T-Mobile Customer here. With the recent update, my DTEK now states "4G LTE" above the signal bars, as before it would just say "LTE."

Also, when I make calls, it now has "4G" above the signal bars, unlike before it would say "H+".
    Calls are much clearer now as well.

Yes, still no "WIFI" calling.

This is a great phone!!
    I can't wait until WFC is finally working and I can use this baby. Thanks. One down, one to go.
    09-13-16 10:51 PM
    If they're actually working on a fix, it may take a while. Even when the Classic was intro'd, Branded on T-Mo, as I recall it took a few weeks for it to get WFC.
    Yes, it did take them long time to make WiFi Calling available on BB Classic. I returned my Dtek50, sold my Galaxy s7 and bought Note 5
    09-14-16 01:17 AM
    Don't suppose WFC has come yet to the Dtek50 yet?
    09-22-16 05:16 PM
    Don't suppose WFC has come yet to the Dtek50 yet?
    IMO, unless T-Mo starts officially carrying them in their stores, they're unlikely to ever get WFC. That's been the norm - despite the BB10 exception that was mostly enabled by the fact that those early BB10 phones were almost identical internally to the other models that T-Mo did actually carry.
    09-22-16 09:39 PM
    However, at the moment, my Dtek50 is my favorite Sonos controller!
    09-29-16 08:57 AM
    Remember, TMO WFC did come to all BB10 phones--regardless not only of whether TMO sold them or not, but also regardless of full compatibility with TMO.
    WFC came to all BB10 for one or two updates, worked pretty unreliable in my experience on two ShopBlackBerry Z30s (TMO never sold Z30s), then what little WFC that worked completely disappeared in all subsequent BB10 updates.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 12:44 AM
    WFC came to all BB10 for one or two updates, worked pretty unreliable in my experience on two ShopBlackBerry Z30s (TMO never sold Z30s), then what little WFC that worked completely disappeared in all subsequent BB10 updates.

Posted via CB10
    If you used a Shop Blackberry phone you had to be careful which update you installed as they could negate WFC. I have two shop blackberry phones: a Z10 and a Classic, but got WFC using autoloaders. While the Z10 and Classic I have that were purchased from T-Mo both have WFC and have never been"offered" an OS that would negate WFC. Check the autoloaders.
    10-02-16 09:01 AM
    Any update on this? Has Tmobile fixed the issue yet?
    11-01-16 07:26 PM
    Still nothing. No WFC, 12 band or VoLTE... Worst part is, we don't even know who to be angry at.
    11-01-16 07:38 PM
    T-Mobile will be carrying the Alcatel idol 4s however. As a windows OS phone. Maybe that will get the dtek50 and 60 over to volte and band 12 since it's the same phone.
    11-01-16 08:20 PM
    Unless the phone is specifically certified/ whitelisted with T-Mobile, Band12 and WFC are not supported. Nobody has confirmed there are any serious talks between TMO/BBRY. As I understand it, even the PRIV requires T-Mobiles software for Band 12 and WFC. Googles new Pixel series is the only Android BYOD I'm aware of that is not carrier specific that T-Mobile supports.

I would not buy any new phone for T-Mobile without Band 12 support.
    11-02-16 07:12 AM
    Well damn, I was hoping to switch from Verizon to Tmobile this year and pick up the DTEK50.
    11-02-16 07:51 AM
    Unless the phone is specifically certified/ whitelisted with T-Mobile, Band12 and WFC are not supported. Nobody has confirmed there are any serious talks between TMO/BBRY. As I understand it, even the PRIV requires T-Mobiles software for Band 12 and WFC. Googles new Pixel series is the only Android BYOD I'm aware of that is not carrier specific that T-Mobile supports.

I would not buy any new phone for T-Mobile without Band 12 support.
    Separate threads are confirming Band 12 and WFC are working on Tmo.

Maybe because Tmo just formally announced carrying the Alcatel Idol 4S???
    11-02-16 09:13 AM
    Separate threads are confirming Band 12 and WFC are working on Tmo.

