I switched over from a note 5 to a dtek60 a month ago and whilst I do miss the stylus and quality camera, I can't fault the device for anything. Solid build, great battery and excellent software integration.
    03-11-17 05:57 PM
    Would of been nice if the DTEK60 was IP58 or IP67 rated.
    03-12-17 12:11 AM
    Been using an iPhone 6 for a month. I'm in hell. I am amazed at the level of sincere hatred that I harbour for this device..... I'm selling it and going back to my Z10. I have no idea why apple sells so many phones, in my opinion it doesn't do anything very well other than **** me off. And they have no shortage of crappy apps that crash unexpectedly. I will be going to a DTek as soon as possible. How blackberry went bust almost while apple took over the world of phones is beyond me
    Apple isn't even as good as you claim! LOL

But people like the feeling they get downloading apps and content. They like that it's a personal shopping basket and wallet in one convenient electronic handheld form factor.

Using an iPhone for rapid-paced, multitasking work communications is only slightly less frustrating than trying to explain how we know evolution is real to a creationist who thinks the Bible is literal truth.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    LazySage likes this.
    03-12-17 04:20 PM
    I tried it for 48 hours, and returned it. It's a nice android phone mind you, although I wasn't impressed with the battery life, or hub experience...but it shows potential. It just needs some refining, to provide a more polished user interface that will appeal to those of us coming from OS 10.

That being said, it gave me a stronger appreciation for my BB Classic, which I went back to for now.
    krazyatom and anon(3008481) like this.
    03-13-17 02:39 PM
    Been using Dtek60 since it came out and I am completely satisfied. Or at least until the next BlackBerry Key-One comes out then I will have best of both worlds.
    03-13-17 07:20 PM
    With all due respect, how is it possible to judge battery performance of any device if you kept the phone for only 48h?

I tried it for 48 hours, and returned it. It's a nice android phone mind you, although I wasn't impressed with the battery life, or hub experience...but it shows potential. It just needs some refining, to provide a more polished user interface that will appeal to those of us coming from OS 10.

That being said, it gave me a stronger appreciation for my BB Classic, which I went back to for now.
    03-13-17 07:31 PM
    I longer timeline would have been better, but it was long enough for me to see the battery wasn't going to last as long as I liked. Based on other reviews I've read though, I've noticed mostly praise for the battery life, while some have concerns. It's possible a subset of batteries are having issues.
    03-14-17 08:15 AM
    Phone is great builds...however still love bbos 10...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 10:58 AM
    03-15-17 05:01 PM
    As someone who is currently using a fabulous Z30, I find the DTEK60 a very Google centric phone. It appears that the email app is a gmail app which for someone like myself who is buried with email from 3 accounts, the gmail app is terrible, I have not figured out how to rapidly delete emails like you can on a Z30 or Passport. I am also having difficulty with connecting to our exchange service for calendar and contact sync, as Google does not support Active Sync. Which leads to the question as to whether there is another email app available that is similar to BB10 email and calendar apps, which for email, no other device can match IMO. Otherwise, for those who are really into the social media apps or the Google world, the DTEK60 seems to be a really good device. BTW, the charging indicator is the best! Love that long green line and fine print while charging.
    Ummm,, BlackBerry hub?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 10:12 PM
    I longer timeline would have been better, but it was long enough for me to see the battery wasn't going to last as long as I liked. Based on other reviews I've read though, I've noticed mostly praise for the battery life, while some have concerns. It's possible a subset of batteries are having issues.
    It takes several days for a new phone to settle in as far as battery goes. If nothing else, it takes weeks to get the most ideal settings adjusted. I hope, if I get one, the battery is better than my Dtek50!!
    03-16-17 08:58 AM
    I'm holding out for the keyone...on my Birthday wish list.
    03-16-17 09:16 PM
    Dtek60 is a terrific device. But I am ready to jump off a bridge with the frequency of errors using the vkb and the huge number of embarrassing and wrong auto-correct. I am desperate for the pkb ....
    LazySage likes this.
    03-17-17 04:52 PM
    Dtek60 is a terrific device. But I am ready to jump off a bridge with the frequency of errors using the vkb and the huge number of embarrassing and wrong auto-correct. I am desperate for the pkb ....
    Which language are you typing in? On French and English the autocorrect is excellent, except for some French grammar errors.

