First, the S7Edge is the comparable to the DTEK60.

Second, I am only comparing those two.

Third, I said it was a no-brainer UNLESS you want to pay extra for a better low-light camera.
    THe s7 Edge is as comparable as the S7 non-edge. Unless 0,4 inches is a whole different category now. But I went do double check, and looking closer the 600€ (589€) was actually for the S7 edge, the non-edge is 530€

It's a no brainer UNLESS if you want to pay for the better low light camera, lighter phone, wireless charge, heart rate sensor, Samsung badge (it's worth something), better processor (if you can get the 8890), and the best amoled screen. And 600mah more battery if you go for the Edge version....

The only things that's a no brainer here is your bias twards the Dtek60.
    12-02-16 03:52 PM
    THe s7 Edge is as comparable as the S7 non-edge. Unless 0,4 inches is a whole different category now. But I went do double check, and looking closer the 600� was actually for the S7 edge, the non-edge is 530�

It's a no brainer UNLESS if you want to pay for the better low light camera, lighter phone, wireless charge, heart rate sensor, Samsung badge (it's worth something), better processor (if you can get the 8890), and the best amoled screen. And 600mah more battery if you go for the Edge version....

The only things that's a no brainer here is your bias twards the Dtek60.
    Clearly the argument would be different in a market where the S7Edge is cheaper.

But in NA, it's not even close.

$400 CDN more in Canada
    $230 USD more in USA
    12-02-16 04:00 PM
    As a DTEK60 owner, even I could recommend the S7 if the phones were the same price or if S7 was cheaper. The BlackBerry has the better software, security updates, better speakers, is newer, etc. But the S7 has the better camera, water resistance, Samsung Pay, better screen, wireless charging, etc.

I think S7 is the more appropriate comp than the S7 Edge for two reasons:
    1. both DTEK60 and S7 are regular screens, whereas the Edge has the curved edges (which can be annoying IMO)

2. The Sammies have the navigation buttons on the bezel, not the screen. So the Edge's 5.5" is effectively bigger than the DTEK60's 5.5"... I wouldn't be surprised if the regular S7 has about the same usable screen real estate as the DTEK60.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 01:38 AM
    Do you carry your DSLR with you 24/7?
    Its always with me. Either in my hand or in my car
    12-03-16 02:14 AM
    Its always with me. Either in my hand or in my car
    What camera do carry? surely can't be a Full-frame+24-70, or your back would be ruined pretty soon if you carried it all the time
    12-04-16 03:25 PM
    A Canon 7D with a 40mm pancaks lens at the moment. But 17-55 f2.8 or a 24 -105 mm. I use a hand strap easier to carry
    12-04-16 05:14 PM
    What camera do carry? surely can't be a Full-frame+24-70, or your back would be ruined pretty soon if you carried it all the time
    It's like 2-4 pounds unless you are carrying a giant zoom lens. Can you not carry 2-4 pounds?
    12-04-16 05:26 PM
    That's all very cool but canada isn't the center of the world, and you (pretty much like me) are not the role model of the human being.

Your mileage may vary depending on where you live and what are your preferences. The dtek60 costs 650� in Europe, you can get the regular S7 "non-edge" for less than 600�. So is it a no brainer still?

You have 1 replaceable lens camera, I have 3 of those + a dedicated video camera, because I do photography/video for a living. And you know what? When I'm out without working, I never have any of those with me, I just the use the cell phone for an instant picture, and I don't care much about smartphone cameras.
    With that, there are PLENTY of people that got rid of their point and shoot, and their smartphone camera is the only camera they own, and I'm sure you know plenty of those. Of course those, when buying a phone, the camera will be more important than for example you and me.

So there is no such thing as "no brainer" between 2 products that offer different strenghts. One is NOT superior to the other, in a way that you can simply recomend it for everyone. If your things is value for money, then you don't go dtek60, you go Oneplus 3 T, that is head and shoulders above the dtek60 in almost every specification.

Is the OP3 a "no brainer" over the Dtek60? No... For most people might be, but OP3 doesn't seem to offer the security that the Dtek60 has, therefore for the consumer that is looking after security, the Dtek60 could be a better value.
    Ooh, I know those people, they are the ones where when showing you photos of a once-in-a-lifetime event like their kid's graduation, it's some really crappy photo that has been digitally zoomed of someone that resembles their kid on a big stage. :-D

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-04-16 06:53 PM
    It's like 2-4 pounds unless you are carrying a giant zoom lens. Can you not carry 2-4 pounds?
    I can, I can carry 100 pounds no problem. but when you carry something "all the time", even small weight does impact your anatomy.

