Hi folks!

Had a bit of a nightmare on Sunday. Reached forwards to tie my shoelaces, and out of my coat pocket fell my phone (a Motorola X Style). It only dropped a couple of feet, but CRACK - the screen shattered somewhat pathetically, leaving me with a barely - functioning phone.

Rather than repair the screen, I decided to sell it (as damaged) on eBay.

There seems to be an unbelievable, quite depressing lack of choice these days for mobile handsets. It came down to either the OnePlus 3T, or the DTEK60.

I plumped for the DTEK60, as didn't really fancy going back to a 1080p screen.

First impressions are decent. It feels quicker than the X Style. The new USB Type C is nice. I like the little side charging indicator.

Build quality feels good. I bought the StilGut leather case, as don't want to risk destroying this one!

Downsides - only one so far. I'm really not a big fan of AMOLED colours. They just don't look natural to my eyes.

Overall, liking the phone on day one, and hoping it'll keep me distracted from looking at my bank balance!
    herbersh likes this.
    02-20-17 12:37 PM
    You'll get used to the AMOLED screen soon enough. That was my experience though after I had the same reservations.

Posted via CB10
    Deckard79 likes this.
    02-20-17 12:49 PM
    Welcome home!
    Deckard79 likes this.
    02-20-17 01:01 PM
    Hi folks!

Had a bit of a nightmare on Sunday. Reached forwards to tie my shoelaces, and out of my coat pocket fell my phone (a Motorola X Style). It only dropped a couple of feet, but CRACK - the screen shattered somewhat pathetically, leaving me with a barely - functioning phone.

Rather than repair the screen, I decided to sell it (as damaged) on eBay.

There seems to be an unbelievable, quite depressing lack of choice these days for mobile handsets. It came down to either the OnePlus 3T, or the DTEK60.

I plumped for the DTEK60, as didn't really fancy going back to a 1080p screen.

First impressions are decent. It feels quicker than the X Style. The new USB Type C is nice. I like the little side charging indicator.

Build quality feels good. I bought the StilGut leather case, as don't want to risk destroying this one!

Downsides - only one so far. I'm really not a big fan of AMOLED colours. They just don't look natural to my eyes.

Overall, liking the phone on day one, and hoping it'll keep me distracted from looking at my bank balance!
    Yes I didn't like the AMOLED colours either.... but hey, even Apple is making the move, so it must be ok now

Welcome back...
    02-20-17 02:28 PM