All this "version " name is really unnecessary. What you are looking for is UHS1 (not the 1 inside a U,though some are ok), Class 10 and/or U with a 3 inside of it.
    If you want to future proof somewhat, the U3 does 4K video also. The first two do 1080p.
    It doesn't matter if you will do video or not, it's that you are buying a fast card. All the Super Extreme Ultra voodoo was used on cards years ago that don't meet today's specs.
    Stay with SanDisk, Patriot, Lexar, Toshiba, etc. Mushkin and others have been known to cheat specs in SSDs.
    The phone (and tablets) are known to warn you that the card isn't fast enough. If it's a specs card, keep going and test it.
    I am using a Samsung EVO + as shown in the picture. Should be plenty fine as external storage for recording 1080p with the Dtek50 camera but it won't let me do any more than 720p. If I put it in my daughters S7 edge it works fine. It was bought from Best buy, not an eBay retailer that may be fake. Frustrating...
    Attached Thumbnails SD Card?-img_20161210_1243530.jpg  
    12-10-16 11:58 AM
    I am using a Samsung EVO + as shown in the picture. Should be plenty fine as external storage for recording 1080p with the Dtek50 camera but it won't let me do any more than 720p. If I put it in my daughters S7 edge it works fine. It was bought from Best buy, not an eBay retailer that may be fake. Frustrating...
    To me looking at the card packaging the card just isn't fast enough for recording plain and simple. You say that it works fine in your daughter's S7 Edge and that may all be well and good but you have to remember that your using a Samsung memory card with a Samsung phone. The compatibility quotient here is much higher VS a Blackberry phone and a Samsung memory card. Obviously the S7 is doing something more/better? than the Dtek50 isn't. Don't be upset I'm just trying to play devil's advocate here . If it were me I would get a faster card just to satisfy myself and say that it was or wasn't the cards fault either way.

This is the card I would get from EBay or elsewhere.

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/Samsung-32GB-PR...539?nav=SEARCH
    Last edited by Johnny Dollar; 12-15-16 at 07:44 PM.
    12-10-16 02:16 PM
27 12