I need help.

I stupidly got myself a two year contract with a Samsung S7. The phone is OK but I've only used blackberry phones for years. I'm still using a passport SE, and was using a leap before the s7.

I was concerned by the hype about whatsapp not being available for BB10. I didn't fancy the Priv and was unaware of the two dtek handsets. Why dont they advertise?

I've downloaded the BlackBerry apps to the S7. However, it does not seem to give the 'proper' blackberry experience.

My question is this, should I sell the s7 and buy the dtek60? Will the dtek60 give me a more fluid operation or will it be no different from my current set up?

I will be grateful for any advice on this.

Aloysuis
    11-21-16 05:25 PM
    I love my DTEK 60....not sure I love Android but the phone is fluid and has good battery life. I think having the hub and that biting BlackBerry helps with the transition. Only reason to go with the S7 would be if you want a smaller phone...it is more of a Z30 size where the DTEK 60 is just that little bit wider.
    hoangphuong00 likes this.
    11-21-16 05:31 PM
    You will get the DTEK app, the productivity tab for peek, the swipe up gestures from anywhere, the task switcher screen similar to BB10, and the generally faster security updates.

The only downside is that you will get a great, but not spectacular camera on the DTEK60.

But you can buy a DTEK60 AND a proper camera for the price of the S7.
    11-21-16 05:31 PM
    if you can sell the S7 for enough to cover the dtek60 then go for it. You will probably have to pay off the contract for the s7 first though or you can run into issues
    TGR1 likes this.
    11-21-16 05:52 PM
    DTEK60 all day everyday
    11-21-16 05:55 PM
    Thank you for your replies. To be honest I'm BlackBerry nuts and felt disloyal getting a Samsung in any event.

Is the dtek60 really that much wider than the s7? I've not been able to to see a hands on comparison as yet. I can only see one in Selfridges and haven't had the opportunity to go there.

So an online auction for the Samsung it seems....
    andy957 likes this.
    11-21-16 05:56 PM
    Thank you for your replies. To be honest I'm BlackBerry nuts and felt disloyal getting a Samsung in any event.

Is the dtek60 really that much wider than the s7? I've not been able to to see a hands on comparison as yet. I can only see one in Selfridges and haven't had the opportunity to go there.

So an online auction for the Samsung it seems....
    DTEK60 is 6mm wider, and 13g heavier. But you get a 5.5" screen instead of 5.1".
    11-21-16 06:13 PM
    I need help.

I stupidly got myself a two year contract with a Samsung S7. The phone is OK but I've only used blackberry phones for years. I'm still using a passport SE, and was using a leap before the s7.

I was concerned by the hype about whatsapp not being available for BB10. I didn't fancy the Priv and was unaware of the two dtek handsets. Why dont they advertise?

I've downloaded the BlackBerry apps to the S7. However, it does not seem to give the 'proper' blackberry experience.

My question is this, should I sell the s7 and buy the dtek60? Will the dtek60 give me a more fluid operation or will it be no different from my current set up?

I will be grateful for any advice on this.

Aloysuis
    I sold my Sasmung edge S7 and got two passports instead. Whatsapp is working fine for another six months. BlackBerry is still the best for me. I think dtek60 is a great android solution but to buy it just for whatsapp is a bit worry over the top.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and bb624 like this.
    11-21-16 06:24 PM
    I do like Android, but I still think that for Blackberry phones, Blackberry OS was the best! If Blackberry makes a phone with their OS - I will buy it!
    bigjman and SlcCorrado like this.
    11-21-16 07:54 PM
    Why dont they advertise?
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-22-16 02:47 AM
    You will get the DTEK app, the productivity tab for peek, the swipe up gestures from anywhere, the task switcher screen similar to BB10, and the generally faster security updates.

The only downside is that you will get a great, but not spectacular camera on the DTEK60.

