Hey all,

I don't have a Dtek60 yet but it will likely be under my Christmas tree.

I've heard good things about Nova Launcher prime. It's on sale for .99$ in the play store right now...

I'm new to android so a few questions for those in the know:
    - does this replace the BB launcher, or can they co-exist?
    - if you can only choose one, is it easy to go back to the BB launcher if Nova is not your cup of tea?
    - is there a good reason to use Nova? Seems like the BB launcher is pretty good and supports gestures etc...

Just wondering if getting this is a good idea or a waste with a Dtek60.

Thanks!
    12-18-16 11:59 AM
    They can go exist, you switch from the Device Settings,

It's p**s easy to go back, takes 10 seconds,

Nova is very flexible and a all round good launcher, maybe try the non Prime version from store before buying the full version?
    12-18-16 12:32 PM
    Hey all,

I don't have a Dtek60 yet but it will likely be under my Christmas tree.

I've heard good things about Nova Launcher prime. It's on sale for .99$ in the play store right now...

I'm new to android so a few questions for those in the know:
    - does this replace the BB launcher, or can they co-exist?
    - if you can only choose one, is it easy to go back to the BB launcher if Nova is not your cup of tea?
    - is there a good reason to use Nova? Seems like the BB launcher is pretty good and supports gestures etc...

Just wondering if getting this is a good idea or a waste with a Dtek60.

Thanks!
    I always use Nova. Great sale on now that I would take advantage of. Nova has a lot of features, way more than the bb launcher.

Having said that I like a couple of things from the bb launcher. Swipe from the home button and the productivity tab. Both of these features still work with Nova.

Once you give Nova a try you will see what the hype is about. It has a lot of small features that make a huge difference. Padding a widget for instance is a great feature that I love. Makes the widget go all the way to the end of the screen.
    12-18-16 12:54 PM
    I think Nova is very decent. On sale right now I believe so worth the $1 to try.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    12-20-16 07:04 AM
    Nova is a nice launcher with a few cool features such as having more than 5 icons in the dock, dragging the dock up to access the app drawer, and the ability to edit the icon names. Some of the BlackBerry's features such as the swipe shortcuts and the Productivity Tab also work with Nova. However, not able to do popup widget and SmartLock not working is too much of a sacrifice for me. I continue to use BlackBerry's as my default launcher but switch to Nova every now and then just for the heck of it.

Edit 1: Got SmartLock to work on Nova. A workaround that requires you to give Nova permission to change system settings. And you have to wait 5 sec for the screen to lock.

Edit 2: Downloaded an app to create popup widgets by making home screen shortcuts that work like popup widgets. Although its implementation is not as elegant as the BB Launcher's, but it does allow for cool customizations such as resizing and repositioning of the popup window on the fly. So now I can conclude that with a bit of workaround, Nova can do everything BB Launcher can that matters to me. I am comfortable to use Nova as my default launcher for an extended period of time to see how it works out.
    Last edited by YeemanBB; 12-23-16 at 02:34 PM.
    12-20-16 11:15 PM
    I use Nova and Smartlock work great with my Pebble steel watch
    12-22-16 04:56 AM
    BB Launcher became very slow to me recently, with up to 3 seconds delays. I've installed Nova and it's day and night difference. I do hope the native gets better though, cause if it does I'll switch back.

I'd say go for it, not necessarily for functionality, but also because sometimes we like to try new things.
    12-22-16 06:25 PM
    I really like bb launcher. in like the 3d touch
    12-22-16 07:45 PM
    BlackBerry launcher is great but Nova blows it away. Plus you still get the great BlackBerry features such as the Productivity tab and gesture shortcuts when using Nova. And if you liked the legacy BlackBerry OS themes, you'll love Nova. At a buck, it's a steal.
    12-22-16 08:27 PM
    BlackBerry launcher is great but Nova blows it away. Plus you still get the great BlackBerry features such as the Productivity tab and gesture shortcuts when using Nova. And if you liked the legacy BlackBerry OS themes, you'll love Nova. At a buck, it's a steal.
    Agreed. Nova is far superior when you take the time to dive into its features.
    12-23-16 03:52 PM
    What's this "productivity tab" you're talking about?

Anyway, so after paying $1 and a few days of exploring Nova Launcher Prime from the play store, i've come to the conclusion that Nova Launcher is probably the closest thing to giving the BB10 feel with the gestures. One thing that is absent though is sliding your finger along the page dot indicators to move to the page you want. (PLEASE lets ALL email Nova Launcher and request that this feature be added!) That's something exclusive to BB Launcher right now unfortunately. However, Since I have BB Launcher installed in conjunction with Nova Launcher, I can still place the BB Shortcut icons on NOVA!! However, not all of them work like Wifi/on/off and a few others (I get a "permission denied" bubble that pops up)

I have "swipe up" gesture to take me to my default page where i can just swipe over to access my Hub on my left, and I even changed the App Drawer Icon to be a Blackberry Logo! Also there's an option for "Padded Widgets" which stretches the widget to the edges of your screen making it look much nicer!

I also LOVE double tap to lock screen instead of the lock screen shortcut icon.

check out my screenshots below
    Attachment 414832 Attachment 414831
    12-25-16 05:59 AM