every day.

Ios does a seamless job at syncing across all their devices. So you may feel a little left in the dark at first because you don't have Imessage syncing across your devices, or you may not have a family photo album on your device. However google usually has a service or application that does everything ios does, and usually better. Ios works well, but you're completely restricted to how apple wants you to do things on a day to day basis.
    12-04-16 10:38 AM

My mom turned to de BlackBerry side after being on IOS all her life, (I gave her a Dtek50 for her birthday) I used BlackBerry content transfer to transfer all her contacts and calendar, all transfered perfect. For pictures I installed Google Photos on her IOS and backed up all to her Google account and the pictures are now accessible from her new phone. There is a content transfer option for pictures but was going to take too much time and too much space so the cloud was her best option.
    Take her some time to learn android since IOS is all controlled and no customization, but now she is really happy, and since she didn't do a lot of stuff on her IPhone she didn't had a lot to learn.
    12-05-16 12:07 PM
    Don't forget to remove your number from imessage or you might lose some texts from contacts also using imessage.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    diego.roscetti likes this.
    12-05-16 03:02 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I am awaiting my 60 after a bro f 1 month lapse in judgement with a 7plus. Prior to that I was with Android for the last 4 years.
    12-05-16 04:28 PM
    Well, it's been 48 hours since posting this thread, 36 hours since I received my 60.

All I can say is what a change from the original BB platform. And what a difference from IOS to Android. Enjoy the flexibility.

Love this device so far.

Kudos to all the threads, posters, articles of "how to" move from IOS to Android. Only took a couple hours to get calendars, contacts, emails all coverted and moved.

Thanks Crackberry gang.
    SDTRMG and diego.roscetti like this.
    12-06-16 07:39 PM
    I was also a fan boy, switched to ios till the z10 came out and had everyone up until the passport. But I had to switch to samsung after android apps stopped working on my passport. I just bought a Galaxy s7 a few months ago. I wanted the priv but the reviews were mixed. I also wanted the dtek50 but by then was to used to the fingerprint scanner for banking, unlocking, website passwords etc. Now that the DTEK 60 is out I've been looking at reviews and reading crackberry articles/forums everyday. I think I'm gonna put this phone up for sale and get the 60 depending how long it takes to sell this one.

Glad you're enjoying the DTEK 60, can't wait to make the jump.
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 12-08-16 at 03:41 AM.
    12-06-16 11:03 PM
    I was also a fan boy, switch to its till the z10 came out and had everyone up to the passport. But I hard to switch to samsung after android alps stop working on my passport. I just bought a Galaxy s7 a few months ago. I wanted the private but the reviews were mixed. I wanted the dtek50 but by then was used to the fingerprint scanner for banking, unlocking, website passwords etc. Now that the DTEK 60 is out I've been looking at reviews and reading crackberry articles and forms everyday. I think I'm gonna put this phone up for sale and get the 60 depending how long it takes to sell this one.

Glad you're enjoying the DTEK 60, can't wait to make the jump.
    You should sell it, autocorrect is pretty bad on that phone it seems, lol.

12-07-16 05:44 AM
    You should sell it, autocorrect is pretty bad on that phone it seems, lol.

I have the BlackBerry suite / keyboard on here, it was more of a user error. Was in traffic typing quite fast. Lol
    12-08-16 03:42 AM
    I have the BlackBerry suite / keyboard on here, it was more of a user error. Was in traffic typing quite fast. Lol
    Lol, you need to "teach" it better. :-P

12-08-16 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD