I used the S7 for several months and have used the dtek60 for a couple of months now. The S7 is a great handset. But imho the dtek60 is so much better. I like the interface which works so much more smoothly on a blackberry than it did on the S7. So I have now answered my own question. I use a passport se alongside the dtek60 and, although I like the physical keyboard, I actually prefer the dtek60.
    12-21-16 11:39 PM
    S7 anytime better then Dtek60. Period.

Posted via CB10
    100 percent!!! I installed nougat beta on s7 edge, it's really fantastic, it's flying and the battery with the heavy use plus edge applications plus AOD wallpaper still showing 32 percent in the late evening.

DTEK 60 is just a regular hybrid, neither blackberry nor android.
    I personally prefer passport more than any other phone. Now jumping between s7 and passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 04:51 AM
    100 percent!!! I installed nougat beta on s7 edge, it's really fantastic, it's flying and the battery with the heavy use plus edge applications plus AOD wallpaper still showing 32 percent in the late evening.

DTEK 60 is just a regular hybrid, neither blackberry nor android.
    I personally prefer passport more than any other phone. Now jumping between s7 and passport.

Posted via CB10
    One of my friend got Dtek60 used it for a week and got replaced by S7, he was using Passport and wanted to try BlackBerry android, but within a week he replaced it with S7, now he switch between Passport and S7
    He told me that Dtek60 is a nice phone but doesn't feel the Premium in hand and wasn't impressed what BlackBerry had done with Android. Specially Hub. Now he is rocking with his Passport and S7 (for Apps)

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 09:52 AM
    Does anyone have the S7 with the BlackBerry apps; Hub, Calendar etc?

Would be interested as to the performance. For me the 60 is lasting 2 days easily on average use and that for me is just great.

Cheers
    12-27-16 03:17 PM
    I own both and have BlackBerry apps on the S7. Although I have spent more time making sure the DTEK60 is optimized for battery life versus the S7 the battery life is similar.

On really light use days I can get 2 days out of a charge for either one.
    12-27-16 04:36 PM
    Final pole flagship 2016

1. Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    2. Google Pixel XL
    3. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    4. OnePlus 3T
    5. Huawei Mate 9
    6. LG V20
    7. BlackBerry DTEK60
    8. Sony Xperia XZ
    9. Lenovo Moto Z
    10. HTC 10

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 02:12 AM
    If you guys could get an S7 for the same price as a Dtek60, which would you choose?
    02-08-17 10:14 AM
    my DTEK60 Screen is cheap. Finish rubbing off, and scratched to all hell. Never had a phone scratch before. BlackBerry Help was horrible, and BlackBerry acknowledged they have a screen issue, but refused to fix mine after they said they would. They offered one of their old man cases instead. Good phone, cheap quality.
    02-08-17 04:24 PM
    If you guys could get an S7 for the same price as a Dtek60, which would you choose?
    S7 hands down - better size, better build, better software, better camera.

Not just better camera but was in contention for best camera with the iphone 7 plus and Pixel

Add in the Hub+ suite plus all the additional features from touchwiz (they've greatly polished it up) there's nothing about the dtek60 other than the hard security features that make it worth while over the S7 if they cost the same.

#whatisclassic
    02-08-17 04:46 PM
    S7 had much better screen, flash memory, camera. If it's same price, it's no brainer, but again where do you find brand new s7 for $450?
    02-08-17 04:58 PM
    S7 had much better screen, flash memory, camera. If it's same price, it's no brainer, but again where do you find brand new s7 for $450?
    During promos and sales. I got mine for $540 cad all in.

Some people even got theirs with gear fit 2's and gear vr's thrown in for free. They also ran a promo where they gave a free speaker set if you were upgrading from older samsung devices.

#whatisclassic
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-08-17 05:08 PM
    Well I gave my Samsung S7 edge to my daughter. IMHO the dtek60 far surpasses the S7. I like the security, the way it feels, in fact the complete user experience. So if they were the same price I would go for the dtek60 every time.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    02-08-17 05:17 PM
    Well I gave my Samsung S7 edge to my daughter. IMHO the dtek60 far surpasses the S7. I like the security, the way it feels, in fact the complete user experience. So if they were the same price I would go for the dtek60 every time.
    I guess we need more people like you so Samsung can drop more price I wish DTEK60 had quality hardware like Samsung but then price will be much higher.
    02-08-17 05:42 PM
    I've saw some new ones on eBay in the $500 range. $50 more because of the promo. But the Dtek60 seems like a good phone. The lack of OIS kinda concerns me.
    02-09-17 11:09 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys
    02-09-17 11:09 AM
    How big of an impact does lack of OIS have on camera and video quality? Particularly videos (shaking, etc)
    02-13-17 11:08 AM
    How big of an impact does lack of OIS have on camera and video quality? Particularly videos (shaking, etc)
    There are plenty of videos in YouTube. OIS makes huge difference. You can even run with your phone and it's still very smooth. Samsung always has been good with their camera and one of the reason that I buy them. If BlackBerry can step up their camera..
    02-13-17 11:50 AM
    There are plenty of videos in YouTube. OIS makes huge difference. You can even run with your phone and it's still very smooth. Samsung always has been good with their camera and one of the reason that I buy them. If BlackBerry can step up their camera..
    Ok cool thanks! I was thinking if BlackBerry would have included that, the Dtek60 would be nearly perfect. It's a shame it was left out, but I guess something had to be in order for it to be $499 (now $449).
    02-13-17 12:00 PM
    Ok cool thanks! I was thinking if BlackBerry would have included that, the Dtek60 would be nearly perfect. It's a shame it was left out, but I guess something had to be in order for it to be $499 (now $449).
    Yeah, I have a go pro for taking action videos, because I want it to turn out good. My phone is a tool I use for many things, but a great camera at sub $250 is too easy to get and make using a phone to record seem insufficient(unless I'm at someone's birthday party watching them blow out candles, or the like).
    02-13-17 12:36 PM
    I much prefer the UI of the BlackBerry Android world, so I would personally choose the DTEK60. But the S7 is a great device and can be loads of fun with VR. I felt the fun of VR died quickly though.

BlackBerry's minimalistic Android and focus on productivity is what draws me in.
    02-13-17 12:51 PM
    From initial views of the dtek 60 it's a very good handset. And I prefer it to the s7. I've only used it on WiFi and have to say that it's fast and very responsive. Certainly on a par with the s7. There is no advertising on the hub either. The hub on s7 seems to carry lots of ads which annoys me beyond words. BB10 was a brilliant os and still is. So far I like the integration of blackberry and Android .
    To the OP, it's good to hear you're happy with your DTEK60. As for your daughter's S7, have you completely deleted the Hub+ suite apps you got from the Play Store? I ask this because I initially downloaded these on my LG V20 but was not happy with the ads, and right now I've decided not to pay BlackBerry. But for my subsequent Android device, a Galaxy J3, I went straight for cobalt's Hub+ solution, and, importantly. The BlackBerry keyboard app.

Does anyone know if you delete/uninstall the BlackBerry Hub+ suite in its entirety whether a subsequent cobalt install of the ad-free Hub+ suite would work on the S7? If so, I suggest the OP try that for his daughter's device.
    02-13-17 01:13 PM
    Yes cobalt BlackBerry Manager won't have ad on hub. Make sure you uninstall your previous hub before.
    02-13-17 01:48 PM
    Yes cobalt BlackBerry Manager won't have ad on hub. Make sure you uninstall your previous hub before.
    Ummm - what? Loll

Cobalt's BlackBerry manager is a portal for the official BlackBerry hub+ suite loll.

You honestly think they'd let cobalt run with his underground version along with their official suite? *facepalm.

The only thing they let him do, is the BlackBerry keyboard.

#whatisclassic
    02-13-17 02:32 PM
    When I gave my S7 to my daughter I gave it a factory reset.
    02-13-17 02:36 PM
    When I gave my S7 to my daughter I gave it a factory reset.
    Just curious. After you did that, did your then install the cobalt solution of its Hub+ suite of apps plus the BlackBerry keyboard app?
    02-13-17 03:56 PM
208 ... 6789