Yeah it's not a little better, it's a LOT better. Superior to any other BlackBerry I've owned, including Z10, Z30, Passport and Priv.
    10-28-16 09:14 PM
    I have a DTEK50 and I used to have a Z30, I don't have a bunker but where I work we are sometimes below the ground floor, and I had no signal with my Z30 when down there, but I do have signal with my DTEK50, not all the bars, but is good enough.
    Thanks for the info. I have a Passport that is constantly loosing signal, and it is driving me crazy. I was hoping that a DTEK upgrade would help.
    10-29-16 12:24 AM
    Thanks for the info. I have a Passport that is constantly loosing signal, and it is driving me crazy. I was hoping that a DTEK upgrade would help.
    I would backup the Passport and reinstall the OS. The Passport antenna is incredibly superior. I had a problem with it and did reinstall and reception was restored. Give it a try first. I'm using the Priv and will most likely purchase the 60 today. I love the upgrades I have received on the Priv the camera on this device is awesome. But for some reason the phone lags badly. It's not heating up like it use to but the lag is bothersome. I have tried devices using the 808 processors and those fly just fine. Not sure why the Priv suffers at times. Lots of people who have seen my pics were blown away with the quality.
    10-29-16 02:56 AM
    The DTEK60 has better reception than my Passport.
    10-29-16 07:27 AM
    Did Test my D60 in my bunker tonight, where only my old Z30 had reception over the years, did test all iPhone and galaxy line, nexus line as well as lg g4 and no one but the Z30 got signal . And tonight, my DTEK60 got signal and a good speed test in the bunker . Wow
    That's great news. Although Dtek isn't Blackberry hardware, Blackberrys always had the best reception, the Passport was KING of network, it could have signal where no other phones had
    10-29-16 11:41 AM
    It's interesting though that we still don't officially know whether the DTEK-branded devices have the Paratek antenna technology or not.
    10-29-16 11:45 AM
    I agree. The passport was a beast when it came to reception. I got signal in AT&T dead zones where every phone I've ever had would have nothing. It's on my way home from work, so I'll be testing reception out on Monday. I'd love for it to pass the test, but wouldn't be at all surprised by it didn't.
    10-29-16 02:42 PM
    That's great I think most companies forgot about the importance of that fact, always counting to have good internet speed and great signal, but sometimes the places we need to go doesn't have neither.
    10-29-16 10:13 PM
    I find that my Dtek60 has fantastic reception. I'm getting a signal where I wasn't with my Z30... this phone keeps getting better and better the more I learn about it.
    10-30-16 08:05 AM
    Yea i noticed the same in certain places to. Let's blame carriers and not phone antennas
    10-30-16 12:44 PM
    Not comparable, I did more test today and I can say DTEK60 is THE better reception I ever had , even better than Z30
    Thanks, that's good to hear. I had the Z30 and it was fantastic for many reasons, including the Paratek antenna that got me amazing reception and no dropped calls. I have since had the Passport SE and the Priv, which are both excellent. Hoping the DTEK60 is even better!
    11-05-16 09:20 AM
    I find that my Dtek60 has fantastic reception. I'm getting a signal where I wasn't with my Z30... this phone keeps getting better and better the more I learn about it.
    Can confirm! The Passport and Priv were never able to catch the Wifi connection from 45 feet away (my desk to the next door building). With the DTEK60, it automatically catches on the Wifi without me even knowing it.
    11-06-16 04:43 PM
    I am afraid that my antenna related experience is not so good so far. I received the phone two days ago and my first tests show that the DTEK60 radio sensitivity is rather poor compared to that of several models (HP Elite X3, Z10 and Huawei P8). I have installed an app (Network Signal Strength that works flawlessly in my Z10 and Huawei P8) in order to measure input signal level and it measures nothing: the app is not allowed to access this data from the phone. Can you recommend an app that works?.
    Edit: I finally found a good app that works (Network Cell Info Lite). I am conducting tests.
    Last edited by SeiShinRyu; 11-11-16 at 11:13 AM.
    11-10-16 03:48 AM
    Tests results and signal strength measurements show that DTEK60 is on par with my Z10, is better than my Huawei P8 and is slightly worse than my HP Elite X3: a very good phone as far as signal strength is concerned (and Blackberry did a good job with his layer: happy with my DTEK60).
    thekidshop likes this.
    11-12-16 11:40 AM
    Good to know the antenna is great on DTEK 60. One of my gripes with the Z10 was the weak signal. That changed with the Priv but I'm glad they are improving it.
    11-12-16 11:49 AM
    Well this is not scientific or anything but my passport has full bars (Fido LTE) here in my house and my brand new DTEK60 only has 2 bars out of 5....
    11-12-16 04:29 PM
    Well this is not scientific or anything but my passport has full bars (Fido LTE) here in my house and my brand new DTEK60 only has 2 bars out of 5....
    Being at the same spot does not mean that both phones are served by the same BTS. I recommend you to use the app I mentioned before (Network Cell Info Lite) to find out both (of course, both phones working in the same band): signal strength and the BTS at which phones are locked to (CID). On the other hand, I have had a Passport and its radio sensitivity was not so good and, no doubt, worse than that of a DTEK60.
    11-13-16 02:01 AM
42 12