Hi guys,

Once in a while, a few days per week, my DTEK50 shows a notification, saying:

"Your SD card has been removed suddenly"

What's wrong with it ? Why is the phone losing the connection to the sd ?

Since i am running out of internal storage and want to re-format my SD as internal storage, i would like to know that it will work properly....

I have got a 128gb sandisk, formatted right in the dtek50 before i started using it.

Thanks
    04-09-17 05:02 AM
    Hi guys,

Once in a while, a few days per week, my DTEK50 shows a notification, saying:

"Your SD card has been removed suddenly"

What's wrong with it ? Why is the phone losing the connection to the sd ?

Since i am running out of internal storage and want to re-format my SD as internal storage, i would like to know that it will work properly....

I have got a 128gb sandisk, formatted right in the dtek50 before i started using it.

Thanks
    Try cleaning the card with a pencil eraser, gently clean the copper contacts. If that does not do it. If you can put the card in another reader or device and see if the problem moves.
    04-09-17 08:00 AM
    Sorry to hear about your SD card problem. I also heavily rely on my card and would never manage without it.

Couple options to possibly fix the issue, the first would be to gently blow inside the SD card hole, there may be some dust causing a bad connection. The next would be, as the comment above me suggested. Try cleaning the Micro SD card. It could also be a little dirty.

If that doesn't help, you can always try Factory resetting your device (last resort) to see if maybe it's just a software bug and if the problem still persists, then its most likely a hardware problem and the phone will need to go in for repairs.

Let us know how things go.
    04-09-17 08:09 AM