Can I take my SIM Card from the BlackBerry Leap I have and use it on the DTEK50?!

Respect My Autoritah!
    01-24-17 06:13 PM
    No, the Leap uses a micro SIM but the DTEK50 uses a nano SIM.
    adonesc likes this.
    01-24-17 07:24 PM
    You know, that was annoying. I didn't realize that when I first ordered the phone.
    adonesc likes this.
    01-24-17 08:26 PM
  4. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    My provider didn't bother to sell the nano SIM for a special price. I got a contract for five years now.

I bought the DTEK50, you know. Just ask your provider.
    adonesc likes this.
    01-24-17 10:32 PM
    SIM cards are now available in a "three way" format, so you just remove the unnecessary perimeter fillers if your device takes a SIM smaller than full size.

Several carriers now have three way SIM cards available to replace existing SIMS that are too big for a new device.

SIM Card-sim.jpg
    adonesc likes this.
    01-26-17 10:09 AM
    Thanks everybody for your replies. Just one more question, I'm assuming that I'll have to go to my provider and swap or buy a nano-SIM card for the DTEK50...and replace the micro-SIM I currently have on my Leap...but how do I transfer whatever information I have from one to the other?

What about memory cards...can I switch the one from my Leap to the DTEK50?

Respect My Autoritah!
    01-26-17 06:53 PM
  7. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    Thanks everybody for your replies. Just one more question, I'm assuming that I'll have to go to my provider and swap or buy a nano-SIM card for the DTEK50...and replace the micro-SIM I currently have on my Leap...but how do I transfer whatever information I have from one to the other?

What about memory cards...can I switch the one from my Leap to the DTEK50?

Respect My Autoritah!
    The memory card shouldn't be a problem.
    01-27-17 06:14 AM
    If your carrier doesn't provide you with a multi layered sim, just get the nano sim and buy a set of sim holders. You could find them on ebay for about a dollar.
    01-27-17 07:12 AM
    It seems SIM adapters are available that allow "up-sizing"https://www.amazon.com/Aerb-Micro-Adapter-Sander-Needle/dp/B00WDV0GGC

SIM Card-sim-adapt.jpg
    01-27-17 07:44 AM
    It seems SIM adapters are available that allow "up-sizing"https://www.amazon.com/Aerb-Micro-Adapter-Sander-Needle/dp/B00WDV0GGC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SIM adapt.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	416576
    They tend to cause issues with certain SIM trays, especially spring loaded ones (I think).
    Ethynil likes this.
    01-27-17 09:01 AM
    They tend to cause issues with certain SIM trays,
    Thanks for that insight. I was not aware such a contraption even existed until it was mentioned earlier in this thread, so I did a search.

Maybe duct tape might be a better alternative ...
    01-27-17 10:18 AM
    They tend to cause issues with certain SIM trays, especially spring loaded ones (I think).
    Just be sure you never put an empty SIM adapter back in to your phone to store it. I almost ruined my Z30 doing that. It got stuck.
    AT&T will give you a free nano SIM, but that doesn't help if you want to go back and forth between 2 phones. I would like to have 2 SIMs with the same number so I could use whichever phone I want to turn on.
    01-29-17 10:23 AM