I am really confused about upgrading my device.

I have been using the BlackBerry's awesome-est Z30 from past 3 years now and I don't think I want a pkb anymore. Yes I have had my share of curves n bolds and a torch too and their pkb was super cool but ever since I moved to BB10 Z30, fingering the screen has been fun with all the gestures. My friends from other brands also compliment on the keyboard of Z30 and wish they had there's like this one.
    But now after the launch of much hyped Keyone I am really having second thoughts . Like no one talks about dtek60 anymore. I feel like they have ditched it out. Only the ones who have it talk about it that too about the complications they are facing and have no solution too . Like no replacement for screen or camera lens as the glass on both sides make it slippery and easy prey to fall down.

So my question is should I really buy a BlackBerry dtek60 or consider Keyone or maybe go for some other brand maybe OnePlus 3T?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 10:06 AM
    Benefit of getting dtek60 would be security patch updates and BlackBerry suite software including DTEK security. Rest will go to one plus 3t. You can download cobalts BlackBerry manager for your one plus 3t.
    raysim likes this.
    05-10-17 10:11 AM
    From what I've heard they aren't getting any security patches from long time . Dtek security of course is a plus point and that is why it makes it harder to leave BlackBerry. I am just so confused.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 10:57 AM
    From what I've heard they aren't getting any security patches from long time . Dtek security of course is a plus point and that is why it makes it harder to leave BlackBerry. I am just so confused.

Posted via CB10
    I have dtek60 and BlackBerry skipped the April patch for whatever reason. No explanation but we got may 5th security patch recent. I'll be more concern about dtek60 receiving the nougat update.
    05-10-17 11:05 AM
    bb pp se

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 11:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Buy a DTEK60 if you don't mind keyboard (probable bet if you have been using a Z30 for so long) and like high end specs alongside top notch security and updates that most likely will die next year (probably in June of 2018) with Android O, Given that @Dunt Dunt Dunt, gave us an article (in German but whatever) saying that BlackBerry supports (as most diligent OEMs in the updates regard) for two years, so DTEK60 first year was getting N, next will be O, and next probably will just security patches and minor updates, Oneplus in the other hand, we don't know how diligent they are/use to be, people says that they are bad in updates just because they didn't update the Oneplus One, Two and X to N, people that buys Oneplus seem to be informed of the Android world so they should know that Qualcom "killed" the 801 and it's downhill, so they can't get N officially, but even knowing this people bash them, is surprising what people do sometimes
    05-10-17 11:14 AM
    Buy a DTEK60 if you don't mind keyboard (probable bet if you have been using a Z30 for so long) and like high end specs alongside top notch security and updates that most likely will die next year (probably in June of 2018) with Android O, Given that @Dunt Dunt Dunt, gave us an article (in German but whatever) saying that BlackBerry supports (as most diligent OEMs in the updates regard) for two years, so DTEK60 first year was getting N, next will be O, and next probably will just security patches and minor updates, Oneplus in the other hand, we don't know how diligent they are/use to be, people says that they are bad in updates just because they didn't update the Oneplus One, Two and X to N, people that buys Oneplus seem to be informed of the Android world so they should know that Qualcom "killed" the 801 and it's downhill, so they can't get N officially, but even knowing this people bash them, is surprising what people do sometimes
    Don't quote me as a source that the DTEKs will get Android O.... at this point I question if it will get Android N. Security Patches.... who knows about those, I would "expect" them to be continued for a year past the DTEK60 being pulled from "official" sales outlets. Which I'd expect that to happen soon.
    05-10-17 11:26 AM
    Don't quote me as a source that the DTEKs will get Android O.... at this point I question if it will get Android N. Security Patches.... who knows about those, I would "expect" them to be continued for a year past the DTEK60 being pulled from "official" sales outlets. Which I'd expect that to happen soon.
    I quote you because the article saying that BlackBerry supports for two years
    05-10-17 12:05 PM
    I really hope my dtek60 and priv gets nougat. I was victim of playbook
    bigedschukar likes this.
    05-10-17 12:57 PM
    I bet my Priv that we Will get Nougat, really people, chill, we Will get N, It has been discussed a ton already
    05-10-17 02:07 PM
    Thanks guys...I think I am gonna give dtek60 a shot

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-10-17 03:22 PM
    60 is getting same treatment as Z30. Better phone and ignored by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 04:34 PM
    I'm currently using a Dtek60 while I wait for the KEYone. It's an awesome phone and a great successor to the z30.
    05-10-17 04:39 PM
    I quote you because the article saying that BlackBerry supports for two years

They can support it for 2 years on android 6 technically too....
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    05-10-17 04:45 PM
    They can support it for 2 years on android 6 technically too....
    They can, but Given all the discussion that the Android N and this thread has generate, It seems unlikely
    05-10-17 04:53 PM
    Since you mentioned the OnePlus 3T a friend of mine has the OnePlus 2 (we were talking yesterday) and she is on the March 1, 2017 Android security patch level. I asked her if she would buy another OnePlus smartphone and she said no. That was before I mentioned that my BlackBerry DTEK60 is on the May 5, 2017 Android security patch level.

