Ummm - what? Loll

Cobalt's BlackBerry manager is a portal for the official BlackBerry hub+ suite loll.

You honestly think they'd let cobalt run with his underground version along with their official suite? *facepalm.

The only thing they let him do, is the BlackBerry keyboard.

#whatisclassic
    Maybe I am missing something. Cobalts BlackBerry Manager can get everything except DTEK security. https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    02-13-17 04:20 PM
    Just curious. After you did that, did your then install the cobalt solution of its Hub+ suite of apps plus the BlackBerry keyboard app?
    After the wipe I didn't re install the BlackBerry suite. I'm the only person in my family who is BlackBerry nuts! My son has a Samsung s7 and has a problem with the screen ( it's about six months old ). He asked to borrow my s7 while his is being repaired unaware that I no longer have it. I offered him a Z30, Z10 or a Leap. He refused all of them !
    There are plenty of videos in YouTube. OIS makes huge difference. You can even run with your phone and it's still very smooth. Samsung always has been good with their camera and one of the reason that I buy them. If BlackBerry can step up their camera..
    02-14-17 02:12 AM
    Maybe I am missing something. Cobalts BlackBerry Manager can get everything except DTEK security. https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    Yes I apologize - I stand corrected.

There was a time when I had ads on my Hub, I've never used the official versions, just cobalt's. Looks like cobalt now provides the hub+ suite with ads blocked if you use his BlackBerry manager.

I stand corrected.

#whatisclassic
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-14-17 09:08 AM
    I need help.

I stupidly got myself a two year contract with a Samsung S7. The phone is OK but I've only used blackberry phones for years. I'm still using a passport SE, and was using a leap before the s7.

I was concerned by the hype about whatsapp not being available for BB10. I didn't fancy the Priv and was unaware of the two dtek handsets. Why dont they advertise?

I've downloaded the BlackBerry apps to the S7. However, it does not seem to give the 'proper' blackberry experience.

My question is this, should I sell the s7 and buy the dtek60? Will the dtek60 give me a more fluid operation or will it be no different from my current set up?

I will be grateful for any advice on this.

Aloysuis
    Short answer...yes. My stocks could use all the sales.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 06:25 PM
    Great thread. Just what I was looking for. Due for an upgrade and I am racking my brain trying to find a suitable phone. Dtek 60 intriguing but not convinced. Looked at Sony, Samsung,moto.... use a Samsung S6 for work (Not by choice) it's ok have the Hub apps on it but still not the same.... oh well search will go on. Hard to find the Dtek 60 in stores to really have a good look at it. Never really had to venture away from BlackBerry hopefully I won't have to.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 07:09 PM
    Great thread. Just what I was looking for. Due for an upgrade and I am racking my brain trying to find a suitable phone. Dtek 60 intriguing but not convinced. Looked at Sony, Samsung,moto.... use a Samsung S6 for work (Not by choice) it's ok have the Hub apps on it but still not the same.... oh well search will go on. Hard to find the Dtek 60 in stores to really have a good look at it. Never really had to venture away from BlackBerry hopefully I won't have to.

Posted via CB10
    Umm what loll

Still not the same? It's an android buddy...

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 07:17 PM
    Hi Keeter16. If it's any help I hadn't seen the dtek60. It was a leap of faith. I have and use both the dtek60 and the passport se. Whilst I like the passport I find that I'm using the dtek60 more and more and the passport less and less. I couldn't be happier with it. Yes it is android but with a twist. I don't regret ditching the S7 for the dtek60. I hope that helps.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    02-15-17 02:14 AM
    Aloysuis thanks indeed good to know. Definitely leaning to the Dtek60 for the Hub and keyboard factor. From all accounts I have read it performs well. Have the Leap and Passport as well that I have just grown accustom to. Jumping into the android world is just different than the switch to the BB10 world way back when.

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 11:30 AM
208 ... 789