Any fix in sight for these issues? Dropping a lot of calls. Does blackberry know that t-mobile hasn't certified this phone for its volte and band 12 radio?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-29-16 07:07 PM
    With my DTEK50 I have never been able to make nor receive a phone call when on LTE ...!!!

08-29-16 07:12 PM
    Hi OP. Not sure about band 12 but my Priv was dropping a lot of calls (I'm on T-Mobile too) till I locked the phone on 4g or less. It works great now and no dropping calls except this one area where almost all my phones get dropped. 4g is still fast enough for the things I do and if I need it faster, I just turn it on to LTE. Hope this helps.

big_time2 likes this.
    08-29-16 07:12 PM
    Unbelievable

08-29-16 07:13 PM
    Does anyone from BlackBerry read these forums? This issue is all over them and others. It is strange to think that BlackBerry is supposedly marketing this phone in the enterprise arena. In the US, any enterprise is still going to have to go thru a carrier for service, in this case AT&T or T-Mobile. They are the only 2 GSM carrier's in the US. But if the phone does NOT work fully on either of those networks out of the box, or with only half features, as with the DTEK50 on TMO, why would any business be interested in buying it? Who wants to take a step back? I bought this device purely because I was told it was unlocked and would work on TMO. It does, in all fairness, 'work' but it doesn't 'work' all the way. No wifi calling, no band 12 LTE, 2 features I've had and liked, and now don't with this 'new' phone... It's a step backwards. I don't get the BlackBerry logic on this... am I missing something?

08-30-16 11:33 AM
    Just an update on this issue with T-mobile network. I am currently signed up for the DTEK50 beta program and just received the first beta OS update. It appears that calls are going through much better now. While i still dont have VoLTE, when I placed a phone call BEFORE the update the signal dropped down to H (3g) and NOW my signal drops down to 4G instead. I have been able to place calls and receive calls instantly without interruption or loss of signal. I still havent tried Wifi Calling and it doesnt appears calls are going through over LTE...but i am no longer having issues receiving and making calls. It appears Blackberry is trying their best to address the problem before T-Mobile "turns on the VoLTE/Wifi Calling Switch."
    08-30-16 12:03 PM
    This article may be of interest. I reluctantly sent mine back. A+ for the return process, went smoothly.

How VoLTE Could Help Carriers Get a Handle on Unlocked Phones - Tested
    08-30-16 12:05 PM
    This article may be of interest. I reluctantly sent mine back. A+ for the return process, went smoothly.

How VoLTE Could Help Carriers Get a Handle on Unlocked Phones - Tested
    Very interesting article. Wonder how this pertains to AT&T compared with T-Mobile? I stayed away from Sprint and Verizon due to CDMA provisioning. This excuse allows AT&T or T-Mobile same ability.

08-30-16 12:26 PM
    Have you turned VoLTE on in the Settings?
    Better yet, did it let you?
    08-30-16 04:04 PM
    Have you turned VoLTE on in the Settings?
    Better yet, did it let you?
    Turned on and it does let you. The DTEK50 does connect to LTE, just not the band 12 LTE that provides HD calling VOLTE and WiFi calling, along with the much better in building coverage over the other LTE TMO bands. Calls go over 3G or HSPA+. With data in some places, like where I am in South FL, the LTE coverage is spotty and continually toggles to 3G/HSPA+ and LTE when using data.

08-30-16 05:15 PM
    Just an update on this issue with T-mobile network. I am currently signed up for the DTEK50 beta program and just received the first beta OS update. It appears that calls are going through much better now. While i still dont have VoLTE, when I placed a phone call BEFORE the update the signal dropped down to H (3g) and NOW my signal drops down to 4G instead. I have been able to place calls and receive calls instantly without interruption or loss of signal. I still havent tried Wifi Calling and it doesnt appears calls are going through over LTE...but i am no longer having issues receiving and making calls. It appears Blackberry is trying their best to address the problem before T-Mobile "turns on the VoLTE/Wifi Calling Switch."
    How did you get on this Beta? I am having same issues in South Florida, Miami Metro area.

08-31-16 07:46 AM
    Just sign up through blackberry's beta zone. Choose the dtek50 program and follow the steps to register and become a developer. I have not had failed connections or dropped calls since using the beta OS. Like I said, calls are much improved but the issue with VoLTE and wifi calling certification has yet to be resolved.
    08-31-16 08:00 AM
    Just sign up through blackberry's beta zone. Choose the dtek50 program and follow the steps to register and become a developer. I have not had failed connections or dropped calls since using the beta OS. Like I said, calls are much improved but the issue with VoLTE and wifi calling certification has yet to be resolved.
    Do you need to turn ON developer mode?
    08-31-16 10:08 AM