How do I save my photos to the device rather than google?
    02-22-17 02:55 PM
    Open your camera app and then find/go to settings in the camera app. There you should find in the menu a toggle to save pictures to sd card or device, (I recommend the SD card. That way you don't fill up your device and bog it down.)

Don't have an SD card? Get one! Save all your images,music, vids, and backup contact info onto that. That way, "if" your device goes wonky, pull the sd card, then wipe/reload OS. Make sure you save a copy of your SD cards contents every few weeks or so so if the "world ends" for your device, you can rebuild it and not lose anything. There was a guy here for about 3 years he kept saying how he doesn't need to do a file backup, and then guess what? His device went legs up, and he was all over the place crying. And yes, we said " we told you so"........

At least thats the path on a Z30. Not sure on the 50, but it should be there.
    02-22-17 03:17 PM
    How do I save my photos to the device rather than google?
    If you mean the default "Photos" app on the DTEK50, open the app, at the top left tap the three horizontal bars for the drop down menu, and select Settings | Back up & Sync OFF

There are many other options for backing up your photos taken by your camera such as MS Onedrive | Camera Roll, online backup services such as Carbonite (my personal choice). If you prefer your own local backup, you could use WiFi transfer to backup to your PC, network etc.

Why do you prefer avoiding Google Drive for your photo backup?
    02-22-17 03:23 PM