Most phones spend their lives avoiding tense situations. DTek60's spend their lives getting into tense situations!
    BONSAI!!!
    12-20-16 11:02 AM
    As a heads up, the Argon out performs Apple 7's, Galaxy 7's/edge, and once in while Pixel XL on benchmarks.
    Oh yeah, it's a hell of a lot cheaper too.
    12-20-16 11:03 AM
    This most definitely is the best and least expensive Flagship phone on the market today.

The only thing I miss is the BlackBerry sync/charging pod. I had to buy some crap stand on Amazon. This phone is leaps and bounds ahead of anything BlackBerry has put out in years, nothing excluded. I am a very content owner.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-20-16 02:17 PM
    i disabled the keyboard vibrate feedback yesterday, and enabled the pop up keys, and like it better. i seem to be typing faster and more accurately.
    Thanks for that mention of the BlackBerry keyboard pop up setting. I didn't know it was there.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-20-16 06:22 PM
    Umm yeah, any Android is "google-centric". you can disable a lot of it. I disabled the Google app, gmail, music, video, etc. You don't need to use it.

I agree, Gmail app IS awful. But again, you can disable it. You can have Hub run all your emails and accounts as an email app + other app notifications built into it. That's what I do and have 6 email accounts + whatsapp + SMS + IG + call logs + messenger all running through my Hub. Hub IS the email accounts app. Works just like it did on BB OS. A lot of people don't seem to realize this. Open hub, add accounts!
    I do this. But for some reason my Gmail account is still not listed as a hub+ account? Do have the same issue?
    12-20-16 07:55 PM
    Its going to take a lot of getting used to, but I'm very pleased with the unit otherwise. Battery life is great for me thus far. No overheating issues. Calls are clear. The hub is as expected. Access to apps with out issues of compatibility is a good thing

And now the disappointments.

I expected more from the camera. I truthfully hoped this camera would have brought bb out of the dark ages. Even with HDR. Android is so much behind what BB10 is. I feel as though I've gone backward with this device. Once more, I've lost contacts in the migration.
    12-26-16 08:04 AM
    I really like the dtek60. I had an S7 but decided to give the dtek60 a try. The s7 has been in the drawer ever since. The dtek60, whilst not bb10, is as good as it gets in my opinion. It's a joy to use. I'd highly recommend it to anyone.
    aecgda likes this.
    12-27-16 05:20 AM
    Assuming the device works as expected from a hardware perspective, then I agree that it is an excellent blend of Android with the best of BlackBerry 10. With that said, judging by the posts in this forum it seems folks are having some kind of problem or another with their 60's be it touch screen, battery, speaker issues, call quality, etc. TCL really needs to step up their game and ensure they limit these kinds of issues.

I am having an issue with my touch screen and still haven't gotten my phone back. Last update from the tech is that it is a software issue and not HW and he was waiting to hear back from TCL. Sigh...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 03:21 PM
    Good question - yes. I wanted to experience blackberry on android. But I have the feeling that while it's good, I will likely make the inevitable jump to iPhone next time... unless more focus on phones by BlackBerry is evident. Drek60 is a good economical phone, but for me, not a flagship.
    Agree with every word..