But you can buy a DTEK60 AND a proper camera for the price of the S7.
    Hello. What do you mean "task switcher" ? What is this?
    11-22-16 02:54 AM
    Hello. What do you mean "task switcher" ? What is this?
    It's the active frame screen.
    11-22-16 06:34 AM
    It's the active frame screen.
    Ok. Thank you.
    11-22-16 07:07 AM
    Whatsapp is working fine for another six months. BlackBerry is still the best for me. I think dtek60 is a great android solution but to buy it just for whatsapp is a bit worry over the top.
    Posted via CB10
    I got a DTEK60 because Whatsapp was no longer going to be supported on my passport (and I was sick of apps not working properly or updating (Waze, Score Mobile, Instagram, etc).

DTEK60 is good, but it's not great. I'm happy with all the apps, android is pretty good. but ya, i'm just not excited by it. and my battery life kind of sucks. Full day is best case. 6AM to 11PM with moderate use will mean a totally discharged battery. If I was going out that night I'd need to stop for a charge. Less than impressed. I know it's not BB's fault... it's the software, but that's what's on it, so it is the phone experience in general.
    Jayasheelan likes this.
    11-22-16 07:56 AM
    I got a DTEK60 because Whatsapp was no longer going to be supported on my passport (and I was sick of apps not working properly or updating (Waze, Score Mobile, Instagram, etc).

DTEK60 is good, but it's not great. I'm happy with all the apps, android is pretty good. but ya, i'm just not excited by it. and my battery life kind of sucks. Full day is best case. 6AM to 11PM with moderate use will mean a totally discharged battery. If I was going out that night I'd need to stop for a charge. Less than impressed. I know it's not BB's fault... it's the software, but that's what's on it, so it is the phone experience in general.
    Remove all the apps you don't have on BB10 and battery life on the DTEK60 will blow it out of the water.
    11-22-16 07:58 AM
    Remove all the apps you don't have on BB10 and battery life on the DTEK60 will blow it out of the water.
    lol that really solves the problem. Maybe i should switch to an old flip phone. battery life will be killer!

i'm not comparing battery life between phones. just saying, when the phone is used to it's full capability, battery life isn't very good. it's acceptable, but that's just the way it is. battery technology is a joke. really cant keep up with the rest of technology.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-22-16 08:07 AM
    lol that really solves the problem. Maybe i should switch to an old flip phone. battery life will be killer!

i'm not comparing battery life between phones. just saying, when the phone is used to it's full capability, battery life isn't very good. it's acceptable, but that's just the way it is. battery technology is a joke. really cant keep up with the rest of technology.
    Use QC3 chargers. In a matter of just a few minutes, you can be back to near full charge. It's actually quite amazing.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-22-16 08:14 AM
    Off topic

Can we use blackberry swipe up gestures in non blackberry Android phones by installing any blackberry app
    11-22-16 08:22 AM
    Off topic

Can we use blackberry swipe up gestures in non blackberry Android phones by installing any blackberry app
    Nope....
    11-22-16 08:23 AM
    Nope....
    Thanks but disappointed
    11-22-16 08:25 AM
    Thanks but disappointed
    Then just get a Blackberry Android device then.
    MoosePuncher likes this.
    11-22-16 08:26 AM
    Pretty good sale on the Priv and the DTEK50 going on right now at shopblackberry.com
    11-22-16 08:27 AM
    I'm presented Samsung s7 edge
    11-22-16 08:35 AM
    I'm presented Samsung s7 edge
    Google how to get rid of all the Samsung bloat. Then you may wish to investigate other launchers that have swipe gestures.
    babugaru1 and zensen like this.
    11-22-16 08:39 AM
    Use QC3 chargers. In a matter of just a few minutes, you can be back to near full charge. It's actually quite amazing.
    Are the 2 chargers that came with it not QC3? It's still silly that I need to bring around chargers with me to last a full day.
    11-22-16 09:31 AM
208 123 ...