In terms of my experience I went from a BlackBerry Z30 to the BlackBerry DTEK60 just under two weeks ago. Based on my experience so far I wish now that I had gotten the DTEK60 at launch, but buying it at the end of April on sale was nice too. If I had to do it again I would definitely have bought it at launch. That is my two cents...

Also (don't shoot the messenger) for those who said that they can support it on Android 6 for two years if we are going to be technical Android 4.4.4 which came out on June 19, 2014 and is still to this day (May 2017) getting the monthly Android security patches.

I personally care about having the latest Android security patches (which we do), not the latest version of Android. Android 7.1.2 has been reported to be causing issues with the Pixel and the Pixel XL. I use my BlackBerry for business/work so I want it to be rock solid and stable which is why I liked BB10. Let someone else beta test Android 7 and when the final stable version comes out then I look forward to having it on my DTEK60. Also am I missing something or is there something major that you can do on Android 7 that you cannot do on Android 6?
    05-10-17 07:36 PM
    Many of us were..... As for me? x3 :-( :-( :-(
    bigedschukar likes this.
    05-10-17 08:51 PM
    Android 4.4.4 which came out on June 19, 2014 and is still to this day (May 2017) getting the monthly Android security patches
    From who?
    05-10-17 09:00 PM
    From Google. Do a search on the webpage below for 4.4.4 and you will see there are 13 issues that got security patches for Android 4.4.4 for May 2017.
    https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2017-05-01

Google is doing their job of publishing security updates, even for older versions of Android OS, but it is up to the hardware manufacturers to actually update the software for their devices with the latest Android security patch level. That was the reason I jumped from the iPhone 5s (I have two smartphones the other being the BlackBerry Z30 which I still use) back to Android with the BlackBerry DTEK60. If it was not for BlackBerry and their commitment to pushing out the monthly security patches in a timely fashion (yes April 2017 was an issue) I would not have gotten another Android smartphone but instead grudgingly gotten another iPhone.
    05-10-17 09:13 PM
    Google is doing their job of publishing security updates, even for older versions of Android OS, but it is up to the hardware manufacturers to actually update the software for their devices with the latest Android security patch level.
    Which is why I doubt any phone stuck on 4.4 is still getting monthly patches.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-10-17 09:38 PM
    That is a different issue, but I do agree with your point on that. Hence my return to the BlackBerry family.
    05-10-17 09:43 PM
    I am really confused about upgrading my device.

I have been using the BlackBerry's awesome-est Z30 from past 3 years now and I don't think I want a pkb anymore. Yes I have had my share of curves n bolds and a torch too and their pkb was super cool but ever since I moved to BB10 Z30, fingering the screen has been fun with all the gestures. My friends from other brands also compliment on the keyboard of Z30 and wish they had there's like this one.
    But now after the launch of much hyped Keyone I am really having second thoughts . Like no one talks about dtek60 anymore. I feel like they have ditched it out. Only the ones who have it talk about it that too about the complications they are facing and have no solution too . Like no replacement for screen or camera lens as the glass on both sides make it slippery and easy prey to fall down.

So my question is should I really buy a BlackBerry dtek60 or consider Keyone or maybe go for some other brand maybe OnePlus 3T?

Posted via CB10
    That OnePlus 3T is the deal of the decade! Go for it especially if you can get yourself a 128GB OnePlus 3T
    05-10-17 09:46 PM
    My galaxy tab E lite 7.0 got it, and is on 4.4.4
    05-10-17 10:18 PM
    My galaxy tab E lite 7.0 got it, and is on 4.4.4
    Interesting. So Samsung is doing a better job of supporting their tablets than their unlocked smartphones? I am going to need a new tablet at some point so that is good to know. That being said there was some talk of a Secured by BlackBerry tablet (same idea as the KEYone) so hopefully by the time I need a new tablet that will be out.
    05-11-17 08:37 AM
    Interesting. So Samsung is doing a better job of supporting their tablets than their unlocked smartphones? I am going to need a new tablet at some point so that is good to know. That being said there was some talk of a Secured by BlackBerry tablet (same idea as the KEYone) so hopefully by the time I need a new tablet that will be out.
    Spent a good chunk of cash and buy yourself a surface book, or a surface pro 4 (wait for the 5) and you will have a true tablet with power to stomp current iPad pro, next iPad pro and all the Android tablets, also it will last with an updated SO for the next 5 or whatever you want years
    05-11-17 09:58 AM
31 12