How do I get a full stop or comma or new line in Voice dictation in texts? also can you dictate an email? I cannot see a microphone on the keyboard for emails.
    09-11-16 12:04 PM
    Say full stop for full stop. Comma for comma. I don't know how it goes for new line. And yes you can dictate about anything. The microphone should be on the full stop button on the right of the space bar if you have voice dictation enabled.
    09-11-16 02:22 PM
    I cannot see a microphone on the keyboard for emails.
    On my keyboard, the microphone is on the left of the spacebar, sharing the button with the comma. Activation of the microphone requires a long press.

I'm not sure, but you may have to install Google Chrome to have have voice dictation available. See Google Help | Type With Your Voice.

I use Google Chrome by default, so it was installed on my DTEK50 from the start.

The voice commands for punctuation are explained in the help link provided above. Punctuation, to be interpreted correctly, to not be entered as a word, needs a slight pause at the end of the sentence, then the punctuation term is spoken.

Also for voice dictation to work, permissions for Blackberry Keyboard have to be enabled:

You can also turn a permission on or off at any time, although some features of the app might not be available. In some cases, turning o� a permission can prevent the app from working properly, or the app might not work at all. For example, if you turn off microphone access for the BlackBerry Keyboard, the voice dictation feature doesn't work. If you turn off camera access for the BlackBerry Camera, the app doesn't work at all. Source Page 95 of DTEK50 User's manual
    Steve
    09-11-16 03:00 PM
    Thanks - could not find the permissions for the keyboard. I did try pausing and saying full stop, but it merely wrote full stop! I have the microphone for text messages but not for emails. I had a look at the settings for emails and see that the microphone symbol is greyed out. I have Chrome.
    09-12-16 07:44 AM
    could not find the permissions for the keyboard
    Blackberry Keyboad permissions and settings are in Settings | Language & Input | Blackberry Keyboard Settings.

Just below the keyboard settings, I have Google Voice Typing set as automatic.

I have the microphone for text messages but not for emails.
    I'm using a third party email app (Bluemail) for email on my DTEK; in email composition mode, the microphone icon is not available to input the email address, but as soon as the cursor is placed in the body of the email for message composition, the microphone icon appears and is functioning on my system.
    Last edited by Ethynil; 09-12-16 at 05:34 PM.
    09-12-16 12:18 PM
    Many thanks. I will check that out
    Ethynil likes this.
    09-12-16 03:30 PM