Do you use the swipe suggestions on top of the keyboard?
    03-17-17 05:24 PM
    Disable correct with space bar. That helped me a lot.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 05:24 AM
    Which language are you typing in? On French and English the autocorrect is excellent, except for some French grammar errors.

Do you use the swipe suggestions on top of the keyboard?
    The suggestions are excellent but the check is broken right across the Hub. It underlines incorrectly spelled words in red but... that's it. There is seemingly no means of correcting them.

I've posted in an existing thread about this so won't hijack this one, but as with the Priv I bought and returned last year the Dtek60 again has a strong aroma of incompleteness.

When you setup the phone it is - as a previous noted here - an almost entirely Google-centric, overtly Android platform device, and you have to keep flipping it over to remind yourself it's supposed to be a BlackBerry. There are CrackBerry top tips on how you e.g. shouldn't have both the Gmail app and the Hub syncing at the same time on the same device, yet that's how the devices ship! Why?

It's just silly. I still use a 9810 at the weekends when I dump the smartphone and stick to something simple, unobtrusive and bullet proof when out with the family, and a bit of me longs for something similarly tool-like and with few pretensions...
    03-18-17 05:58 AM
    Disable correct with space bar. That helped me a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I will try that.
    03-18-17 07:47 AM
    I can't remember the context regarding email in my original post, but the Hub is definitely better than the Google email app. But my complaint about deleting email in the hub still stands. In BB10, one could choose 'select more' and rapidly highlight all the email and hit delete. The best that I could find in the Hub was the custom swipe, right or left, with the option to delete from either the hub or hub and server. Setting up either one as a default action still requires an individual swipe per email that cannot be undone. In BB10, you can at least de-select the message before mass delete, if you made a mistake. This seemingly small difference is quite a time saver. Hopefully, someone at Blackberry will pick up on this time saver and can program the Android Hub to do the same. Meanwhile, I continue to use my Z30 for email management.
    03-18-17 08:34 AM
    I can't remember the context regarding email in my original post, but the Hub is definitely better than the Google email app. But my complaint about deleting email in the hub still stands. In BB10, one could choose 'select more' and rapidly highlight all the email and hit delete. The best that I could find in the Hub was the custom swipe, right or left, with the option to delete from either the hub or hub and server. Setting up either one as a default action still requires an individual swipe per email that cannot be undone. In BB10, you can at least de-select the message before mass delete, if you made a mistake. This seemingly small difference is quite a time saver. Hopefully, someone at Blackberry will pick up on this time saver and can program the Android Hub to do the same. Meanwhile, I continue to use my Z30 for email management.
    Select an email you wish to delete by long pressing it. Now you are in selection mode. Then select others by short press. Press the trash can. Easy.
    03-18-17 10:37 AM
    The DTEK60 is great. I'm using it in a corporate environment with BES connectivity and use it for navigation which means screen on with location, WiFi as I use a hotspot and 4g conenctivity around London area for a minimum of 4 hours a day. It went through 2 days of that before the battery was pretty much down.

The phone is fast and battery life is solid I'd say. Love it. The best BB Android touch screen phone, period.
    01-13-18 04:06 PM
    Not with the phone, but disgusted with the lack of updates from BlackBerry. Still on Sept 17.
    01-18-18 03:37 PM
    The phone was a great product. But the lack of support and not even a year had gone by, is unsatisfactory! It's updates should have continued at the very least for 2 years. I gave up on Black Berry and jumped to the pixel 2 xl. The pixel is an awesome phone and I'm estatic that I made the jump! BestBuy helped with the $200 off which ends this Saturday. Hasta la vista, baby!!
    01-19-18 09:23 PM
    I have no regrets whatsoever! I love my 60 it's da bomb! Now my Passport has someone to him company.
    The AT&T lady got mad over the phone at me for buying one and tried to sell me an inferior phone I told her a kindly naaa and she didn't like that one bit.

Bye bye Samsung 7 edge!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-18 01:00 AM
    No regrets for me performance wise, had the phone 14 months with no issues - good battery life and still fast. Monthly updates good to begin with but patchy now, I'm still on November 2017. Seemingly likely no show of Nougat is disappointing given the 60 was launched as a flagship - exacerbated by silence from BB, BBM and CB.
    01-21-18 09:39 AM
    No regret purchasing the DTEK-60. It performed well. But because it's form factor and VKB is unappealing to me, I moved back to my Blue Classic and will wait until the new PKB comes out later this year.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-18 08:22 AM
249 ... 678910