I have always thought that BlackBerry has had really weak marketing in Europe and Scandinavia in particular. I mean with all the security and privacy aware people and Sailfish OS as example of people looking for alternatives, BlackBerry Android devices should have a pretty solid chance of making it if only the marketing was done properly. Hopefully in the future...
    10-26-16 01:17 PM
    Marketing takes money. And generally you need a product that is worth marketing.

Do you get Sailfish ads there? Is Sailfish selling there? From what I've read they are still relying on investment funding to operate and that is getting harder and harder to obtain.... as the mobile OS war is pretty much down to two players now.

But going forward, just not sure how ads for Good or Athoc would play out....
    10-26-16 01:37 PM
    Marketing takes money. And generally you need a product that is worth marketing.

I would say that the last few BB products are worth the marketing...
    10-26-16 04:00 PM
    I would say that the last few BB products are worth the marketing...
    Blackberry doesn't - the last two seem to be released out of contractual obligation (they paid for them so they might as well sell them).
    10-26-16 04:16 PM
    Blackberry doesn't - the last two seem to be released out of contractual obligation (they paid for them so they might as well sell them).
    They don't have to, even if the phones are produced, approved by carriers, stocked on shelves, they can still be pulled, recalled from distribution and liquidated.

Further reading: Leo Apotheker.
    10-26-16 04:20 PM
    They don't have to, even if the phones are produced, approved by carriers, stocked on shelves, they can still be pulled, recalled from distribution and liquidated.

Further reading: Leo Apotheker.
    True - I am guessing they put them out as part of the confidence game to convince anyone licencee that its worth having a licence. I guess most of them are waiting to see what happens in Indonesia (which makes me think - nobody knows what that device will look like).
    10-26-16 04:27 PM
    This is the last BlackBerry phone that BlackBerry should handle marketing, distribution, and warranty.
    Chen would have never released if it wasn't already produced before the decision of existing hardware. There won't be carriers channels l, and I also doubt there would be other major distributors.
    I guess BlackBerry don't care anymore about sales numbers. Few months from now, they will shut down devices department all together. It would depend on licences and their plans.
    10-26-16 04:44 PM
    So many people know what Chen is going to do next, the business plan, what he should have done, shouldn't have done, should have left in, left out.

Some of you are in the wrong job. Please do send your applications into BlackBerry so they do things the right way.

[read sarcasm]
    10-26-16 04:50 PM
    DTEK60 was trending on Facebook today FWIW...
    fanBBRY and vagos2006 like this.
    10-26-16 04:52 PM