So from what I understand the DTEK60 has the same form factor as the Alcatel Idol4s. Can anyone confirm or dispute this? I'm wondering about case options for my new Dtek60

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 07:10 PM
    Yes same form factor except for the camera on the back. The D60 is round and the Idol is square. Keep that in mind if looking for cases.

I'm waiting for some cases to be released because I don't feel like spending what BlackBerry is asking for their gel case. If I'm spending that much I'd want to better options
    10-30-16 07:13 PM
    Yes me too I like the BlackBerry leather case but I ain't spending $70 Canadian on one. I don't expect there will be much available outside of BlackBerry just like every other BlackBerry phone the last few years.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 07:19 PM
    Yes me too I like the BlackBerry leather case but I ain't spending $70 Canadian on one. I don't expect there will be much available outside of BlackBerry just like every other BlackBerry phone the last few years.

Posted via CB10
    I did get the leather flip case for the Priv from Amazon for roughly half (~$30 USD) of what BlackBerry was asking for it. That was in March of this year though, so I don't know if Amazon is even planning on carrying any DTEK60-specific cases. I'm probably going to be looking at Idol 4S cases myself.
    10-30-16 07:31 PM
    I did get the leather flip case for the Priv from Amazon for roughly half (~$30 USD) of what BlackBerry was asking for it. That was in March of this year though, so I don't know if Amazon is even planning on carrying any DTEK60-specific cases. I'm probably going to be looking at Idol 4S cases myself.

I received my Dtek60 Friday evening. It showed up with a cracked camera lenses. Waiting until tomorrow for word back on warranty or replacement. It's quite delicate and the camera protrudes further then the rubber sleeve that came with it. I love the phone but wish there were better case options. The leather ones way to pricey but the only ones that will cover the lease and protect it. My camera works still but I'm not impressed. My buddy ordered one too and it's no better then mine that's broken (cracks don't show in pix). It's about equal to my Sony s3 I had or my buddy's Moto x. Not good in low light and takes average 2 seconds to focus if you select to focus before it takes a shot. No where near any of this year's other plus $500 phones.
    10-30-16 08:13 PM
    Sucks to hear about the crack. It seems that the camera performance is very individualized, as you have a few users (Bla1ze included) who are more than happy with it, and then others who are not impressed at all. For me personally, camera performance isn't a huge deal as I just don't take enough pics to warrant the need for it to factor into my purchase decision.
    10-30-16 09:18 PM
    They have tons of cases for the dtek50 even a very nice seidio case with kickstand. EBay, Amazon, aliexpress. I guess gotta think the idol 4 case maker fans. Finally we may get case options again.
    10-30-16 11:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Crackberry is now showing a D60 bundle with the leather flip case for the $650CAD. Their bundle also comes with a battery pack. Looks like a better deal for those (like me) that would like the screen to be covered. It says out of stock at the moment but I think I read somewhere that it will be shipping next week.
    BlackBerry DTEK60 Factory Unlocked with 1 Year Warranty by BlackBerry with Free Accessory Bundle! | BlackBerry Brand New | CrackBerry Canada
    Randal Yandal and brian4591 like this.
    11-01-16 10:57 PM
    Crackberry is now showing a D60 bundle with the leather flip case for the $650CAD. Their bundle also comes with a battery pack. Looks like a better deal for those (like me) that would like the screen to be covered. It says out of stock at the moment but I think I read somewhere that it will be shipping next week.
    BlackBerry DTEK60 Factory Unlocked with 1 Year Warranty by BlackBerry with Free Accessory Bundle! | BlackBerry Brand New | CrackBerry Canada
    Well that sucks since I bought the flip case.
    It's a great case for the DTEK60 and even when folded back camera and fingerprint sensor work perfect.
    11-02-16 04:08 PM
    The rubber gel case is no hell. The Crackberry bundle deal is better than the BlackBerry bundle. Rapid charger works well.
    11-02-16 05:47 PM
    Well that sucks since I bought the flip case.
    It's a great case for the DTEK60 and even when folded back camera and fingerprint sensor work perfect.
    Pinot2015, tell me more about the leather flip case.

When laying on its back does the camera protrude beyond the case and touch the surface like gel case apparently does? Does it sit flat on its back and wobble or does it sit flush?

Do the speakers get muffled at all by the case?

LED light cut out and visible (line up perfect) with the front case shut?

General quality and look?

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 11:00 PM