Looks like Daniel Bader is reviewing the DTEK60. On his twitter he posted a tweet about Winds network and in the photo it looks like he has the LG V20 and DTEK60.

I say bad news because if anyone has read this guys stuff you'd know by now he's a hardcore apple ecosystem imore user(also incredibly bias to apple as well), but for whatever reason is allowed to review other brands products. He also was bizarrely overly negative about the DTEK50 in his overview of that phone on androidcentral given it was a 299USD product. He also goes on other media networks(cbc) and questions blackberry not really being canadian anymore....

So regardless if DTEK60 is a powerhouse with fantastic specs, don't expect a positive reviews from Androidcentral with this guy reviewing anything BlackBerry related.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    rolojr1 likes this.
    10-01-16 09:34 AM
    Can you link to the tweet please?
    10-01-16 10:11 AM
    His handle is @journeydan

10-01-16 11:06 AM
    Pretty sure that is the DTEK 50. Notice has small the screen size is compared to the V20.
    10-01-16 11:09 AM
    10-01-16 11:11 AM
    Pretty sure that is the DTEK 50. Notice has small the screen size is compared to the V20.
    Hope you're right. I don't understand how that guy is allowed to review anything other than apple at Mobile Nations. He is a hardcore apple guy, its like Rene Ritchie reviewing BlackBerry, android, and windows stuff. Lowers MN's cred.

10-01-16 12:00 PM
    This thread is is so wrong for many reasons lol

how do we even know this is a DTEK? Could be the idol maybe. And he didnt even say anything bad about the phone!

also he is an editor at android central i think so yeah having a android for review wouldnt be strange at all.

Admit it you just wanted to bash him didnt you.
    10-01-16 12:11 PM
    Yep. This guy is one of the most anti BlackBerry guys on mobile nations. I don't know why Bla1ze wouldn't be the one reviewing it.

Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-01-16 05:12 PM
    lol Haha. totally agree with howarmat
    10-01-16 06:38 PM
    The least of which it being a DTEK60. lol
    10-01-16 07:41 PM
    That means nothing. I can run the speedtest on my iPad, and get two wildly different readings within moments of each other.

10-02-16 10:26 AM
    I have to agree with the above poster on that one. I've done tests on multiple devices and all came up with different results lol
    10-02-16 12:04 PM
    Don't really expect much time being given to the DTEK60 anyway... if it get's mentioned it will be good.

But the simple fact BlackBerry pretty much just exited the hardware business... is enough reason for most in the tech world and just about all consumers... to ignore it. Other than point out why it was probably a good idea to close their doors... It's a reference model from a supplier that most here would never buy their TV's or other appliance.
    10-03-16 07:31 AM
    to be fair Android Central's reviews tend to be massively sugar coated to the point of being misleading.

Their Truezoom review was laughable
    10-03-16 08:20 AM
    The phone on the left of the pic, I'm assuming V20 looks like a big Z10 from how the top bezel / speaker looks lol

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 08:53 AM
    Don't really expect much time being given to the DTEK60 anyway... if it get's mentioned it will be good.

But the simple fact BlackBerry pretty much just exited the hardware business... is enough reason for most in the tech world and just about all consumers... to ignore it. Other than point out why it was probably a good idea to close their doors... It's a reference model from a supplier that most here would never buy their TV's or other appliance.
    Never underestimated a toronto hipsters chance to bash blackberry. They're wannabe williamsberg/silicon valley types.

10-03-16 09:05 AM
    His reviews are horrible though. He's like the Caillou of phone reviewers.
    For honest reviews I recommend Jaime Rivera (pocketnow), Erica Griffin, and Cam Bunton (phone dog).
    Randal Yandal and darkehawke like this.
    10-03-16 09:08 AM
    His reviews are horrible though. He's like the Caillou of phone reviewers.
    For honest reviews I recommend Jaime Rivera (pocketnow), Erica Griffin, and Cam Bunton (phone dog).
    Pocketnow is a great place for fairly accurate phone reviews although I prefer Juan for the reviews.
    MKBHD is great for general reviews too.
    And Techradar used to be the most unbiased, but some level of bias is creeping in these days. Their reviews are normally fairly accurate though. Web reviews that is not video reviews
    10-03-16 09:32 AM
    Pocketnow is a great place for fairly accurate phone reviews although I prefer Juan for the reviews.
    MKBHD is great for general reviews too.
    And Techradar used to be the most unbiased, but some level of bias is creeping in these days. Their reviews are normally fairly accurate though. Web reviews that is not video reviews
    Im actually really enjoying technobuffalo especially when Jon is reviewing. His iphone 7 review is by far the most honest review of an iphone you will ever see.

10-03-16 10:28 AM

how do we even know this is a DTEK? Could be the idol maybe. And he didnt even say anything bad about the phone!

also he is an editor at android central i think so yeah having a android for review wouldnt be strange at all.

Admit it you just wanted to bash him didnt you.
    I respectfully disagree. I don't think anyone buys for a second he is an 'android guy'. He's a locked in apple ecosystem guy. Which again it totally fine just i think saying he's a android guy is disingenuous imho for Mobile Nations to do. Saying I just wanna bash someone because I'm simply pointing out the obvious problem here is not really fair to me I think.

That said perhaps you guys are right about the phone being a dtek50 (admittedly its hard to tell it being paired beside such a mammoth phone like the V20), I guess we will find out when the android central review posts haha.

10-03-16 10:35 AM
    That's like Anderson Cooper reviewing Donald Trump....

BlackBerry Leap.
    10-03-16 02:41 PM