Go pick those "2-4" pounds and do a 18h wedding, then let me know. And go ask some professional photographers about their back and shoulder problems. That's why there are some more "healthy" equipment that helps those kind of prefessionals carry their equipment in a way.
    I do regular exercise to prevent health problems related to carrying heavy photo/video equipment

or just ask your osteopath.
    12-04-16 10:41 PM
    This is my first half day using the dtek60. In my opinion it's better than the s7. It's slicker and more responsive. It's acting like a blackberry should. The BlackBerry downloads onto the s7 were OK but nothing like the real thing. Call quality is good. Emails ,texts everything about it seems so much better. So in reality I've answered my own question. I will continue to update my thoughts and my experience. But curry on the first day is brilliant.
    12-05-16 11:30 AM
    This is my first half day using the dtek60. In my opinion it's better than the s7. It's slicker and more responsive. It's acting like a blackberry should. The BlackBerry downloads onto the s7 were OK but nothing like the real thing. Call quality is good. Emails ,texts everything about it seems so much better. So in reality I've answered my own question. I will continue to update my thoughts and my experience. But curry on the first day is brilliant.
    Yes. Touchwiz is the thorn in the S7's side.
    12-05-16 11:43 AM
    I've used the dtek60 all day today. The battery is now 41%. The Samsung s7 would be about 20% or less. So the battery appears better for starters. Without question the experience of the dtek60 so far is way better than the Samsung s7.
    12-06-16 01:55 PM
    Neither. Android is junk. Buy a reasonably priced mid to low end device and don't feel bad about $$$ spent once you start to hate the phone.
    12-06-16 02:27 PM
    Having just sold my S7 Edge I'd say DTEK60 all the way unless you want to blow the $$$ on a Pixel

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 02:28 PM
    Both samsung and DTEK tested, returned to passport, android is unsafe hardware with all this ads. Samsung was definitely better....

Thank you, android is not for me!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 02:17 AM
    I have used my dtek60 for about three full days now. I love this phone. In my opinion the dtek60 blows the Samsung s7 out of the water. It's more tactile and seems to work better. I can't leave it alone. I can't wait to use it for texts or emails. It's such a joy to use. The call quality is also so much better than the Samsung. I'm very glad that I made the switch. The dtek60 is probably one of the best handsets that BlackBerry have made.
    12-08-16 04:00 PM
    Yes DTEK probably blows PRIV.....!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 03:36 AM
    S7 is the best, way better then BlackDroid. 2 of my friends came from Leap got Dtek50, used it for a month and they exchanged it for S7 ... they are now loving it.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 02:32 AM
    Yes I had the dtek50 ,and I sold it now I use the dtek60 awesome phone will not leave BlackBerry again no friggen way for Samsung then boom no thanx cheers
    12-19-16 07:29 AM
    S7 is the best, way better then BlackDroid. 2 of my friends came from Leap got Dtek50, used it for a month and they exchanged it for S7 ... they are now loving it.

Posted via CB10
    You can't compare the DTEK50 and the S7. That's unfair. The DTEK60 is the S7 "killer" (comparable).
    Last edited by conite; 12-19-16 at 08:23 AM.
    RichardAitch likes this.
    12-19-16 08:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ummm... way different price points... as I recall on Black Friday (the last time I was phone shopping): Leap $211, Dtek50 $299, Samsung S7 $729. I ended up buying the Dtek50. My girlfriend has the Samsung S7, nice camera but I prefer the grippier dtek and would say that it is the best bang for the buck of the three.

The above prices, Canadian, unlocked from the factory.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 12:32 PM
    The DTEK60 is the S7 "killer"
    No wireless charging, no RGB LED, no water resistance, sub par camera, no brand value, etc. yeah, it's an "S7 Killer" LOL
    12-19-16 01:13 PM
    No wireless charging, no RGB LED, no water resistance, sub par camera, no brand value, etc. yeah, it's an "S7 Killer" LOL
    Hahahaha +1... good one

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 01:30 PM
    I said that facetiously obviously. But my point was that the DTEK50 is not the comparable.

That said, I'd take a DTEK60 over an S7 Edge any day. It's not worth the substantial extra cost, and I prefer the BlackBerry take on Android to Touchwiz.
    12-19-16 01:43 PM
    Also, S7 has much faster SSD. Better amoled screen as well. I really like S7 hardware but I do like dtek60's blackberry Suites.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 02:32 PM
208 ... 45678 ...