Proper carrier relations cost very little.

We're not talking about carrier marketing or displays here... just the minimal cost to get the device verified as compatible... and hence white listed.

It has been rumored that amount may be in the neighborhood of $50-100K.

And if that is true... and chen refused to do it... well it would just be further evidence of the loser CEO that he is!
    If that's all it was, I guarantee they would pay it.. But then you'd be on here whining about how they weren't paying for shelf space and spiffs. That's what they don't have the resources for. Quit blaming Chen for saving the company. Hardware was dead when IOS/Android products were introduced that killed BIS and the monthly revenue that BlackBerry fought to retain at expense of carrier relationships...
    11-04-16 12:54 PM
    If that's all it was, I guarantee they would pay it.. But then you'd be on here whining about how they weren't paying for shelf space and spiffs. That's what they don't have the resources for. Quit blaming Chen for saving the company. Hardware was dead when IOS/Android products were introduced that killed BIS and the monthly revenue that BlackBerry fought to retain at expense of carrier relationships...
    Using such logic then they should just get out.

Only losers play to lose!
    11-04-16 01:11 PM
    Using such logic then they should just get out.

Only losers play to lose!
    They announced that a couple weeks ago. Try and keep up....
    11-04-16 01:13 PM
    They announced that a couple weeks ago. Try and keep up....
    Oh... and that's why their Web site is trying to peddle devices right now... today... claiming compatibility with AT&T and Tmobile (need me to post the false advertising?) When they know very well they haven't performed the due diligence to verify such claims!

I'm well caught up... thank you very much.

I clearly understand the off-book plans... and it doesn't change anything I've said.
    11-04-16 01:19 PM
    Oh... and that's why their Web site is trying to peddle devices right now... today... claiming compatibility with AT&T and Tmobile (need me to post the false advertising?) When they know very well they haven't performed the due diligence to verify such claims!

I'm well caught up... thank you very much.

I clearly understand the off-book plans... and it doesn't change anything I've said.
    As shareholder, everything seems OK to me.. If people keep handing over their money, I'm fine with that.
    11-04-16 01:24 PM
    As shareholder, everything seems OK to me.. If people keep handing over their money, I'm fine with that.
    As I write this BBRY is at 6.99... up roughly 5% since chen took over exactly 3 years ago... while the overall NASDAQ up roughly 5 times that amount!

Ok with that?!

I guess some are content with losing.
    sethr likes this.
    11-04-16 01:40 PM
    Does it or doesn't it support WiFi Calling and VoLTE??

"I'm using the DTEK60 on T-Mobile and have full WiFi Calling and VoLTE support right out of the box too."
    BlackBerry DTEK60 review: The best enterprise flagship, priced at just $499 Review | ZDNet
    11-10-16 07:43 AM
    I have a 50 on T-Mo and I have neither. I can't speak for the 60 but apparently it does work.
    Last edited by SlickRick26; 11-10-16 at 10:36 AM. Reason: quote error
    11-10-16 10:35 AM
    I have Priv, DTEK50 and DTEK60.

On the DTEK50 neither LTE Band or WiFi calling work.

On the Priv and DTEK60 they both work.

I strongly suspect the DTEK60 has been White listed to work on Tmobile on account of the fact they carry the Alcatel Idol 4s.
    11-10-16 11:07 AM
109 ... 345