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 06:06 AM
    Really like the phone (much prefer the feel and screen quality over the Priv) but I don't like the camera as I just find it slow and the picture quality not that great compared to my LG G4. But I like pretty much everything else over my G4 so I can't see myself going back to it. Oh well, there is no perfect phone after all...
    12-28-16 05:44 PM
    Got my DTEK60 for Christmas and I'm really enjoying this phone and absolutely love the rapid charging.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-29-16 05:08 AM
    Anyone here mostly won't regret any, if you want some unbiased answer post it in somewhere else.
    I found it on androidcentral, lag issue
    12-29-16 05:35 AM
    Only gripe I have is the call/earpiece quality. Find it to be narrow or mono sounding.
    12-29-16 06:13 AM
    Absolutely love my DTEK60 after 5 weeks, couldn't be happier and no regrets. Power button placement is my only gripe, otherwise for the price it's the best android out there, period.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-29-16 01:05 PM
    The only drawback to the Detek60 is that the camera is not as good as compared to the S7 Edge in my opinion. The detail in the S7 Edge compared to the Detek60 is by far much better in any light situation.
    12-29-16 02:20 PM
    I simply love the Dtek60 much better then the pixel ,iPhone , and the s7 edge IMHO cheers
    mike kootnikoff likes this.
    12-29-16 04:26 PM
    I simply love the Dtek60 much better then the pixel ,iPhone , and the s7 edge IMHO cheers
    HOw do you like the camera in the DTEK60?
    12-29-16 07:39 PM
    Does the DTEK60 have any of the current problems that the Priv has? My Priv, (moved from Z30 for app ability) is about to drive me to leaving BB. It gets hot, battery life is pitiful and seems to every so often hit a period where I can almost watch the battery level go down with no apps open. It locks up on me occasionally, especially if it's been sitting unused for a while. I lost the ability for custom contact ringtones when the Marshmallow upgrade hit. And I often have a problem with bluetooth connectivity on media playback - the sound will breakup, until I restart the phone. I've been steeling myself to go to a Samsung, but hate to give up some of the BB features I love (Keyboard, BB apps, hub, etc.). I can live with many of the other issues people have noted on this thread (lack of FM receiver, mono notification light, etc.), but do not want to endure the problems I've had with my Priv again.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-31-16 07:33 AM
    Does the DTEK60 have any of the current problems that the Priv has? My Priv, (moved from Z30 for app ability) is about to drive me to leaving BB. It gets hot, battery life is pitiful and seems to every so often hit a period where I can almost watch the battery level go down with no apps open. It locks up on me occasionally, especially if it's been sitting unused for a while. I lost the ability for custom contact ringtones when the Marshmallow upgrade hit. And I often have a problem with bluetooth connectivity on media playback - the sound will breakup, until I restart the phone. I've been steeling myself to go to a Samsung, but hate to give up some of the BB features I love (Keyboard, BB apps, hub, etc.). I can live with many of the other issues people have noted on this thread (lack of FM receiver, mono notification light, etc.), but do not want to endure the problems I've had with my Priv again.
    I have my S7 "Blackberry"-styled with Hub+, Calendar, Contacts, Launcher and Keyboard (using an APK from Cobalt). Even the Wallpaper i use is from the BB Androids. Works good for me and replaced my Dtek 60. The only reason i didn't like on it was the camera. The S7 camera is much better and the main reason why i switched. I got the S7 in a Samsung Sale-out for 399 Euro without contract (buy 2 for the price of one so i payed 799 Euro for 2 S7) so my wife got the other for replacing her iPhone 5s.
    So the device has had also a better price as the Dtek60 (569 Euro).
    Last edited by hbach1968; 12-31-16 at 10:33 AM.
    12-31-16 08:23 AM
    My second-ever Android phone, but not my first Blackberry, by far. My first Android was basically just a temp-use cheapie, ironically, also from Alcatel. lol! (I hated it, but it served the purpose at the time).

This is the best phone I've had so far, with a few, minor issues.

The "glass" back is pretty, but very slippery. Glad I did order the flip case with the phone so that it had something at least. My Incipio case is on it's way. Already have a tempered glass cover on it.

I don't like that there was no BB app or support for BB Link for the Dtek 60. There are ways to get the data over, but nowhere near as easy as when BB does it. Moving from a legacy BB to a BB10 was a snap. Moving from a BB10 to another BB10 is a snap. Moving from BB10 to Android... takes some work.

Gmail app is crap - and that's fine, because it won't even work with one of my email addy's. So off it goes.

BB10 put a popup on my screen whenever I walked into a hotspot area. The Android hides it under notifications. I have to swipe down, then click the message to get the hotspot login page. In fairness, it's far better than previous versions of Android where the only way to get the hotspot login page is to find someone with a Blackberry to give the web address you can type in on it's browser.

The best part? A coworker sees me working away on it, comes by and says, "Is that your new phone? It's very nice."

"Yeah. Just got it."

"Which one is that? S7?"

"No, Blackberry."

"Blackberry?? That's not a Blackberry!"

"Sure it is!"

"That can't be a Blackberry!"

(show him the back of the phone)

"Damn..... that is nice!"
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-31-16 02:25 PM
    This most definitely is the best and least expensive Flagship phone on the market today.
    By far!
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-31-16 02:29 PM
    I get 2 days without charge on my #Priv So you must have something going on with yours, I like my Priv A lot, but I also really like my DTEK50 and Dtek60 but my Priv is my Daily. But I am enjoying my BlackBerry Z10 today.
    Any regrets buying the DTEK60?-img_20170111_165956.png

From BlackBerryZ10 🔟™ Passport or Priv, whichever I want to use that day.
    01-15-17 08:04 PM
    Kind of. The phone feels pretty sluggish and lags a lot more than it should, though I just might have a defective one. Also hate that snapchat is pretty terrible, if those two problems are fixed which seems to be more software issues than anything, I'd love this phone.
    01-15-17 08:32 PM
    I get 2 days without charge on my #Priv So you must have something going on with yours,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170111_165956.png 
Views:	296 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	415911
    Maybe, but this is the 2nd one I've had, and both have had the same problems.
    01-16-17 05:42 AM
    To bad for you. My PRIV works great and has none of the issues you mentioned.
    01-17-17 10:18 PM
249 ... 45678 ...