Maybe because Tmo just formally announced carrying the Alcatel Idol 4S???
    Is the separate thread referring to the DTEK60?

I have not seen anything confirming DTEK50 WFC and Band 12 working.
    11-02-16 09:21 AM
    Is the separate thread referring to the DTEK60?

I have not seen anything confirming DTEK50 WFC and Band 12 working.
    Yes... sorry... meant to point out DTEK60.
    11-02-16 10:55 AM
    Just got off a chat session with Tmobile support. They said they are "working hard with Blackberry" to resolve this "known issue". They couldnt give me a date when the phone have full support.
    SlickRick26 likes this.
    11-02-16 12:26 PM
    I have one of the DTEK60s that is working fine on Band 12, VoLTE and WiFi calling. It's not my daily driver yet but it was working fine this morning when I left for the office.
    11-02-16 01:43 PM
    That's nice to here VoLTE is supported on the DTEK60.

Two quick questions.

1. Is your sim card from a previously activated T-Mobile Priv?

2. Are you certain your Band 12 calls are staying on Band 12 or switching over to another band?

I just got off the Phone with Blackberry support supervisor regarding the DTEK 60 with some conflicting information.

1. Engineers say the device might work but could not guarantee all the services will work.

2. He also stated there are NO negotiations going on the certify or carry the DTEK series
    11-03-16 11:29 AM
    That's nice to here VoLTE is supported on the DTEK60.

Two quick questions.

1. Is your sim card from a previously activated T-Mobile Priv?

2. Are you certain your Band 12 calls are staying on Band 12 or switching over to another band?

I just got off the Phone with Blackberry support supervisor regarding the DTEK 60 with some conflicting information.

1. Engineers say the device might work but could not guarantee all the services will work.

2. He also stated there are NO negotiations going on the certify or carry the DTEK series
    I also responded to your post over the DTEK60 forum but figured I would put it here in case others come across this first:

1) SIM is a brand new T-Mobile SIM card activated 4 days ago (last BB device I had on T-Mobile was a 9900).
    2) Assuming that VoLTE is only enable on band 12 (I haven't gotten an exact answer on this from anyone) then, yes, Band 12 is working fine, as all calls are VoLTE whenever LTE is available.

Whenever I spoke with T-Mobile on the phone they would either 1) not guarantee compatibility or 2) say it wouldn't work. I figured I would give it a chance anyhow, and everything worked just fine.
    11-03-16 12:30 PM
    Thanks, skittish after my DTEK 50 fiasco. Was able to keep the battery pack though.
    11-03-16 12:39 PM
    Thanks, skittish after my DTEK 50 fiasco. Was able to keep the battery pack though.
    I can imagine the apprehension. Although everything is working perfectly, I suppose that it's possible the DTEK60 IMEIs could be blocked in the future? I certainly hope not, but anything is possible.
    11-03-16 02:02 PM
    I honestly dont think Tmobile will end up supporting the DTEK series phones because the market share is so small with BBry phones. It is a shame really. BBry should be trying harder to setup carrier relationships.
    11-04-16 09:25 AM
    I honestly dont think Tmobile will end up supporting the DTEK series phones because the market share is so small with BBry phones. It is a shame really. BBry should be trying harder to setup carrier relationships.
    BlackBerry doesn't have the resources anymore.
    11-04-16 10:26 AM
    I can imagine the apprehension. Although everything is working perfectly, I suppose that it's possible the DTEK60 IMEIs could be blocked in the future? I certainly hope not, but anything is possible.
    Just received this comment from TMobile tweeter help - I did some additional research and it is expected for that device to function on VoLTE as well as WiFi calling and with awesome features like that, this device will definitely be a hot item.
    11-04-16 10:56 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't have the resources anymore.
    Proper carrier relations cost very little.

We're not talking about carrier marketing or displays here... just the minimal cost to get the device verified as compatible... and hence white listed.

It has been rumored that amount may be in the neighborhood of $50-100K.

And if that is true... and chen refused to do it... well it would just be further evidence of the loser CEO that he is!
    11-04-16 11:20 AM
109 ... 2345